U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2010, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Roselle Park, NJ
15 posts, read 23,257 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I think you have it backwards...you get section 8 when you cannot afford to pay for housing, not when you are busy paying for cars and private schools and therefore choose not to pay for housing. You were low income and were unable to pay enough for housing, so you received section 8. Now you can afford to buy a nice vehicle, send your kids to private schools, etc, therefore you SHOULD be able to pay your own rent in full, because the car/private schools are luxuries and should only be paid AFTER you have paid your other bills.

Therefore, I wonder why you are still on section 8? The purpose is not so that you can also afford private schools and cars, it is so you can afford your rent! You see it as a lifestyle, whereas it was never meant for that. It was meant as a bridge until you can afford to pay your own bills...which clearly you can.
Like I said you people are so very ignorant for my family size regardless of how you feel Section 8 says once I've reached $63,550 I will no longer be able to received assistance. Again hopefully with my next pay raise I will be there so I don't have to deal with jealous people that are upset that I was able to purchase a nice ride and send my kids to private school. I actually feel bad for the ones that are extremely low income Section 8 receipients. LOL, if you people think of me as a low life, pa receiving individual making close to my max I can only imagine how you lovely people feel about the ones that are receiving pa. That's real sad. You've got it backwards buddy. Why are people so hateful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2010, 01:51 PM
 
8,752 posts, read 9,677,302 times
Reputation: 4168
You don't get it and never will. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Roselle Park, NJ
15 posts, read 23,257 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Either that or she is a troll.
Maybe the sister of the welfare queen driving around in the pink cadillac.
First of all loser, I'm not a sister. I am white girl. So, get it together you lunatic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Roselle Park, NJ
15 posts, read 23,257 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You don't get it and never will. Good luck to you.
You don't get it. Trust me dear I don't need your good luck. I am a very good honest individual so I have plenty of good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
412 posts, read 785,478 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar37 View Post
First of all loser, I'm not a sister. I am white girl. So, get it together you lunatic..
Wow, he never said you was a SISTA,, but it does explain alot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Roselle Park, NJ
15 posts, read 23,257 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post
Wow, he never said you was a SISTA,, but it does explain alot!
Well for starters I will admit when I've made an error and yes I read his post incorrectly. So, forgive me for that. But that's neither here nor there. It's still just very mind boggling to me that people have so much jealousy, envy and rage towards another individal. So, I basically was told by you guys today in not so many words that I don't deserve to be able to send my kids to a private school or shouldn't be allowed to drive a nice car even though I get up seven days a week to go to work, not only take care of my three but also took in my niece and nephew because my sister was unable too provide for them, just because I have Section 8? Wow is all I can say. I'm still really amazed at how evil people can be. Yes, you along with all the other people that dog Section 8 tenants out may very well feel that I shouldn't have a better life but the bottom line is Section 8 sets the income limits I don't. So until I've reached that I guess I'll have to continue to be under fire with a smile on my face. May God bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
412 posts, read 785,478 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar37 View Post
Well for starters I will admit when I've made an error and yes I read his post incorrectly. So, forgive me for that. But that's neither here nor there. It's still just very mind boggling to me that people have so much jealousy, envy and rage towards another individal. So, I basically was told by you guys today in not so many words that I don't deserve to be able to send my kids to a private school or shouldn't be allowed to drive a nice car even though I get up seven days a week to go to work, not only take care of my three but also took in my niece and nephew because my sister was unable too provide for them, just because I have Section 8? Wow is all I can say. I'm still really amazed at how evil people can be. Yes, you along with all the other people that dog Section 8 tenants out may very well feel that I shouldn't have a better life but the bottom line is Section 8 sets the income limits I don't. So until I've reached that I guess I'll have to continue to be under fire with a smile on my face. May God bless you.
Let's get something straight, for one I'm not dogging all Section 8 tenants only the ones that abuse the program for reasons they weren't created.

I was once a Section 8 tenant and decided to give it up and pay my OWN RENT. My children didn't go to private school they went to public school and one is about to study for her MASTERS, while my other two are in college.

I didn't wait to be taken off the program, I LEFT, because they helped me get on my feet as for what the program is for TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE NOT A LIFESTYLE ENTITLEMENT!

For you to write that folks are jealous of you because of your new car or because your children are in private school is far from the topic. You brought it up like you were supposed to be rewarded but in actuality you are one of the reasons why folks feel the way they do about people that receive Section 8.

People here see you as someone who doesn't really need Section 8 because as you stated you can pay your bills, etc but still continue to use it even though you pay 95% of your rent.

I don't see that as jealousy or envy, I see that as someone who really is abusing the system and getting away with it. My opinion and I'm sticking with it.

So continue to abuse the system and let them pay your rent when you are able to do that on your own.

I just feel sorry for those families out there that really need rental assistance and can't get it because people that don't need it continue to receive it or those that continue to abuse it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Roselle Park, NJ
15 posts, read 23,257 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post
Let's get something straight, for one I'm not dogging all Section 8 tenants only the ones that abuse the program for reasons they weren't created.

I was once a Section 8 tenant and decided to give it up and pay my OWN RENT. My children didn't go to private school they went to public school and one is about to study for her MASTERS, while my other two are in college.

I didn't wait to be taken off the program, I LEFT, because they helped me get on my feet as for what the program is for TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE NOT A LIFESTYLE ENTITLEMENT!

For you to write that folks are jealous of you because of your new car or because your children are in private school is far from the topic. You brought it up like you were supposed to be rewarded but in actuality you are one of the reasons why folks feel the way they do about people that receive Section 8.

People here see you as someone who doesn't really need Section 8 because as you stated you can pay your bills, etc but still continue to use it even though you pay 95% of your rent.

I don't see that as jealousy or envy, I see that as someone who really is abusing the system and getting away with it. My opinion and I'm sticking with it.

So continue to abuse the system and let them pay your rent when you are able to do that on your own.

I just feel sorry for those families out there that really need rental assistance and can't get it because people that don't need it continue to receive it or those that continue to abuse it.
Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and yes my opinion I hear jealousy and I'm sticking too it. I guess I am unclear as to why you feel I am abusing the system. I report all of my income each year. Ok, that was your choice to take yourself off of it and it was your choice to send your kids to public schools. I never said there was anything wrong with puclic schools. I don't feel that $63,000 dollars is a heck of alot of money for a family of six especially in this day and age. I don't make the rules or the guidelines. All I've been hearing are negative comments about why I shouldn't be receiving Section 8 and that I shouldnt have a Denali or my kids shouldnt be allowed to attend private schools which is totally obsurd. I didn't mention that I had a Truck or sent my children to private schools because I was trying to boost. That wasn't the case at all. The reason for mentioning that was to try and shed light on those that do have so many negative comments all the time about Section 8 tenants, that not all of us are on welfare or our kids are drug dealers and in the street or that we keep nasty homes. I mainly mentioned it for those Section 8 tenants that read these nasty comments who do possibly get sad while reading them because if you're not a strong person some of these remarks could hurt alot of peoples feelings and also to let them know I was extremely low income at one point but with hard week they can come up and eventually get off like I will one day soon. I work my butt off, like I said I work seven days a week, take care of not only my children but two other family members. Why can't I be allowed to purchase a nice car. Section 8 has a program if you didnt know called the Family Self Sufficiency Program that helps you purchase a car and a home so what are you so mad about. I just recently purchased my truck no more than 3 months ago. It's not like I've been making $63,000 over the last 8 years no I had to work my way up to it. It took me 8 long years to move from making $8.54 an hour to almost $63,00 a year, like why can't people be happy for another person especially you being a ex receipient of Section 8 yourself. I would never downgrade or try and downplay another person especially if I've been in the same boat that the person has been in before. I am moving towards my maxium and will definitely be there one day. Again that was your choice to take yourself off of it and I am actually very proud of you for doing that. I am glad to hear that your child is going for her masters and the other two are in college, Im happy really I am. You may think Im being sarcastic but I am serious. to see that you once were receiving and it sounds like youre doing good. Just as easy as I just typed that too you why can't people be the same way towards other. I have never scammed anyone in my life, nothing good comes to people that are scam artist. I know and God knows that I have done everything they've asked of me and I will continue to be blessed for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
412 posts, read 785,478 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar37 View Post
Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. and yes my opinion I hear jealousy and I'm sticking too it. I guess I am unclear as to why you feel I am abusing the system. I report all of my income each year. Ok, that was your choice to take yourself off of it and it was your choice to send your kids to public schools. I never said there was anything wrong with puclic schools. I don't feel that $63,000 dollars is a heck of alot of money for a family of six especially in this day and age. I don't make the rules or the guidelines. All I've been hearing are negative comments about why I shouldn't be receiving Section 8 and that I shouldnt have a Denali or my kids shouldnt be allowed to attend private schools which is totally obsurd. I didn't mention that I had a Truck or sent my children to private schools because I was trying to boost. That wasn't the case at all. The reason for mentioning that was to try and shed light on those that do have so many negative comments all the time about Section 8 tenants, that not all of us are on welfare or our kids are drug dealers and in the street or that we keep nasty homes. I mainly mentioned it for those Section 8 tenants that read these nasty comments who do possibly get sad while reading them because if you're not a strong person some of these remarks could hurt alot of peoples feelings and also to let them know I was extremely low income at one point but with hard week they can come up and eventually get off like I will one day soon. I work my butt off, like I said I work seven days a week, take care of not only my children but two other family members. Why can't I be allowed to purchase a nice car. Section 8 has a program if you didnt know called the Family Self Sufficiency Program that helps you purchase a car and a home so what are you so mad about. I just recently purchased my truck no more than 3 months ago. It's not like I've been making $63,000 over the last 8 years no I had to work my way up to it. It took me 8 long years to move from making $8.54 an hour to almost $63,00 a year, like why can't people be happy for another person especially you being a ex receipient of Section 8 yourself. I would never downgrade or try and downplay another person especially if I've been in the same boat that the person has been in before. I am moving towards my maxium and will definitely be there one day. Again that was your choice to take yourself off of it and I am actually very proud of you for doing that. I am glad to hear that your child is going for her masters and the other two are in college, Im happy really I am. You may think Im being sarcastic but I am serious. to see that you once were receiving and it sounds like youre doing good. Just as easy as I just typed that too you why can't people be the same way towards other. I have never scammed anyone in my life, nothing good comes to people that are scam artist. I know and God knows that I have done everything they've asked of me and I will continue to be blessed for it.
OK cool but don't think everyone is going to be smiling and clapping for you when you come into a Section 8 thread talking bout you're on the program, have a brand new truck and your kids go to public school.

Those statements right there made folks including myself determine you are just using the program fraudalently and one of the reasons Section 8 tenants are viewed as all being bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Roselle Park, NJ
15 posts, read 23,257 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post
OK cool but don't think everyone is going to be smiling and clapping for you when you come into a Section 8 thread talking bout you're on the program, have a brand new truck and your kids go to public school.

Those statements right there made folks including myself determine you are just using the program fraudalently and one of the reasons Section 8 tenants are viewed as all being bad.
Yes, and that's the problem. People judge the book by the cover. The only thing that a lot ot people seen was the truck and private school. After my husband left me with three kids I know I did an awesome job in raising them. I see talent in my children and I want better for them than I had growing up and I seriously don't see anything wrong with wanting better for your kids. I had to work extra hard to clear up my credit that he so graciously messed up. I've taking the bus in the dead of winter with all of my children because I couldn't afford a car. I've bought used cars with loud muffflers that died on me while it was a ton of snow on the ground and my kids was in the car. I ask no one to applaud for me. I know where I've come from and if you've never been in my shoes please don't judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top