U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM
 
30,332 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Reputation: 14005

Advertisements

Does anyone have recommendations of good Puerto Rican restaurants in Manhattan, Queens or Brooklyn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2017, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
7,846 posts, read 10,254,773 times
Reputation: 9176
Don Coqui in Astoria. Have been there a few times and its ALWAYS packed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 04:24 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
7,557 posts, read 2,691,767 times
Reputation: 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Don Coqui in Astoria. Have been there a few times and its ALWAYS packed.
Is that really a good representation though? Don Coqui is chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 04:36 PM
 
179 posts, read 233,720 times
Reputation: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Does anyone have recommendations of good Puerto Rican restaurants in Manhattan, Queens or Brooklyn?

Sazon or sofrito. Both owned by the same person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
7,846 posts, read 10,254,773 times
Reputation: 9176
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Is that really a good representation though? Don Coqui is chain.
I usually find when a restaurant is crowded to be a good sign. I didn't even know it was a chain. The food doesn't appear to be like a chain the way Applebees or TGIF's is.


All I know is that the food and drinks are really good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 05:00 PM
 
Location: New York, NY
7,557 posts, read 2,691,767 times
Reputation: 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I usually find when a restaurant is crowded to be a good sign. I didn't even know it was a chain. The food doesn't appear to be like a chain the way Applebees or TGIF's is.


All I know is that the food and drinks are really good
If the OP just wants decent food, then it may be fine, but whether it's authentic Puerto Rican food is another question. They also state they serve American cuisine, which I figured just looking at the menu. I have had home made Puerto Rican food, and I certainy don't recall having some of the things they've listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 PM
 
2,686 posts, read 963,998 times
Reputation: 5131
Casa Adela on Avenue C. A bit of a greasy spoon, but the food is the real thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 07:06 PM
 
2,921 posts, read 1,188,052 times
Reputation: 3252
If its still open, old san juan on 10ave and 50st, manhattan?

Or for a traditional authentic dominican cafeteria, margon on 46 st, lunchener sstyl, awesome food, but not open for dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2017, 07:07 PM
 
2,921 posts, read 1,188,052 times
Reputation: 3252
With the exception of hidden gems, most of the good PR food has moved to florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2017, 05:08 AM
 
30,332 posts, read 31,201,438 times
Reputation: 14005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
If the OP just wants decent food, then it may be fine, but whether it's authentic Puerto Rican food is another question. They also state they serve American cuisine, which I figured just looking at the menu. I have had home made Puerto Rican food, and I certainy don't recall having some of the things they've listed.
I am not really sure what real Puerto Rican food is but that is what I am interested in trying. Perhaps someone can also tell me what are some real Puerto Rican dishes that I might consider ordering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top