U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-11-2017, 07:56 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 5,520,426 times
Reputation: 7131

Advertisements

The decent people residing in Washington heights are screwed! Those Dominicans up there love blast their music all hours of the morning, day, night etc
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2017, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,084 posts, read 32,655,211 times
Reputation: 7563
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
The decent people residing in Washington heights are screwed! Those Dominicans up there love blast their music all hours of the morning, day, night etc
How's Florida so far?
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 5,520,426 times
Reputation: 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
How's Florida so far?
Nice and quiet!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
1,073 posts, read 493,333 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
The decent people residing in Washington heights are screwed! Those Dominicans up there love blast their music all hours of the morning, day, night etc
You're just jealous.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2017, 03:59 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,901 posts, read 6,472,299 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You sir are a racist!
They were white. I left that part out on purpose.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2017, 09:30 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Reputation: 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They were white. I left that part out on purpose.
Very good...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2017, 10:29 AM
 
6,804 posts, read 4,420,910 times
Reputation: 7594
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Nice and quiet!
What part of Florida do you live at?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2017, 12:53 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 5,520,426 times
Reputation: 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
You're just jealous.
Jealous? LOL. I used to own a route business and was frequently in Washington Heights. It's party central up there 24/7. It's the only neighborhood that I would constantly witness people throwing a kid's bday party right on the sidewalk or in the entrance to an apt building. They would run an extension cord from inside one of the apts and blast music all day/night while openly drinking and smoking weed. There would be times where I had to go service my route very late at night and see play pens with babies inside of them right on the sidewalks.

Now if you don't mind living in this type of atmosphere then cool. For someone looking for a nice tranquil neighborhood to live in, WH should be the last place to look. To each their own. Some people thrive off of constant noise and chaos.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2017, 12:57 PM
 
6,804 posts, read 4,420,910 times
Reputation: 7594
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Jealous? LOL. I used to own a route business and was frequently in Washington Heights. It's party central up there 24/7. It's the only neighborhood that I would constantly witness people throwing a kid's bday party right on the sidewalk or in the entrance to an apt building. They would run an extension cord from inside one of the apts and blast music all day/night while openly drinking and smoking weed. There would be times where I had to go service my route very late at night and see play pens with babies inside of them right on the sidewalks.

Now if you don't mind living in this type of atmosphere then cool. For someone looking for a nice tranquil neighborhood to live in, WH should be the last place to look. To each their own. Some people thrive off of constant noise and chaos.
Not sure what part of Wash Heights you drove by but i don't see that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2017, 01:06 PM
 
4,911 posts, read 5,520,426 times
Reputation: 7131
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Not sure what part of Wash Heights you drove by but i don't see that.
I'd say anything from the 160's up to the 180's between Amsterdam and Broadway. The worst of what I described was in the 170's. I use to drive west on 175th and always ask myself....."do these people ever go home!?" It could be torrential downpour and I'd witness a group of people huddled in front of a building entrance just "hanging out!"

Now anything West of Bway going towards the river was not as bad and some areas were actually quite nice.

Last edited by louie0406; 05-12-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top