U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 AM

785 posts, read 345,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is such a simple fix: avoid the ghetto. If you choose to live in the ghetto, this is an inevitable issue you will face. Loud "music" is the #1 sign of ghetto behavior.

We recently had a ghetto family rent from one of the homeowners in our community. When the garbage started and the cars with out of state plates appeared, we warned the owner. He blew us off and called us racist. When the garbage increased, theft from cars happened, and loud music started, we fined the owner. He complained. When they stopped paying rent, he admitted we were right all along.

If it walks like a duck, it's a duck. If you can't admit that, you're probably a leftist who cries racism all the time.
So true. Too many people are afraid of being labeled a 'racist', so they'll do anything to ignore what's right in front of their face.

Anyway, I cannot wait to get out of this city. The way things are going, every thing that decreases quality of life and peace of mind, which you really need in a city like this, seems to be going away.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 01:30 AM

11,493 posts, read 5,574,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
So true. Too many people are afraid of being labeled a 'racist', so they'll do anything to ignore what's right in front of their face.

Anyway, I cannot wait to get out of this city. The way things are going, every thing that decreases quality of life and peace of mind, which you really need in a city like this, seems to be going away.

I can't wait for you to get out either!

Old 05-13-2017, 08:05 AM

20,169 posts, read 26,469,688 times
Good,

Storm Troopers do not belong in MY house. PERIOD!

Old 05-13-2017, 09:52 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,865,344 times
Quote:

Don't let the door hit that ass on the way out

Old 05-13-2017, 10:17 AM

849 posts, read 453,934 times
Quote:

Most people don't live in the ghetto by choice.

If everyone could afford to live in park slope or the upper west side, they'd go there. I certainly would.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:40 AM

7,908 posts, read 6,488,354 times
Plenty of non-ghetto living between Washington Heights and Park Slope. Those extremes aren't your only choices.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:09 PM

2,682 posts, read 3,578,414 times
Quote:
This is such a simple fix: avoid the ghetto. If you choose to live in the ghetto, this is an inevitable issue you will face. Loud "music" is the #1 sign of ghetto behavior.

We recently had a ghetto family rent from one of the homeowners in our community. When the garbage started and the cars with out of state plates appeared, we warned the owner. He blew us off and called us racist. When the garbage increased, theft from cars happened, and loud music started, we fined the owner. He complained. When they stopped paying rent, he admitted we were right all along.

If it walks like a duck, it's a duck. If you can't admit that, you're probably a leftist who cries racism all the time.
The problem is there are decent people who are just trying to get by, even in NYCHA. What DeBlasio and people on the far left don't understand is that the people most hurt by this are the working class/immigrants who have no better choices.

I will say this however: I do think officers shouldn't be allowed to enter the home without a warrant. If for anything, it will protect officers from the potential of getting jammed up over something stupid. My solution is to fine the heck out of people who do it, it'll generate money and will either cause people to stop the behavior or get forced out.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:15 PM

7,908 posts, read 6,488,354 times
I agree. It is always the good people of the ghetto who pay the most for the policies of those who protect criminals and degenerate behavior. It doesn't affect me, my loudest neighbors are the frogs in the woods. But we're the ones who speak up, which won't change a thing. Those good people need to stop voting for the politicians who pander to lowlives.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM

2,682 posts, read 3,578,414 times
Quote:
I agree. It is always the good people of the ghetto who pay the most for the policies of those who protect criminals and degenerate behavior. It doesn't affect me, my loudest neighbors are the frogs in the woods. But we're the ones who speak up, which won't change a thing. Those good people need to stop voting for the politicians who pander to lowlives.
The sad truth is most people in NY and elsewhere don't vote period. My other issue is too often political conservatives simply refuse to engage on a civic or social level to combat the liberal juggernaut. Rather than writing NYC or other areas of America as a "lost cause", more conservatives should speak out and bring a new vision to how things should be done. In many cases, it an issue of simply not knowing there is an alternative than truly agreeing with the status quo.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 PM

367 posts, read 409,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
I've complaint for loud music and they came the next day or never came so how is this any different? They don't even come for people getting beatup or robbed but they do come for a parked car in front of a fire hydrant...boom...
the NYPD is not a great organization anyway. I experienced exactly what you said above. rude people who don't give a **** about others, just load all the time.

some of it is poor building construction with no sound proofing. Today you have to have sound proofing. i won't live in bay ridge anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or