U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 10:45 AM

3,335 posts, read 3,125,061 times

Advertisements

VIX — known as Wall Street’s fear gauge — hits lowest level in 24 years

In other words, investors are getting more and more fear-free under Trump. That is a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 12:03 PM

9,832 posts, read 21,491,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Frankly, major economic reports point to a worsening economic trend yet the markets are rallying like crazy post Trump winning of the election.

From what I could tell/foresee, things will get only worse in the coming two years under trump. But why the money keeps pushing the equity market up&up?

Nyers, are you all fully invested at this point?
In a word, speculation. Stock market doesn't always sync up with economic forecast.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 PM

shall we call it that the party is over on wall street, for the next 4-5 years, until the US finds a new great POTUS again?

Don't get me wrong, I like Trump and his determination to shake up the corrupted system. but he surrounds himself with too many incompent ppl so his cause is doomed to fail. I really do not like that he brought his family into the power circle.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:43 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Those people are from Goldman, you're saying Goldman is full of incompetence? May want to look back at how Hillary really lost.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:16 PM

7,048 posts, read 7,615,394 times
Thought Mark Cuban said the market will tank if Trump is president

Old 05-17-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Those people are from Goldman, you're saying Goldman is full of incompetence? May want to look back at how Hillary really lost.
crooked, at the best.
financially successful opportunists are far different from being competent national leaders.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:49 AM

8,389 posts, read 19,619,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
shall we call it that the party is over on wall street, for the next 4-5 years, until the US finds a new great POTUS again?

Don't get me wrong, I like Trump and his determination to shake up the corrupted system. but he surrounds himself with too many incompent ppl so his cause is doomed to fail. I really do not like that he brought his family into the power circle.
The cause is doomed to fail because of his incompetence, not the incompetence of those around him. No matter what he has accomplished in his life he does not have the skill set to function as President. He also does not have the ability or the inclination to learn the skill set. Finally, he does not have a moral compass which is necessary . I honestly think he has absolutely no moral compass whatsoever.
Republicans could be pushing through one piece of legislation after the other if Pence or someone else were POTUS. Trump is the problem and they are beginning to realize it.unfortunately they are stuck with him for now.When they come to fully realize that they would be better off without him they will dump him.That realization might not come until the 2018 election however and they may no longer then be in control of everything.
Best thing for Republicans to do would be to immediately invoke the 25th amendment and put Pence in the White House while they still control both houses...like do it before the end of the Summer. Impeachment will take too long and nothing will get done during investigations and impeachment trial.
The market is starting to waver because it is beginning to sink in that the Trump agenda that was supposed to engender an economic transformation isn't going anywhere right now.The market is priced for 3 or 4 % growth this year and every year into the foreseeable future . That's not going to happen.We might even slip backwards. Market won't like that. Watch.

Last edited by bluedog2; 05-18-2017 at 04:11 AM..

Old 05-18-2017, 04:53 AM

64,507 posts, read 66,075,955 times
despite all the noise ,earning have been excellent . i can count on one hand the number of companies that reported missing earnings in the s&p 500 and 3/4's have reported .

good earnings , low rates and so much pessimism says things still have a ways to go .

bull markets don't end with this much negativity and caution .

but i am not a market timer anyway so whatever happens will happen . i am retired and i maintain 3 separate portfolio's , optimized to the time frames i need the money to eat .

i don't have to worry about down markets until at least a decade out the way i structure . anyone who is a long term investor has decades to go so all in all the short term is never a problem . what is a problem is bad investor behavior and reacting to this crap .

Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 AM

9,871 posts, read 7,676,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The cause is doomed to fail because of his incompetence, not the incompetence of those around him. No matter what he has accomplished in his life he does not have the skill set to function as President. He also does not have the ability or the inclination to learn the skill set. Finally, he does not have a moral compass which is necessary . I honestly think he has absolutely no moral compass whatsoever.
Republicans could be pushing through one piece of legislation after the other if Pence or someone else were POTUS. Trump is the problem and they are beginning to realize it.unfortunately they are stuck with him for now.When they come to fully realize that they would be better off without him they will dump him.That realization might not come until the 2018 election however and they may no longer then be in control of everything.
Best thing for Republicans to do would be to immediately invoke the 25th amendment and put Pence in the White House while they still control both houses...like do it before the end of the Summer. Impeachment will take too long and nothing will get done during investigations and impeachment trial.
The market is starting to waver because it is beginning to sink in that the Trump agenda that was supposed to engender an economic transformation isn't going anywhere right now.The market is priced for 3 or 4 % growth this year and every year into the foreseeable future . That's not going to happen.We might even slip backwards. Market won't like that. Watch.
Are you referring to the US or Brazil? In reality its unclear, so I'll assume the latter.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 AM

1,007 posts, read 578,650 times
Capitalist economy always moves in a boom bust cycle approximately every 10 years. This hasn't always been the case there is always a recession every 10 years or so regardless of what the Feds do. Most likely within the next four years we will see another crisis where people lose their homes, their pensions, and their jobs because after all that's all fair games for the big Wall Street billionaires and banks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or