U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 08:47 AM

1,865 posts, read 508,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post

In America, there is a lot of opportunity to succeed; one simply has to have the right connections and kiss the right buttcheeks
Fixed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 08:52 AM

139 posts, read 39,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Fixed
Post how you feel under your own name. Do not change my words around and pretend that those are my views, because they are not.

Again, In America, there are opportunities to succeed; one simply has to be ambitious and driven.

Your life is what you make of it.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:40 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,251,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Here come the city data black people experts again
TROLOL

Epic

Old 04-15-2019, 02:57 PM

19,920 posts, read 13,113,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
So I happen to be from New York And was wondering possibly moving back their in the next couple years, how is the dating scene today with interracial couples? Black/White? Black/Hispanic? Ehite/Asian? Are people sticking with their own race nowadays or has interracial dating progressed in recent years? Do blacks still have it harder than most races to date interracial than whites? I am black so just was wondering if NYC is acceptable to other ethnic groups dating each other.
Apparently the situation is perfectly fine, but we thank you for your concerns.

https://therealdeal.com/2019/04/13/c...er-tim-malone/

Old 04-16-2019, 09:24 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,484,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Here come the city data black people experts again
LMAO

Old 04-23-2019, 04:59 PM

7,319 posts, read 5,792,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
An educated black man is seen as a threat..

To the contrary its the EDUCATED black man who is seen as the threat. Take it from an educated black man. You aren't black so this mightn't be something that you know much about.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImLivinLaVidaBroka View Post
Women in high COL areas should not expect to be paid for it's 2019 and Women are strong and independent. They can pay their own bills. That being said, being from a Caribbean background myself (generations ago) I do know we are not of the habit of showering Women with gifts, again due to cultural nuances and history. In general in Caribbean culture the Woman works just as hard as the Man albeit in a different capacity, unless the pursuer is rich. <<<<<<< DUDE ... U CHEAP

for every dollar that a Caribbean man earns a Caribbean women earns 95 cents so I suggest that this Caribbean female is a gold digger.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelias View Post
If you read my comment. I didn't say that black American women preferred white men over black American men but that they were in majority attracted to white men, this is different. When I was to USA many black women flirted with me. Black American women were far far more easy as an European guy than white American women

Funny this. 13% of married black American women with college degrees are with a non black man.

So where is this huge preference for white men? Maybe you populate places where a certain kind of female goes, but you cannot deduce from that what the rest do.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImLivinLaVidaBroka View Post
SLAVERY ?? What a joke. TRUE AFRICANS actually detest BLACK AMERICANS using the name AFRICAN-AMERICAN

and yet I never meet a Nigerian calling himself "African American". In fact they do NOT want to be called African American. They are Nigerian and their kids are Nigerian American.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's true, though changing. Some Africans see themselves as "superior" to African-Americans thinking oh they have been here and haven't progressed as much as they should have. Meanwhile they too struggle to make ends meet and then realize that it is not just because of education but racism and the structural system. Blacks are less likely to have that "network" where they will know someone in higher up positions to climb the financial ladder.

A sign of a black immigrant who has just arrived are the ones who look down on black Americans. The longer they are here the more they see the impact of institutional racism and implicit bias. Also they more they begin to realize that not all black Americans are ghettoized failures.

It begins when their kids with US accents go out into the world and are seen as no different from those whose ancestry extends to American slavery. And it also includes the fact that Africans face their own stigmatization basically for just being "African". Nigerians are more educated than Indian immigrants and yet their median household earnings are much lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or