Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:37 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,595,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Leftist nonsense.
Look at the tax reforms that Trump, and every other Republican, proposes. They favor the wealthy, upper-income people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
They should just have single payer healthcare. In other words, medicare/medicaid for all.
Of course. We should have single payer healthcare like every other Western country (and some non-Western countries).

I agree it should be Medicaid for all. (Medicare is imperfect as well and quite expensive as it only covers 80% of medical expenses. People have to pay the other 20% out of pocket or else buy a supplemental plan which can costs hundreds of dollars a month per person).

Old 06-06-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Maspeth went Clinton. Maybe you meant Middle Village. There is also Howard Beach and Whitestone.
Sorry, I didn't know that Maspeth went for Clinton.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:47 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Of course. We should have single payer healthcare like every other Western country (and some non-Western countries).

I agree it should be Medicaid for all. (Medicare is imperfect as well and quite expensive as it only covers 80% of medical expenses. People have to pay the other 20% out of pocket or else buy a supplemental plan which can costs hundreds of dollars a month per person).
You mentioned earlier that the cost to middle class families went from $1500 to $400 overnight without being subsidized. That sounds like accounting fraud. Or maybe that's just government accounting.

Again, if medicaid and medicare are simply expanded to cover all, where are they hiding the risk? Are they offshoring it somewhere? Is Bernie's state of Vermont sheltering it as he does now for casualty reinsurance? Its gotta go somewhere. Or are they just going to stick the tab on whatever is left of the middle class when the insolvency is evident.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:06 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Look at the tax reforms that Trump, and every other Republican, proposes. They favor the wealthy, upper-income people.
Please provide examples.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:10 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
I mean, without seeing any bumper stickers, etc.?

Like, walk around a neighborhood for a couple of hours and feel like you can guess whether the neighborhood went for Trump or Clinton?
I can do it without even walking into a neighborhood. Just show it to me on a map, and tell me the demographics in regards to race. I would bet my accuracy would be 80% or better nationally.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:38 AM

38 posts, read 25,506 times
I mean, it's NYC, so I don't even have to bother.

Everybody voted for Hillary, especially the rich urban liberals.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
To win any election in this city. All you need to do is approach to ethnic groups. African Americans and Jews. Both populations have 7 figure populace and vote in large numbers. The black vote and Jew vote matters. If I was running for mayor, I'll be inside a Baptist church and synagogue all day for my campaigns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City