Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 08:59 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times

Advertisements

I was just looking at this website, rethinkny.org. interesting idea and opens up the opportunity to relieve traffic congestion , and make it possible to avoid going to Manhattan to take a train. seems like a great way to avoid a sweaty train ride.

I dont like all the ideas they have, like adding so much parkland and eliminating some of the tracks at sunnyside, removing them buildings by Northern blvd, like the old factories. that will take away the character of queens, and those buildings should be land-marked and used for government services. we need to keep some industrial in queens, and add more jobs.

but the plan is appealing to me. if they set up a mega park and ride structure in sunnyside, build a platform over the area for Public Park Land Use only, deeded by law. Add a highway exit for access to the site, no commercial traffic. Basically a new Penn Station in Sunnyside. the potential for making history is right here with this project.

I dont think we should close Rikers Island either. We need a rough place like Rikers to hold the wild ones. we do need reform at Rikers, but dont close it. I dont look forward to laguardia having International flights. there is enough noise as it is.

To be able to link LIRR,NJTransit,Amtrak,Metro North, nyc transit system, all in one place is incredible. Getting to Laguardia from sunnyside would be possible at Shea Stadium , linking with an Airtrain to Lga.

Too bad all these transit systems did not design a standard measurements for rails and train size. it would have made this plan much easier, but lets see how this plan works out.

check out the site!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City