U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:25 PM

1,007 posts, read 579,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You mean ghetto behavior...
The hell is up with you and your demonization of poor people. If you don't like the ghetto maybe you should move out of Harlem. Who are you to just move here with your white privilege and demand that neighborhoods change their culture to your likings? You act like Columbus or Henry Hudson or something.

Quote:
Blasting music at odd hours of the night when people have to work the next day is not normal.
Ok you have to recognize that playing music until midnight on weekends is very different then playing music at three am on a Tuesday night.

I agree that this is a problem if your blasting music on a Tuesday night at 3 am. However in my experience very few people do this.

The people that make noise complaints are often grouches who can't deal with some friends upstairs playing music at 10 Pm on Friday. I'm sorry but that is my right! And I pay tons of money in rent for the right to do so.

You also can do what everyone else does and that is take your broom and bang on the ceiling until the person stops. They will stop or turn down the music often because that noise of someone banging on your floor annoys them. You can also knock on their doors, that works too often.

Quote:
That's excessive, and their equipment should be confiscated because they have no commonsense to understand that they need to be considerate of their neighbors. Having a couple of people over talking? Talking loudly and everything else that comes with it... The loud laughing, stomping of the feet and so on at late hours of the night. If you have thin walls, it's almost as if they're in your own residence, so again it's about commonsense. If you know you want to entertain and be loud, go to a bar or a club and do that nonsense.
What are you the gestapo? Taking away people's speakers, really? That is people's personal property they moat money for. The state and the police have no right to my personal property.

And no if you have problems with normal facts of life in dense urban living situations then maybe living in New York City is not for you. You can move to Montana where there are no other neighbors and you don't have to worry about you know people using their homes to invite friends over because that's well within their rights when they pay rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 06:29 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,485,824 times
quote:
The people that make noise complaints are often grouches

lol

Old 05-11-2017, 06:33 PM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
The hell is up with you and your demonization of poor people. If you don't like the ghetto maybe you should move out of Harlem. Who are you to just move here with your white privilege and demand that neighborhoods change their culture to your likings? You act like Columbus or Henry Hudson or something.

Ok you have to recognize that playing music until midnight on weekends is very different then playing music at three am on a Tuesday night.

I agree that this is a problem if your blasting music on a Tuesday night at 3 am. However in my experience very few people do this.

The people that make noise complaints are often grouches who can't deal with some friends upstairs playing music at 10 Pm on Friday. I'm sorry but that is my right! And I pay tons of money in rent for the right to do so.

You also can do what everyone else does and that is take your broom and bang on the ceiling until the person stops. They will stop or turn down the music often because that noise of someone banging on your floor annoys them. You can also knock on their doors, that works too often.

What are you the gestapo? Taking away people's speakers, really? That is people's personal property they moat money for. The state and the police have no right to my personal property.

And no if you have problems with normal facts of life in dense urban living situations then maybe living in New York City is not for you. You can move to Montana where there are no other neighbors and you don't have to worry about you know people using their homes to invite friends over because that's well within their rights when they pay rent
That's interesting. I didn't know I moved to Harlem... In any event, I'm speaking for the people who live in ghetto areas. I myself don't live in a ghetto area so you can scratch Harlem off of your list. I have friends that live there, but their building isn't ghetto, just the surrounding neighborhood.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:58 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,151,203 times
Quote:

No it isn't your right, you must be a selfish self centered Millennial.

What does turning your music loud really do, seriously. What its no good on volume level 7 but it is on 15?
Not only do your neighbor not want to hear your music... ever....You have to remember that NYC is a 24 hour, 7 day a week city. People work weekends and all hours. You blasting you music at 10pm may disrupt your neighbor who has to be up at 4am for work. What is wrong with people, when did everyone become me, me me and so damn selfish and not think how their actions affect others.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
No it isn't your right, you must be a selfish self centered Millennial.

What does turning your music loud really do, seriously. What its no good on volume level 7 but it is on 15?
Not only do your neighbor not want to hear your music... ever....You have to remember that NYC is a 24 hour, 7 day a week city. People work weekends and all hours. You blasting you music at 10pm may disrupt your neighbor who has to be up at 4am for work. What is wrong with people, when did everyone become me, me me and so damn selfish and not think how their actions affect others.
You heard the man. He pays "lots of rent" (nobody else does you know ).

Old 05-11-2017, 07:11 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,151,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You heard the man. He pays "lots of rent" (nobody else does you know ).

Old 05-11-2017, 07:39 PM

7,901 posts, read 6,472,299 times
This is such a simple fix: avoid the ghetto. If you choose to live in the ghetto, this is an inevitable issue you will face. Loud "music" is the #1 sign of ghetto behavior.

We recently had a ghetto family rent from one of the homeowners in our community. When the garbage started and the cars with out of state plates appeared, we warned the owner. He blew us off and called us racist. When the garbage increased, theft from cars happened, and loud music started, we fined the owner. He complained. When they stopped paying rent, he admitted we were right all along.

If it walks like a duck, it's a duck. If you can't admit that, you're probably a leftist who cries racism all the time.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is such a simple fix: avoid the ghetto. If you choose to live in the ghetto, this is an inevitable issue you will face. Loud "music" is the #1 sign of ghetto behavior.

We recently had a ghetto family rent from one of the homeowners in our community. When the garbage started and the cars with out of state plates appeared, we warned the owner. He blew us off and called us racist. When the garbage increased, theft from cars happened, and loud music started, we fined the owner. He complained. When they stopped paying rent, he admitted we were right all along.

If it walks like a duck, it's a duck. If you can't admit that, you're probably a leftist.
You sir are a racist!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 PM

19,086 posts, read 32,666,756 times
Quote:
Lol yeah... you should know NY POST are professional trolls, racists, sexists, bigots, xenophobia and all sorts of other filth. They are propped up by Fox and Rupert Murdoch despite failing just so that they can spread their filthy vile fascist perspective to the New York working class

Only people that read them outside of conservative white Italian communities in states Island and other similar places are sports fans who for some reason think their sports coverage is good.

Everybody knows they are serial liars who distort the truth.

I get that it's annoying, but people have the right within reason to play music in their homes within reasonable hours. After midnight sure that's a problem, but before than this is the city. If you have a problem maybe dense urban living is not for you and you should live in Montana.
Ok...so since you know so much, point out the errors in the article then and show me where the lies are, because I don't know. Enlighten me. I simply copied and pasted the title of the article because that's what was there for me to copy and paste.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 PM

19,086 posts, read 32,666,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

If it walks like a duck, it's a duck. If you can't admit that, you're probably a leftist who cries racism all the time.
You know what, it's actually not that simple. That's all people can afford, I believe. And when you're not used to that environment, well they really step in it.....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or