Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 05:40 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
I absolutely read it correctly.

your base income falls exactly within the limits of the requirements

So unless you earn ZERO commission at your job with your potential bonus, you are ineligible for this housing.

Bonuses aren't calculated any differently for the sake of taxes. Taxable Income from employment is income.
They may be true on individual paystubs/checks, but if they're earned during a calendar year, they're taxed in that same structure at years end.
Basically the OP is hoping to score an apparent before the bonus comes in cause he knows he actually makes more then what his salary is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 09:46 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbe88 View Post
You're still not understanding. If there's NO prior record of you earning a bonus, there's no way to forecast what your earning potential is out of the maximum pool.
I understand completely.

Since you haven't worked there long enough to make anything other than your base salary, it's not possible to say if you make income needed for the unit.

So I'd suggest that they require a 3 year aggregate at your current job.
... and if you don't have that length of service, then you aren't eligible for the lottery, since there isn't any accurate way to tell.

Or, they need to investigate year after year, and for years you get the bonus- you pay market rate?

Do any of these sound better to you?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:47 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,076,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Basically the OP is hoping to score an apparent before the bonus comes in cause he knows he actually makes more then what his salary is.
Animals.

Why don't we have a system where you can report suspected Income fraud like you can people who steal cable- for a small token of appreciation form the city?

Old 08-16-2017, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 712 times
Hello all I'm new to searching for mitchell-lama and have sent in for many applications I know it's a long road. I have a question my only income at this time is my disability check social security and pension . I'm no longer working and I don't pay taxes on disability what do I use as proof of income

Old 08-16-2017, 09:41 PM

994 posts, read 1,057,393 times
The OP,

I think the AMI bracket you are talking about being potentially "significantly" over matters here. If you are in 40% AMI and thats all this particular building has, then you are being pushed into a new bracket which makes you ineligible for this one and Im sorry, but having said that, still eligible for affordable housing; however, if you are talking about 140% (or whatever the highest is) AMI, then you can see how you are trying to game the system, right? thats not cool. If the latter is the case, be a decent human and go on streeteasy and find yourself an apartment.

If I missed where the AMI or building was mentioned, my apologies...

Old 08-17-2017, 08:29 AM

16 posts, read 20,537 times
what happens if you get one of these affordable apartments and then later on meet someone you want to move in with that would put you over the income limit? or get a raise? do you have to leave?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:36 AM

884 posts, read 1,373,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickbk View Post
what happens if you get one of these affordable apartments and then later on meet someone you want to move in with that would put you over the income limit? or get a raise? do you have to leave?
No, they won't kick you out but your rent will go up accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: