U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 09:21 AM

9,968 posts, read 8,463,156 times

Advertisements

Isn't making excessive noise a crime, if only a misdemeanor? If not, it probably should be. The city council could easily make it one.

That being the case, hearing the noise would be probably cause that a crime is being committed, and since it would take too long to chase a warrant for this type of situation, it becomes and exigent circumstance, where the police could demand to enter. If the law was written correctly this would likely hold up.

However, our pro-criminal mayor has no interest in enforcing quality of life laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:35 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,865,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Dear Gentrifiers -
Your new apartment in the "Up and coming" Ghetto is about to get a hole hell of a lot louder at night. Thank the Mayor for this and other lovely things

Pissing in the streets is now no big deal
Loud Music No big deal
Pot no big deal

He just keeps making quality of life crimes, not crimes anymore. Why? You figure out what group of people he is trying to protect and I'll give you a free hot baked Donut.
How is weed a quality of life crime?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 AM

7,589 posts, read 2,707,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
How is it not?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 AM

3,069 posts, read 6,142,475 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but......

1. Summonses can still be issued!

2. Some parties, yes, there are some, are imposing cover charges! That means it could be treated as an unauthorized business! That means, in this regard, they could go in, correct?

3. If it's known that someone at the party has an outstanding warrant, (you'd be surprised how many 'violators' show up at parties!), they could go in, right?

Just asking. I'll let the lawyers answer those questions......!

Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,645,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

Personally speaking - the acrid stink. Ugh.

Otherwise doesn't bother me.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:41 AM

15,005 posts, read 16,568,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Personally speaking - the acrid stink. Ugh.

Otherwise doesn't bother me.
I feel the same about people's cooking wafting down the hallway. Seriously, are you making curry, fish, and burning a truck tire at the same time?

Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 AM

1,007 posts, read 582,763 times
OP aid trolling with this title. The only change is that NYPD won't be able to steal music equipment anymore. If cops walked into OPs apartment and stole his speakers he'd be pissed too. Especially since noise complaints are subjective. I've seen people have the cops called on them simply for having a couple people over talking

Old 05-11-2017, 02:13 PM

7,589 posts, read 2,707,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
OP aid trolling with this title. The only change is that NYPD won't be able to steal music equipment anymore. If cops walked into OPs apartment and stole his speakers he'd be pissed too. Especially since noise complaints are subjective. I've seen people have the cops called on them simply for having a couple people over talking
You mean ghetto behavior... Blasting music at odd hours of the night when people have to work the next day is not normal. That's excessive, and their equipment should be confiscated because they have no commonsense to understand that they need to be considerate of their neighbors. Having a couple of people over talking? Talking loudly and everything else that comes with it... The loud laughing, stomping of the feet and so on at late hours of the night. If you have thin walls, it's almost as if they're in your own residence, so again it's about commonsense. If you know you want to entertain and be loud, go to a bar or a club and do that nonsense.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Status: "I have "a thing" for duplex apartments" (set 3 hours ago)

19,248 posts, read 32,742,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
I copied and pasted the exact title the NY Post used, but i'm the troll?

I don't even think half of those whose commented bothered to read the article in its entirety, or even really lived in the hood before....I don't care if you're in the hood every day for work, its different living there, and even more so if you have a family.

The point is, people who generally play their music loud without concern for others was doing it even before this article was written.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-11-2017, 06:14 PM

1,007 posts, read 582,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I copied and pasted the exact title the NY Post used, but i'm the troll?
Lol yeah... you should know NY POST are professional trolls, racists, sexists, bigots, xenophobia and all sorts of other filth. They are propped up by Fox and Rupert Murdoch despite failing just so that they can spread their filthy vile fascist perspective to the New York working class

Only people that read them outside of conservative white Italian communities in states Island and other similar places are sports fans who for some reason think their sports coverage is good.

Everybody knows they are serial liars who distort the truth.

Quote:

I don't even think half of those whose commented bothered to read the article in its entirety, or even really lived in the hood before....I don't care if you're in the hood every day for work, its different living there, and even more so if you have a family.

The point is, people who generally play their music loud without concern for others was doing it even before this article was written.
I get that it's annoying, but people have the right within reason to play music in their homes within reasonable hours. After midnight sure that's a problem, but before than this is the city. If you have a problem maybe dense urban living is not for you and you should live in Montana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or