Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 04:11 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,195,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
HDC Rider to Lease, in caps (the rest is not in caps):
I mean let's be honest; who is really going to determine whether this was to circumvent eligibility or if it was unanticipated life events. If you claim it was unanticipated then it is...

Besides I know plenty of people in affordable and public housing buildings who live there but are not on the lease. It's not like there is some special housing task force swat team that drags people out of there homes because they are not accurately representing their household composition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:26 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,853,768 times
In the newer housing LUXURY 20/80s these people WILL be found out and reported IMMEDIATELY. In the **** developments in the bronx probably no one is going to care what baby daddy's are brought in, that's par the course. I've rejected every single housing interview for anything like this building. No sane person sans crotch fruit wants to live in these kinds of buildings no matter how new and "affordable" they are. It's best to let the ratchet class fill them up, which is pretty obvious considering how hard they are having filling them up with middle income. Luxury Projects 2.0. Looks nice the first month, but will be a slum in no time. See 3160 lol

Old 05-09-2017, 07:55 PM

87 posts, read 140,260 times
It's none of their business. Don't tell them you're with your husband. I'm in an affordable housing building right now and yes my BF who is now my child's father lives with me. He has a very good job....but we done broke up like 2-3 times. Now imagine I was stupid and decided to be honest and tell these people "oh yea I'm not married but have a man living with me and here is his info" my rent would've been crazy to pay. I wouldn't have been able to afford it. He helps me pay the rent. No one has came to my apt asking to see whose in the apt and comparing to whose on the lease. They only care about their rent being on time, folks not smoking in their building, folks not having illegal pets and drug activity going on. No stealing or vandalism. And no sub-leasing. They don't run your social...well my management company doesn't. I lost my job- nothing happened rent was still the same. I got a new job making $3K more-rent was still the same. When you get in the building just watch out for folks. Don't be telling your business as you can see from some of these responses some folks just hate to hear about another person getting over-catching a break and just might tell management your business.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:12 AM

110 posts, read 160,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure8430 View Post
It's none of their business. Don't tell them you're with your husband. I'm in an affordable housing building right now and yes my BF who is now my child's father lives with me. He has a very good job....but we done broke up like 2-3 times. Now imagine I was stupid and decided to be honest and tell these people "oh yea I'm not married but have a man living with me and here is his info" my rent would've been crazy to pay. I wouldn't have been able to afford it. He helps me pay the rent. No one has came to my apt asking to see whose in the apt and comparing to whose on the lease. They only care about their rent being on time, folks not smoking in their building, folks not having illegal pets and drug activity going on. No stealing or vandalism. And no sub-leasing. They don't run your social...well my management company doesn't. I lost my job- nothing happened rent was still the same. I got a new job making $3K more-rent was still the same. When you get in the building just watch out for folks. Don't be telling your business as you can see from some of these responses some folks just hate to hear about another person getting over-catching a break and just might tell management your business.
Exactly people will hate on you for having someone live with you who isn't causing any issues and helping you pay rent. Keep your business to yourself. And if and when it comes time for you to explain you let them know a life event has occurred and you fell back in love. End of story

Old 05-10-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
In the newer housing LUXURY 20/80s these people WILL be found out and reported IMMEDIATELY. In the **** developments in the bronx probably no one is going to care what baby daddy's are brought in, that's par the course. I've rejected every single housing interview for anything like this building. No sane person sans crotch fruit wants to live in these kinds of buildings no matter how new and "affordable" they are. It's best to let the ratchet class fill them up, which is pretty obvious considering how hard they are having filling them up with middle income. Luxury Projects 2.0. Looks nice the first month, but will be a slum in no time. See 3160 lol
You just jump from post to post with insults lol. I see. Lol cut it out please. People have to start somewhere to get where they need to be. And I'm sure people with class who move into those kinds of buildings don't plan on making this their forever space.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:25 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,195,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
You just jump from post to post with insults lol. I see. Lol cut it out please. People have to start somewhere to get where they need to be. And I'm sure people with class who move into those kinds of buildings don't plan on making this their forever space.
Lol yeah ignore him, some people on these forum are really scum of the earth

Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Welp. I'm on my way to the 3160 thread lmao 😂

Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM

965 posts, read 1,113,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
Exactly. His posts are usually excessive, but this one went waaaaaaay over the rainbow, girl.
Sane people apply and live in these buildings. Sure, some bad apples can get into the mix, but that's where 311 and emails to management come in. Get those apples promptly removed.

I had a choice to either stay in my aunt's cramped one-bedroom apartment, or take an apartment of my own in a new development a few blocks away. Of course I went with the new development, because I'm 27 and need to learn the value of responsibilities. I'm spoiled and always had everything handed to me.

I'll still be able to save (not as fast), but still save and learn how to become an adult. I've been happier ever since the move. There's nothing like having your own space.

Not to mention, my DM's having been blowing up since my move. My inventory of boys to take home now is off the charts. lololol
Yaaaaaaaaaasssss... Okay, a bit much, but you get the idea.

Not everyone making less than $40,000 a year is some sort of hoodrat that has no home training. Same goes for anyone that lives in the Bronx. The amount of people that have this mentality is mind boggling.

Makes me wonder how "well off" one must be to think that way. 'Cause if you aren't making well over six figures, OWN your home as well as a car, you shouldn't really be in the position to judge. Even if you are, you shouldn't be. At least in my example, the person has "their ****" together.

Some of the users on this board need to take a look in the mirror, and humble their selves. Chill the f*ck out.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Exactly. His posts are usually excessive, but this one went waaaaaaay over the rainbow, girl.
Sane people apply and live in these buildings. Sure, some bad apples can get into the mix, but that's where 311 and emails to management come in. Get those apples promptly removed.

I had a choice to either stay in my aunt's cramped one-bedroom apartment, or take an apartment of my own in a new development a few blocks away. Of course I went with the new development, because I'm 27 and need to learn the value of responsibilities. I'm spoiled and always had everything handed to me.

I'll still be able to save (not as fast), but still save and learn how to become an adult. I've been happier ever since the move. There's nothing like having your own space.

Not to mention, my DM's having been blowing up since my move. My inventory of boys to take home now is off the charts. lololol

Not everyone making less than $40,000 a year is some sort of hoodrat that has no home training. Same goes for anyone that lives in the Bronx. The amount of people that have this mentality is mind boggling.

Makes me wonder how "well off" one must be to think that way. 'Cause if you aren't making well over six figures, OWN your home as well as a car, you shouldn't really be in the position to judge. Even if you are, you shouldn't be. At least in my example, the person has "their ****" together.

Some of the users on this board need to take a look in the mirror, and humble their selves. Chill the f*ck out.
Girl PREACHHHHHHHH, I'm the same age as you and I got my apartment in 5blue Slip and from here on it's only up we will go. He (I'm assuming it's a man) needs to find someone or something to do. Keep up the good work mama and enjoy your place.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,841,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post

DM's blowing up..? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City