Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:23 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,498,140 times

Advertisements

Yeah, we all miss the past, but it's not coming back. I miss NYC, and the reason I'm not there is I can't afford housing. It's not the forum that changed, it's the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:29 PM

7 posts, read 9,169 times
Exactly.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
As someone who does apply to affordable housing I will admit there are way too many posts on it.
I don't mind the specific threads on specific buildings. Like if every lottery building has their own thread its fine. What gets redundant is all the separate, "I got an interview now what"", "how to I appeal", "can I move my bf in", "I make more than I use to", etc etc etc. They posters should do a search cause there are many many many threads that have discussed all issues dealing with affordable housing.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:53 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Apparently I joined on 06-06-2011. This forum is in a terrible state.

It's seemed to have turned into nothing but affordable housing threads. The quality of posts is terrible as well. Less and less long time regulars as well which has probably led to the decline. Not that aren't exceptions but it's sad to see. I remember a time when real issues concerning NYC were actually discussed and debated.
There are plenty non-housing related threads IMHO.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:45 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times
Yes agree too many affordable housing threads.

I miss the good ole days with threads about subway farting and street vomit.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:30 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I miss the 2007-08 era.
Yes.

Remember the Saturday night massacres during reign of terror under viralmd ?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:33 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Yes agree too many affordable housing threads.

I miss the good ole days with threads about subway farting and street vomit.

Speaking of, I ran into that "performing artist" the other day who wears a shirt that says poop, carries a sign that says farting and plays those same words on loop as he is walking on the street.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:33 AM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I wasn't blaming any Mods (this isn't a matter of good or bad), I was just commenting on the state of the forum.

No use in starting higher quality threads when there's no discussion to be had. That base of posters simply isn't here any longer.
Ok, so I guess this means /thread?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 AM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
As someone who does apply to affordable housing I will admit there are way too many posts on it.
I don't mind the specific threads on specific buildings. Like if every lottery building has their own thread its fine. What gets redundant is all the separate, "I got an interview now what"", "how to I appeal", "can I move my bf in", "I make more than I use to", etc etc etc. They posters should do a search cause there are many many many threads that have discussed all issues dealing with affordable housing.
This I can agree with. The specific buildings are cool, but all those side questions get crazy at times. Well this is the reality for most New Yorkers. We shouldn't be paying the highest costs for the most basic thing - shelter.....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-31-2017, 08:48 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Speaking of, I ran into that "performing artist" the other day who wears a shirt that says poop, carries a sign that says farting and plays those same words on loop as he is walking on the street.
Was it the same guy who dropped his bag of poo down that girl's underpants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: