Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:08 PM

89 posts, read 214,337 times

Advertisements

So I happen to be from New York And was wondering possibly moving back their in the next couple years, how is the dating scene today with interracial couples? Black/White? Black/Hispanic? Ehite/Asian? Are people sticking with their own race nowadays or has interracial dating progressed in recent years? Do blacks still have it harder than most races to date interracial than whites? I am black so just was wondering if NYC is acceptable to other ethnic groups dating each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 PM

209 posts, read 218,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
So I happen to be from New York And was wondering possibly moving back their in the next couple years, how is the dating scene today with interracial couples? Black/White? Black/Hispanic? Ehite/Asian? Are people sticking with their own race nowadays or has interracial dating progressed in recent years? Do blacks still have it harder than most races to date interracial than whites? I am black so just was wondering if NYC is acceptable to other ethnic groups dating each other.
I will never understand why some black men have such a strong fascination with IR dating. It's all very strange.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:41 PM

I am not fascinated I was just asking what is it like the interracial dating in New York city from now to 2 decades ago....even the,90's more or less? That's all I want to know. Yes some black men truthfully do have it harder than whites. But the skin color really shouldn't matter given that it's the year 2017. 2050 let's hope every race And ethnic background will accept everyone including Arabs & Indians who are extremely strict on dating outside of their race. Some things really do have to end at some point. It won't always,last certain dating rules just because of your religion. If you love the person that is all that should matter IMO.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,181,029 times
Its fine, I date all races

Old 05-17-2017, 06:48 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,832,338 times
I find couples of all types and combinations (similar and not) GAF. But it does seem like half my neighborhood is the cliche breadknot white male / unattractive asian female IR couplehood. In other neighborhoods I do see more black male and attractive asian female couplings though. With gay men it mostly seems to be white and hispanic (white/black) of equal-ish attractiveness unless there's sugar daddy-ing going on.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 PM

209 posts, read 218,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouristExplorer281 View Post
I am not fascinated I was just asking what is it like the interracial dating in New York city from now to 2 decades ago....even the,90's more or less? That's all I want to know. Yes some black men truthfully do have it harder than whites. But the skin color really shouldn't matter given that it's the year 2017. 2050 let's hope every race And ethnic background will accept everyone including Arabs & Indians who are extremely strict on dating outside of their race. Some things really do have to end at some point. It won't always,last certain dating rules just because of your religion. If you love the person that is all that should matter IMO.
It's contradictory to state, "...skin color shouldn't matter," but then purposely seek out information on IR dating.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 PM

I think interracial dating will get better all around the U.S eventually so everyone will accept one another if they are a part of the LGBT Community or not, religion or race. New York city is a melting pot.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:04 PM

6,661 posts, read 5,927,860 times
Yeah like who cares. When I was a kid of 19, I wanted a certain type of man, and I got one of my dream men to marry me. Moral of the story- You pursue what you want and that's that. Quit lumping yourself with how other people of your race will do. It's like asking, "What are the chances that a 38 year old female like myself will pass this exam?" At the end of the day it matters how much effort I put in myself. (Btw, I'm not 38 - just an example)

Old 05-17-2017, 09:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,930,408 times
This is what I see. In the hood, thier is mainly Latina women and black men. You would never see a Latino with a black woman. In upper class liberal gentry areas. It's mainly white men Asian women, and white men with black women with that natural hair. In middle class areas, it's mainly white men and Latina women, and Latino men with white women. Interracial is cool.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-17-2017 at 10:17 PM..

Old 05-17-2017, 10:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,181,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is what I see. In the hood, thier is mainly Latina women and black men. You would never see a Latino with a black woman. In upper class liberal gentry areas. It's mainly white men Asian women, and white men with black women with that natural hair. In middle class areas, it's mainly white men and Latina women, and Latino men with white women. Interracial is cool.
You forgot Black men and white woman

And Asian men and white/black/latina woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City