Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 04:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,230 times

Advertisements

Just how severe is this?
Does this need to be disclosed?
Will this come up during background checks?
Will this jeopardize employment?

The fine was a yellow ticket, non-mugshot or fingerprint/handcuffs. It was given by the Transit Adjudication Bureau.

Has anyone had one of these and what do you know about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 05:15 PM

31,588 posts, read 26,430,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeokfeofk View Post
Just how severe is this?

The fine was a yellow ticket, non-mugshot or fingerprint/handcuffs. It was given by the Transit Adjudication Bureau.

It is a civil matter, not criminal. Does not give you a "rap sheet", need to be disclosed to employers, show up on background checks, etc... Just get the matter sorted.

Suppose depending upon level of employment applied for (FBI, high level security clearances, etc...) a fare evasion summons *MIGHT* matter, but that is another ball of wax.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:22 PM

3,672 posts, read 3,397,735 times
Quote:
Just how severe is this?

Just pay the fine and move on with life. No record.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,928,658 times
Quote:
Just how severe is this?

No. It will just show up on civil employment applications.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:03 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,101,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
No. It will just show up on civil employment applications.
What? Why should it show up on anything?

Old 06-04-2017, 09:46 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,928,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
What? Why should it show up on anything?
Not that it shows up, but you would have to report it to which ever agency is doing an investigation on you. Last year when I was doing Port Authority, Port Authority had me go to MTA TAB to see if I had any infractions. I had an infraction from MTA since I was 14 years old, but NYPD told me and my mom the charge has been thrown out. Flash forward some 16 years later, the infraction remained. I had to pay a nice infraction for something minor. Other agencies throughout the city also want candidates to go to TAB to get printouts of any infractions. As for private companies, this stuff from TAB do not matter.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:21 AM

5 posts, read 8,987 times
Quote:
Not that it shows up, but you would have to report it to which ever agency is doing an investigation on you. Last year when I was doing Port Authority, Port Authority had me go to MTA TAB to see if I had any infractions. I had an infraction from MTA since I was 14 years old, but NYPD told me and my mom the charge has been thrown out. Flash forward some 16 years later, the infraction remained. I had to pay a nice infraction for something minor. Other agencies throughout the city also want candidates to go to TAB to get printouts of any infractions. As for private companies, this stuff from TAB do not matter.
Hey bro. I'm also Guyanese lol. Btw, I'm guessing it didn't affect your employment? I got fare evasion a few days ago and paid it out. I'm interested in joining the MTA, will this be an issue or what?

Old 07-22-2019, 12:14 PM

137 posts, read 137,194 times
Quote:
I get why you would report to MTA but not sure it matters with other agencies. was snagged for fare evasion, paid the fine because the date for TAB was same day as hiring pool. Never disclosed to the agency that picked me up (mayoral agency) and due to the position had a full background check from DOI. So, in true MTA fashion despite paying they sent me a letter stating I hadn't paid (yada yada) and forwarded my case to a lawyer ... so either it showed up and the agency that hired me didn't care to ask about it or it didn't show up with a full civil service background check.

I don't believe a summon would be an issue for civil service employment if its not with MTA or some other transit related space like PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City