U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:21 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,413,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
He was trolling with that comment...
But it's so true, I've seen a number myself. I even saw an East Asian dude on the 7 train with a exploding natural hair black chick. First thing on my mind was "Bronxguyanese"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 01:54 PM

179 posts, read 233,347 times
Quote:
He was trolling with that comment...
Smh yup I noticed

Old 05-18-2017, 04:45 PM

209 posts, read 126,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
But it's so true, I've seen a number myself. I even saw an East Asian dude on the 7 train with a exploding natural hair black chick. First thing on my mind was "Bronxguyanese"!
I think most are simply more likely to notice a black woman who is with a non black man, but these unions are very few and far between.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:26 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,554,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
So I happen to be from New York And was wondering possibly moving back their in the next couple years, how is the dating scene today with interracial couples? Black/White? Black/Hispanic? Ehite/Asian? Are people sticking with their own race nowadays or has interracial dating progressed in recent years? Do blacks still have it harder than most races to date interracial than whites? I am black so just was wondering if NYC is acceptable to other ethnic groups dating each other.
I see black men with all sorts of women in NYC ranging from higher and lower social class, depending on the neighborhood.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 AM

44 posts, read 69,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
et's hope every race And ethnic background will accept everyone including Arabs & Indians who are extremely strict on dating outside of their race.
I'm not sure how old you are, because while your views do apply to parents, they are so far from the truth when it comes to the younger generation. As a 31-year old Arab man who dates from all races, and mostly black women actually, I can tell you that your statement is blatantly wrong. A lot of other Arabs I know are the same.

Anyhow, good luck with your dating life. And remember, you are twice likely to be defeated when you think of yourself as an inferior.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,696,335 times
Quote:
I think most are simply more likely to notice a black woman who is with a non black man, but these unions are very few and far between.
As a white man married to a woman of color I am attuned to seeing these couples because I look for them. I've been seeing more and more lately. They've even turned up on the ad that plays on the Chase Bank ATM screen.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:37 PM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
As a white man married to a woman of color I am attuned to seeing these couples because I look for them. I've been seeing more and more lately. They've even turned up on the ad that plays on the Chase Bank ATM screen.
And why is that? Sounds like some sort of weird fetish or something.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:02 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
I had this discussion with many interracial couples here and they all say that everyone should try an interracial relationship and why limit their choices. I do agree but I still don't believe most NYers are open to interracial relationships. Majority are still fixated on their own race or limit to one other race to maintain social acceptance.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:35 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,062,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I had this discussion with many interracial couples here and they all say that everyone should try an interracial relationship and why limit their choices. I do agree but I still don't believe most NYers are open to interracial relationships. Majority are still fixated on their own race or limit to one other race to maintain social acceptance.
That's true. The culture differences really come into play as relationships get serious, especially when kids come along in my experience.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 PM

4,133 posts, read 5,940,379 times
I know dating is certainly different than marrying. But Pew came out yesterday with an interesting report on interracial marriage across the U.S.

Intermarriage in the U.S. 50 Years After Loving v. Virginia | Pew Research Center

Among their findings, which are national, not local:

Black men are twice as likely as black women to marry interracially

The biggest growth in intermarriages has been among African-Americans

Male or Female, Africa-Americans are still the least likely of any ethnic group to marry interracially

Asian women are far more likely than Asian men to marry interracially

Hispanics and Asian are the most likely of all ethnic groups to marry interracially (about 25% of newlyweds)

The single biggest combination is with one partner white and the other Hispanic

Intermarriage is most common in big metros

There's lots more stuff, plus a link to the full report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or