Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,854,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmiella View Post
No, I don't have any section 8 or public housing. But, we have a fixed income and we can't rent anything above our means. In our price range and a little above, we aren't find any vacancies.
She says she's on fixed income, and that's a polite way of saying SSI/disability or some other sort of government income. I suspect she gets a check for mental illness, and is in some sort of low income housing, which explains the neighbors. It also explains everything she says here.

Honestly she could move, but it will probably be from one bad situation to the next due to her being fixed income.

She's also looking for attention from you guys.

OP, if the people above kick your butt, there is nothing we can do about it. Absolutely nothing, and we don't care. And stop hiding behind having a child. Women like you who want to claim to be the ultimate victim love using their child to gain sympathy, and that's if you even had a kid. People wouldn't have tried to help you out this much if you didn't keep bringing up a child.

You do realize, OP, that if you cannot provide a safe home for your supposed child, ACS could take the child away and put him or her in foster care. Whenever your kid is old enough to go to school, stuff like no sleep would be a red flag to a teacher, and they would be obligated by law to involve ACS. And you'd have to either figure out how to solve the mess or lose custody of your child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I still never got the neighborhood. And before anybody asks if this is relevant or not, trust and believe, you get what you pay for....I have the feeling that OP bought a Porsche with a Toyota engine if you catch my drift. Close to work and plenty to eat and drink, but a lot of old-time tenants and crap like this...my point is if you buy a Porsche with a Toyota engine, don't expect it to run like a Porsche....
She said she's on fixed income, dude. She already told you and everyone else all they need to know.
They are probably both on disability and she probably got it for mental illness. But sadly you get what you pay for, and the checks from her and her husband can only afford dumps in the city.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:24 PM

The sympathy I feel for the OP is that she and her husband are fixed income, so without a change in income they are likely to just move into similarly bad living circumstances. The only thing that can save the OP is a substantial increase in income.

To be fair to the OP, if you're living in a building with gangsters and drug dealers, calling the police might not be a good idea for your long term safety.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:25 PM

OP, since you do have a child (assuming you didn't make this up), if you and your husband had jobs, you'd have a better choice in living situations. You guys have a child, and if you're going to have children the bottom line is you need a job.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the website. I will check it out for sure.
Yes, they actually bang from 2 - 5 hours, alternating between minutes to hours loud pounding, a few minutes to a few hours stomping in heels, a few minutes of bouncing a ball heavily..then following my toddler's footsteps and dropping heavy things over his head..or my head if they hear me open a faucet...the whole entire time they are home. Sometimes the loud pounding will continue for hours. It's scary how someone can waste so much time doing this! I feel like I'm living under psychos and I'm so afraid.
I called a lawyer again and they said it's better not to call cops, since the neighbors can harm if they are this type that can bang all these hours and follow us from room to room and cops will need to go there and just tell them to quiet down and not more. This will lead to more aggressive and harmful behavior, just like how it got worse after we complained to management.
Everyone, you have your answer right here. Every suggestion you give her is going to be met with an excuse why it cannot work. This woman is playing you all for fools.

If she really has a child, the only thing people need to do is call ACS for child neglect/mother unable to provide safe living space for child, or otherwise let professionals deal with it. But no one here knows who she is, so that won't really work. There's nothing anyone here can do.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:22 PM

419 posts, read 622,077 times
you gotta be kidding me, there is no fking way your lawyer told you not to call cops.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:54 PM

65 posts, read 74,003 times
I did not say we have a fixed income. We have LOWER income. Ever heard of that? We don't have any government help, no disability, no mental illness if that's what you're thinking, nor do we live in a gangster community. It's just a terrible neighbor, which can happen any place.
I'm just saying the truth, so don't put things in my mouth I never said.
What do you mean I can't keep my child safe? What do you want me to do? Go on the streets, since we haven't found a place to move in yet? Force landlords to vacate their places for us? We're already searching in places above our means, so I don't know what you are asking.

Anyways, anyone who has given advice, thank you so much.
All others who are just being offensive, well there's always karma. It can happen to you and you're not immune to being in such a situation.

Last edited by simmiella; 04-13-2017 at 07:04 PM..

Old 04-13-2017, 07:00 PM

65 posts, read 74,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
She says she's on fixed income, and that's a polite way of saying SSI/disability or some other sort of government income. I suspect she gets a check for mental illness, and is in some sort of low income housing, which explains the neighbors. It also explains everything she says here.

Honestly she could move, but it will probably be from one bad situation to the next due to her being fixed income.

She's also looking for attention from you guys.

OP, if the people above kick your butt, there is nothing we can do about it. Absolutely nothing, and we don't care. And stop hiding behind having a child. Women like you who want to claim to be the ultimate victim love using their child to gain sympathy, and that's if you even had a kid. People wouldn't have tried to help you out this much if you didn't keep bringing up a child.

You do realize, OP, that if you cannot provide a safe home for your supposed child, ACS could take the child away and put him or her in foster care. Whenever your kid is old enough to go to school, stuff like no sleep would be a red flag to a teacher, and they would be obligated by law to involve ACS. And you'd have to either figure out how to solve the mess or lose custody of your child.
If you don't care, don't post. I don't need your sympathy nor does my child.
There is no RED FLAG. I never said child is sleep deprived.
Solve the mess???

Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 PM

33,618 posts, read 46,921,221 times
Quote:
I did not say we have a fixed income. We have LOWER income. Ever heard of that? We don't have any government help, no disability, no mental illness if that's what you're thinking, nor do we live in a gangster community. It's just a terrible neighbor, which can happen any place.
I'm just saying the truth, so don't put things in my mouth I never said.
What do you mean I can't keep my child safe? What do you want me to do? Go on the streets, since we haven't found a place to move in yet? Force landlords to vacate their places for us? We're already searching in places above our means, so I don't know what you are asking.

Anyways, anyone who has given advice, thank you so much.
All others who are just being offensive, well there's always karma. It can happen to you and you're not immune to being in such a situation.
I can't even get the borough? Sheesh.....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 PM

33,618 posts, read 46,921,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Can you answer SeventhFloors question about what neighborhood you live in?

I gave Reps.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City