U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 04:31 AM

7,904 posts, read 6,483,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
The reality is where will you hide when the revolution comes????
Oh please god! Bring it finally. The eventual slaughter of the leftist underclass is going to be glorious!

See the difference here is where leftist revolutions in other nations have only faced unmotivated government forces, in the US you will face the government and millions of gun owning, self-reliant, fed-up REAL Americans who have been itching for YEARS to cleanse letism from our shores once and for all.

Go ahead and fire the first shot, I implore you. I promise you won't fire the last and that the time between the two will be much, much shorter than you ever imagined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 06:54 AM

728 posts, read 494,371 times
I am repeatedly shocked at the awful racist rhetoric on this forum. And this particular case, I'm referring to white people literally being called 'crackers' and 'the devil' in this thread. If someone posted something of that sort about another race, there would be a major uproar. I'm a New York native, and I don't care for trust fund transplants myself, but this hate is just absurd and uncalled for.

This forum is a JOKE to me at this point. You go on on city data forums for other cities and people are discussing relevant things like neighborhoods, infrastructure, local governance, etc etc. Over here it's nothing but housing lotteries, white vs black, Puerto Rican vs Dominican, constant derogatory comments about Jews, Russians and every other nationality under the sun etc etc. It's absolutely pathetic and utterly POINTLESS. Where are the mods?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:07 AM

10,404 posts, read 7,492,263 times
To the OP, you seem divided. Is it the money that bothers you, or the skin color?
I've been looking at apartments all over the area. I'm not rich and my family is bi-racial. I don't receive financial assistance but I do keep a neat and tidy domicile.
Where do I go? (No pun intended)

Last edited by hunterseat; 04-28-2017 at 07:17 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 08:11 AM

4 posts, read 6,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
I've always lived in New York, and have seen neighborhoods change for the worse.. I consider myself 100% against gentrification. I am tired of seeing people pushed out the ghetto because some rich white trustfund. Baby living off mommy and daddy's money can feel edgy. The streets have become a military occupation by police protecting the yuppies, that is very similar to the West Bank in Palestine., or Baghdad. and yuppies are smug, pompous, arrogant pieces of trash who walk around like they own us hood people as slaves all high on the white privilege horse. The hood people typcially are native New Yorkers however and are the strongest and most resilient people you will ever meet in the world.

I wouldn't care if 100% of these gentrifiers and yuppies stayed the fuuuck out of my hood. My hood and others like it are already homes to diverse populations of black people, immigrants, and working class whites who have deep roots here.

I just read the title of this...even though I saw it yesterday...and I am screaming!!! lmbo!!!!!

Old 04-28-2017, 08:14 AM

4 posts, read 6,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
i am repeatedly shocked at the awful racist rhetoric on this forum. And this particular case, i'm referring to white people literally being called 'crackers' and 'the devil' in this thread. If someone posted something of that sort about another race, there would be a major uproar. I'm a new york native, and i don't care for trust fund transplants myself, but this hate is just absurd and uncalled for.

this forum is a joke to me at this point. You go on on city data forums for other cities and people are discussing relevant things like neighborhoods, infrastructure, local governance, etc etc. Over here it's nothing but housing lotteries, white vs black, puerto rican vs dominican, constant derogatory comments about jews, russians and every other nationality under the sun etc etc. It's absolutely pathetic and utterly pointless. Where are the mods?

sir! Where have you been...as african americans, we've been subjected to all manner of vile language on this forum...did you post about that??? I doubt it very seriously...Like, did you admonish the individual who made a post that sparked this post? Do you even know why when and how this post came about?????

Old 04-28-2017, 08:22 AM

1,774 posts, read 1,416,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
I am repeatedly shocked at the awful racist rhetoric on this forum. And this particular case, I'm referring to white people literally being called 'crackers' and 'the devil' in this thread. If someone posted something of that sort about another race, there would be a major uproar. I'm a New York native, and I don't care for trust fund transplants myself, but this hate is just absurd and uncalled for.

This forum is a JOKE to me at this point. You go on on city data forums for other cities and people are discussing relevant things like neighborhoods, infrastructure, local governance, etc etc. Over here it's nothing but housing lotteries, white vs black, Puerto Rican vs Dominican, constant derogatory comments about Jews, Russians and every other nationality under the sun etc etc. It's absolutely pathetic and utterly POINTLESS. Where are the mods?
That's what happens when the majority of the population has no vested interest in having a fiscally responsible gov't. In fact i suspect most have a vested interest in the opposite. You expect there to be civilized discussions about gov't finances, spending, good schools, and etc when most people can't even straighten their own lives, don't pay any income tax, or are dependant on a govt check? That being said, now what's your log number?

Last edited by bumblebyz; 04-28-2017 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 08:53 AM

44,611 posts, read 43,144,135 times
To be honest, I don't want such things happening to the "gentrifiers". I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's wrong to wish that on someone.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:56 AM

849 posts, read 453,459 times
Why is everybody still feeding this troll?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:18 AM

8,382 posts, read 5,034,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I've always been for Gentrification. There is no other way for a neighborhood to "renew" and grow economically - other than having the current residents improve their properties themselves.

And since I almost never see the latter happen I feel no sympathy.

If you are on the bottom, you need to do something to climb up and escape. You should do it of your own volition, but if you don't, gentrification will help you along.
Oh, BTW, I forgot to add...

Although I think gentrification is a good tool for urban renewal, I don't take glee in anyone's misfortune; after all, I am not psycho.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:53 AM

2,257 posts, read 2,627,792 times
From 98-2002 lets just say when the first "urban pioneers" who didnt have natural tans were making their ways to flushing ave on the J/M, montrose ave on the L, we tried lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or