Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:19 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
My advise to guys:

Focus on establishing your career.
Take care of your body. Be in the best shape possible.
Take care of your mental and emotional health.
Do yearly physicals exams and bi-annual dental clean-ups.
Do a heart exam every 2-5 years.
Create passive income
Travel internationally and domestically (you don't want to burn-out + you need to enjoy life)
Don't get into debt

Ladies have it easier than us dudes. So you better make sure that you are 100% ok.

I recently paid off my student loan so now i am ESI (earning - saving - investing). I am trying to get a side gig as a real estate salesperson as a friend has his own real estate brokerage company and would send me all the empty apts for his exclusive landlord. I am researching on other passive income sources. My goal is to semi-retire by 50 or so. I have no plans on having kids. I would not mind to settle down with a nice girl but she needs to be 100% sure that she doesn't want kids.

At the end of the day, happiness/fulfillment should be an internal source not external. If you believe by having a women that you are a man or will be happy you are doomed.....

Sugar baby says she’s ‘addicted’ to having sex for vacations | New York Post
Good advice, esp the point about having a secondary source of income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 03:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
My current generalization is these women are impossible, they are unapproachable, and regardless of how nice their bodies are their attitudes and beliefs are repulsive and totally beyond not worth it.

Can I get a witness? I am sore! New York City, can anyone back me up?
Well, NYC women tend to be smarter, more confident, more sophisticated, more discriminating, and more outspoken. I don't know what you imagine their "beliefs" to be, but perhaps you just can't measure up.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:33 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
If this is a general statement, that's not always true.

1. Don't even have a license.
2. You have me there.
3. I'm barely considered working class, but I have good financial knowledge, and excellent credit.

I am almost drowning with potential prospects. I'm not even in shape.
But I've been told by people I've talked to, it's my personality and charm.

Besides, I know a dude who has a car and living in a $1M condo with an excellent salary and women still don't want him. Dudes a douche, and not in the sexy kind of way that some people like. But he doesn't care. He has a car and lives in a $1M condo with an excellent salary.
I said to keep not smash n run also yes generalizing obv.

411 after a certain age no one really gives a **** how many you smashed and once you reach the deep end of your 30s people will wonder why you don't have a steady gf or not married. Not only women face that judgement but men do too. People are just more open criticizing women about this phenomenon but men in that age bracket deal with it too and it hits em when all their friends are marrying off or starting a family.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:45 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, NYC women tend to be smarter, more confident, more sophisticated, more discriminating, and more outspoken. I don't know what you imagine their "beliefs" to be, but perhaps you just can't measure up.
I wouldn't say smarter.
Speaking eloquently =/= smart.

They are still by large learning useless degrees majoring in no1 cares feminist women studies, the ever popular psychology, art, or some other major you never heard of. Many want to break into the fashion industry w.e. bottom line the transplants and natives here are more creative arts types which IS cool. Problem is New York doesn't favor that crap and we all dress in black very corporate cut-throat atmosphere with sharp elbows.

They should be in California where the art are more appreciated instead of being looked down on like over here.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I Would not say NY women are smarter. Accumulating 200k for a degree that earns 30k is not smart. On the flip side chasing after an Ivy leaguer grad who is out of your league, only offers sex but nothing else is even a far more dumb move, but ladies here love sharing men until someone catches an STD. I can say that women here are more confident, and have confidence with grace. Women here even not so pretty ones will do their darn best to put themselves up for the best capable person that they can find for sexual and emotional needs. Not for nothing, besides DC. I feel that NYC women are the most confident.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:23 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,306 times
I'll go out on a limb here- NYC is heaven for hookups, hell for relationships. Also- I think it's b.s. the way women are catcalled to in the streets. I've gotten into more than one fight over it. When someone treats you like a piece of steak, I can understand the resentment.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:43 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
The more attractive the woman in general, the less they have to use their thinking skills. You think Kim Kardashian is smart? Her money buys smarts to help her run the marketing business.

Her intelligence really shows when she flaunts her jewels on social media and end up getting robbed. Could've been worse and that's the difference between real smarts and people that depend on others for wit.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:07 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I'll go out on a limb here- NYC is heaven for hookups, hell for relationships.
Agree with this.

From a man's perspective there is an endless supply of attractive women here which makes this a great place for men looking to hook up.

Looks are not the most important thing I have found. Yes many women want the athletic super attractive stud. However, many will settle for the man that has a great conversation, decent income and some ambition.

I've seen some very average guys with some hot women. Not to say that a hot women equates to a great catch. However, in a city like NYC the chances of an average guy hooking up with a hot women are about as good as they get.

But as east bound mentioned, this also makes it difficult to find develop a genuine relationship.

Add to that the stress of living in a high cost of living city where everyone is packed in like sardines and you can easily see why so many people are single here. It's not by choice many times.

IMO there is no one city or state that singles can go to have the best chances of finding an ideal long term mate.

Best wishes to all the singles out there. The struggle is very real and in the world we live in establishing solid relationships is getting more and more difficult. I personally believe this is by design.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I'll go out on a limb here- NYC is heaven for hookups, hell for relationships. Also- I think it's b.s. the way women are catcalled to in the streets. I've gotten into more than one fight over it. When someone treats you like a piece of steak, I can understand the resentment.

Their is a book called dateonmics by Johnathan Berger. It is a good book and it explains the dating situation in NYC and DC, and it explains dating trends that we are seeing in black American community as well as the Jewish Community. Big problem is that women have become extremely selective with mating. Also women do not hook up with anyone, but hookup with a small pool of men who are getting endless supply of women. This has already have been documented already by such men as Paul Janka, Lucario, and Justin Wayne. Big problem is finding a long-term meaningful relationships which is the ultimate goal for ladies here. You cant expect a long-term relationship from a small pool of men of desirable men who are getting attention from all sorts of women. But at the same time, who wants a man that is not so attractive, does not live in an hip area, does not have a career, or education, but these men are willing to commit and work at it. Such situations as this is a hard pill for average NY woman to swallow. If I was a woman, I would settle my chances for going for a top guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The more attractive the woman in general, the less they have to use their thinking skills. You think Kim Kardashian is smart? Her money buys smarts to help her run the marketing business.

Her intelligence really shows when she flaunts her jewels on social media and end up getting robbed. Could've been worse and that's the difference between real smarts and people that depend on others for wit.
I tend to agree with this. I'm dealing with this right now with a woman I'm currently seeing. She is not smart, and is only about money. She is not so dumb and failed at community college. But she is real hot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Agree with this.

From a man's perspective there is an endless supply of attractive women here which makes this a great place for men looking to hook up.

Looks are not the most important thing I have found. Yes many women want the athletic super attractive stud. However, many will settle for the man that has a great conversation, decent income and some ambition.

I've seen some very average guys with some hot women. Not to say that a hot women equates to a great catch. However, in a city like NYC the chances of an average guy hooking up with a hot women are about as good as they get.

But as east bound mentioned, this also makes it difficult to find develop a genuine relationship.

Add to that the stress of living in a high cost of living city where everyone is packed in like sardines and you can easily see why so many people are single here. It's not by choice many times.

IMO there is no one city or state that singles can go to have the best chances of finding an ideal long term mate.

Best wishes to all the singles out there. The struggle is very real and in the world we live in establishing solid relationships is getting more and more difficult. I personally believe this is by design.
I really cant say NYC women are not that attractive in the looks department. Most women here are just average looking in my honest opinion. Only a small pool of women are unattractive here, to really super hot. The only place in America where I have seen hot women are only in Miami and in Las Vegas. I also forgot to mention LA. When the makeup comes off, the jeans comes off and the cellulite is exposed, these women in NYC are not all that in the looks department. Surprisngly, in these parts of the country that I mentioned , hot women have nice attitudes. The reason why NYC women are attractive to a some extent is that NYC women are well put together with makeup and the right clothing. But I do agree is if a guy is average looking, has his stuff together like good job, career and his own place. A guy like such can pull a hot woman at whim.

My advice for average men in NYC is try to be the best you can be. And as an average guy, you only have two options. One is to either be yourself and hope for a woman to like you the way you are. Or if that does not work. Hit the gym, wear fitted or expensive clothing, take care of your health, build up a career, try to find away to earn a passive income. If your into Transplant women, try and live in an hip area of the city, if your into Native NY women, try and obtain a luxury car. I hope this helps.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:59 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

I really cant say NYC women are not that attractive in the looks department. Most women here are just average looking in my honest opinion. Only a small pool of women are unattractive here, to really super hot. The only place in America where I have seen hot women are only in Miami and in Las Vegas. I also forgot to mention LA. When the makeup comes off, the jeans comes off and the cellulite is exposed, these women in NYC are not all that in the looks department. Surprisngly, in these parts of the country that I mentioned , hot women have nice attitudes. The reason why NYC women are attractive to a some extent is that NYC women are well put together with makeup and the right clothing. But I do agree is if a guy is average looking, has his stuff together like good job, career and his own place. A guy like such can pull a hot woman at whim.
I am more of a nice body guy than a pretty face so my needs are a bit different.

There is not a day that goes by where I don't see at least 5-10 women with great bodies.

Lots and lots of women that aren't necessarily dimes, but still very good looking and in great shape.

NYC is full of them.

I am also well traveled, so my experiences are a bit diverse. The women here tend to be much more natural than what I have experience other places.

The cosmetic Miami/Vegas look just doesn't do it for me. The more natural the better.

From my experiences relationships in every racial group have become a problem now. Not limited to afr. amer and jewish community. White men are choosing and have been choosing asian women over their own women for quite some time now. Asian women are doing the same. The feminist movement is a big reason why. White women are "choosing" to date interracially more now than ever. So are women in the latin community. Plenty of them choosing white and afr. american men even though they receive hell for it. So relationship woe's are not limited to a specific race of people.

Last edited by usamathman; 06-03-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City