U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:30 AM

757 posts, read 2,263,020 times
Sorry, pmurray. mead thinks you should look for a hovel in a bad school district, someplace that already has pet rats for your kids.

Not everyone understands that because of the general moaning and groaning about taxes, city workers are not well paid in comparison to their private sector counterparts. These people realize that they've got theirs -- all on their own -- popped out of the womb and into a six-figure job with no help from anyone else. Good for them! I hope they never find themselves down on their luck and surrounded by people just like themselves. They'd never be able to handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 9,178 times
Default 3 bedroom aptment available

Actually to your post working section 8 tenants are actually alot more liable than the ones that rely on welfare and social secruity checks .....

Old 03-28-2008, 01:30 PM

878 posts, read 1,832,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray2 View Post
I am looking for an apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. I have working Section 8 and I work for the City of New York. I would prefer Queens, but I'll look in any Boro as long as the place is clean and decent for me and my children. If anyone has any information, I would love their help.
You can probably find a decent apartment through a broker. Don't know if you are going to find 2 baths. Good luck on your apartment search.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:48 PM

2,806 posts, read 11,718,902 times
Woah I don't know how we missed that. What type of section 8 apartment has 2 bathrooms? Even many of the newer fedder homes only have 1 bathroom for 3 bedrooms.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:03 PM

7,856 posts, read 13,440,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Woah I don't know how we missed that. What type of section 8 apartment has 2 bathrooms? Even many of the newer fedder homes only have 1 bathroom for 3 bedrooms.
Actually I've seen a few. Some of these apartments in Harlem and Wash Heights are huge. They have two bathrooms, and long really long halls (foyers).

Old 03-28-2008, 07:21 PM

878 posts, read 1,832,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Actually I've seen a few. Some of these apartments in Harlem and Wash Heights are huge. They have two bathrooms, and long really long halls (foyers).
True. I have a friend whose aunt lives around Fordham Road in the Bronx and that apartment is huge. Don't know if it has 2 bathrooms though since I still haven't seen the whole apartment.

I used to have 2 bathrooms when I lived in Fort Greene but that was due to them converting 2 1 bedroom apartments into a 3 bedroom apartment. My parents have the same in Bed-Stuy for the same reason but I think it is pretty hard to find a 2 bathroom apartment. My apartment has 2 bathrooms, well 1 bathroom and a bottle .

Old 03-29-2008, 07:03 AM

2,978 posts, read 911,530 times
I have seen alot of new construction with 3 bed/2 bath...the question is....are they going to rent to a section 8 tenant?

Old 03-29-2008, 03:05 PM

493 posts, read 40,506 times
Hello NY Folks,
I was just curious about what section 8 in NY is? Is it a federal, state, or local program...I'm supposing that a middle-class person from Texas who tried to get set up in NYC(Considerably more expensive) wouldn't be eligible for that...hopefully there is a way for people from the South and Midwest to make it in more expensive areas...why would the City of New York not pay their workers proportional to the cost of living?

Old 03-29-2008, 03:27 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Hello NY Folks,
I was just curious about what section 8 in NY is? Is it a federal, state, or local program...I'm supposing that a middle-class person from Texas who tried to get set up in NYC(Considerably more expensive) wouldn't be eligible for that...hopefully there is a way for people from the South and Midwest to make it in more expensive areas...why would the City of New York not pay their workers proportional to the cost of living?
Section 8 (housing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-29-2008, 05:39 PM

10 posts, read 33,574 times
Not everyone can offord alot of rent and no one knows what somewhat elses situation is.Next she is not a damn charity case she has a job so her tax dollars are paying too.She has a right for her children to be able to live ok and to be able to get a little closer to her job.How dare people criticize her for wanting to do better.Before you judge someone else you should imagine what your life may be like if something were to go wrong or your circumstances in life changed.As far as apartment owners begin made to except section 8.If the whole world does'nt make a change then this type of discrimination will continue to breed and exsist.By the way Iam not on section 8.I am married and have kids and work.I don't judge no one because life is not perfect and we are who we are.Julie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City