Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 09:57 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,810 times

Advertisements

I've always lived in New York, and have seen neighborhoods change for the worse.. I consider myself 100% against gentrification. I am tired of seeing people pushed out the ghetto because some rich white trustfund. Baby living off mommy and daddy's money can feel edgy. The streets have become a military occupation by police protecting the yuppies, that is very similar to the West Bank in Palestine., or Baghdad. and yuppies are smug, pompous, arrogant pieces of trash who walk around like they own us hood people as slaves all high on the white privilege horse. The hood people typcially are native New Yorkers however and are the strongest and most resilient people you will ever meet in the world.

I wouldn't care if 100% of these gentrifiers and yuppies stayed the fuuuck out of my hood. My hood and others like it are already homes to diverse populations of black people, immigrants, and working class whites who have deep roots here.

Last edited by BoogeyDownDweller; 04-27-2017 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 10:03 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
I've always lived in New York, and have seen neighborhoods change for the worse.. I consider myself 100% against gentrification. I am tired of seeing people pushed out the ghetto because some rich white trustfund. Baby living off mommy and daddy's money can feel edgy. The streets have become a military occupation by police protecting the yuppies, that is very similar to the West Bank in Palestine., or Baghdad. and yuppies are smug, pompous, arrogant pieces of trash who walk around like they own us hood people as slaves all high on the white privilege horse. The hood people typcially are native New Yorkers however and are the strongest and most resilient people you will ever meet in the world.

I wouldn't if 100% of these gentrifiers and yuppies stayed the fuuuck out of my hood. My hood and other like it are already homes to diverse populations of black people, immigrants, and working class whites who have deep roots here.
I wonder if you ever considered how people felt when you were taking over their once nice neighborhood and turning it into a hellhole? Just some food for thought.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:17 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,236,076 times
Cool story bro.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:31 AM

39 posts, read 115,772 times
LMAO at the title of this thread and it being right below the original one. hahahahahah

Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,196,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I wonder if you ever considered how people felt when you were taking over their once nice neighborhood and turning it into a hellhole? Just some food for thought.
My hood is fine thank you very much, not a hellhole. Just because you yuppie gentrifiers want to bring some interior decoration to my hood doesn't mean there is any issue with my hood

Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times

Old 04-27-2017, 10:46 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
I pity you. It's a shame that you go through life so resentful with such a huge chip on your shoulder. Maybe you should try to do something positive for yourself. Or of course you can just stay angry and keep posting drivel on anonymous online forums.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:46 AM

419 posts, read 626,109 times
Quote:
My hood is fine thank you very much, not a hellhole. Just because you yuppie gentrifiers want to bring some interior decoration to my hood doesn't mean there is any issue with my hood
your hood fking sucks, you degenerated fool, your kinds are the sole reason we are so backward you are hinder to progress. if i were you i put cement shoes on myself and jump off hudson.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:04 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Oh you don't get to be judge and jury too. You can't go around calling other neighborhoods "dumps", but then turn around and say that your neighborhood is fine. Based on what criteria?

P.S. I'm not a gentrifier. I've never lived in a gentrifying neighborhood and have no interest to live in some up and coming hellhole. I've always lived in middle to upper class neighborhoods.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:09 AM

769 posts, read 1,014,840 times
gentrification=rebuilding a crumbling neglected neighborhood.

i guess some people just enjoy living in outdated non functioning buildings and filth.

i never thought it was an issue of race, but people seem to like blaming everything on race nowadays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City