U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 03:45 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,413,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Dummy liberals like Deblasio wants to jack up the minimum wage sky high. This will only push for automation more & more. The paying consumer doesn't have to deal with surly attitudes anymore & long lines

I already seen McDonalds with automated ordering. All touch screen ordering & slide your CC. Just pick up at the counter. More people are using the Starbucks mobile ordering app. Come in & just pick it up.
Yep and try jacking the min wage some more and even the reheating and saucing bun process will be automated. It'll probably result in higher quality too as the special big Mac sauce will be spread more evenly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 04:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 3,125,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Warm customer service rep.? What have been you smoking? People are sick of dealing with rude service reps, which is why they refer robots. I tend to get nice people over the phone, but in the stores, a good portion of the workers are incredibly rude and too "busy" to be bothered, even though they're supposed to be at work assisting customers. I get where you're coming from about the lack of human interaction, but please don't paint this picture overall of workers being so helpful, at least not here in NYC. We have some of the worst customer service around.
After reading couple of your posts, I understand well why you feel that so many people are ride to you...your posts reveal a lot about you...

Old 05-15-2017, 10:32 PM

227 posts, read 79,441 times
Quote:
Warm customer service rep.? What have been you smoking? People are sick of dealing with rude service reps, which is why they refer robots. I tend to get nice people over the phone, but in the stores, a good portion of the workers are incredibly rude and too "busy" to be bothered, even though they're supposed to be at work assisting customers. I get where you're coming from about the lack of human interaction, but please don't paint this picture overall of workers being so helpful, at least not here in NYC. We have some of the worst customer service around.
What people are you referring to? You're painting a false equivalency - your experience is not everyone's. Case in point: on my trip back from JFK to Houston, I left my cell phone at the security gate. Not only did the flight attendant allow me off the plane but one of the TSA agents had brought my phone to the jetblue desk and that CS agent handed me my phone so I wouldn't have to run all the way back to security.

Customer service are people. And my experience has usually been when you treat them with kindness and respect, they reciprocate. You treat them like they're gum under your shoe, they'll treat you poorly... as they should. I'll take human interaction any day over robots.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:07 AM

4,841 posts, read 7,856,745 times
Too many dummies in NYC that don't know how to use machines but use them anyway. I get so annoyed whenever I'm at Stop & Shop and I'm stuck waiting because some dumbass doesn't know how to use the self scans. Seriously, get off the damn line and go to a cashier, and stop wasting everyones time. You know you don't know how to use a damn computer, so why bother?

Old 05-16-2017, 03:22 AM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
What people are you referring to? You're painting a false equivalency - your experience is not everyone's. Case in point: on my trip back from JFK to Houston, I left my cell phone at the security gate. Not only did the flight attendant allow me off the plane but one of the TSA agents had brought my phone to the jetblue desk and that CS agent handed me my phone so I wouldn't have to run all the way back to security.

Customer service are people. And my experience has usually been when you treat them with kindness and respect, they reciprocate. You treat them like they're gum under your shoe, they'll treat you poorly... as they should. I'll take human interaction any day over robots.
Who have we been referring to? You can prefer whatever you want. Reality is machines are here to stay. Am seeing automation all around.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Who have we been referring to? You can prefer whatever you want. Reality is machines are here to stay. Am seeing automation all around.
You're stating the obvious. Of course machines are here to stay. I thought that we are having a human vs machine debate.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:02 PM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
You're stating the obvious. Of course machines are here to stay. I thought that we are having a human vs machine debate.
So then what's the problem?

Old 05-16-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
So then what's the problem?
You're joking right?

My prior posts says it all!!!

Old 05-16-2017, 02:33 PM

738 posts, read 354,760 times
I prefer a human. It is a mistake to trust these damn machines too much.

I once had some boss drive in a complete circle cause she trusted her GPS instead of a paper map.

Computerized yuppie idiots should all crash their self driving cars.

Last edited by WildCardSteve1; 05-16-2017 at 02:44 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 AM

3,333 posts, read 3,280,911 times
Quote:
A do-nothing job says the fool who doesn't understand the poster's point about the danger of automation. So customer service is a do-nothing job? Who knew that there's a difference between jobs and do-nothing jobs in the customer service space. What the hell do you do that makes you superior to people working at the airport?
There's no "danger" of automation.

When a job can be automated but that is held back by legislation and/or politics, do you know what happens? Just look at the MTA. That's what happens. Plenty of do-nothing jobs with terrible customer service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or