Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 02:52 PM

100 posts, read 175,759 times

Advertisements

Currently I don't fall into the income bracket of a building I want to apply for but I will soon in a few weeks because of a promotion. When filling out the application, should I put down my current income or my "projected" income? I'm just afraid they will not bother processing my application if I put down my current income as I currently am below the income requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 03:00 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy99 View Post
Currently I don't fall into the income bracket of a building I want to apply for but I will soon in a few weeks because of a promotion. When filling out the application, should I put down my current income or my "projected" income? I'm just afraid they will not bother processing my application if I put down my current income as I currently am below the income requirement.
They will not move anywhere near fast enough to reach out to you before your promotion. Just put down your promotion income to save yourself the headache.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:30 PM

274 posts, read 485,092 times
Promotion income for sure.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:34 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Yes, definitely. Always put down that your income falls within the advertised brackets.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:02 PM

100 posts, read 175,759 times
Thank you everyone.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:55 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times
If you don't put down an income that falls into the brackets, you'll get rejected. Put in your promotion income just to stay in the game. What you put on the application is just a starting point -- if you get called for intake, they go strictly by your tax returns, which you supply and then they independently verify.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:54 AM

151 posts, read 154,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
If you don't put down an income that falls into the brackets, you'll get rejected. Put in your promotion income just to stay in the game. What you put on the application is just a starting point -- if you get called for intake, they go strictly by your tax returns, which you supply and then they independently verify.

Not necessarily true. I applied absent mindeledy to a few where I fell under. I received a letter saying I was denied based on low income but I had a secured another job before I received the letter and I appealed and now qualified. So literally : shoot your shot.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:23 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
I have been curious about this as well. I don't know how the income you put on the initial application is used in the process. I really don't think they can pass over applicants because of what income they put on the initial application because it could have changed to be within the bracket when they get to your number.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:37 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,365 times
I was an intern at my current company at the time I applied for 605 West 42nd Street in mid 2015.
I knew I would be converted to Full-Time (not going through salary negotiation just yet) so I just looked at the minimum salary required to get in and added $150.

I got hired for more than my ballpark, but was still in the range of the building.

December 2017 when I get called in for interview all they asked was, did your salary change in any way (which you then provide the notarized letterhead from HR stating your annual salary)

As long as you have proof for your current salary, you should be okay.

For the OP, he'd clearly have many weeks of paystubs reflecting the updated salary.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:03 PM

43 posts, read 100,346 times
I have gotten several letters stating that I would not be called for an interview because my income was too low. They do go by what you put on the application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City