U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 12:18 PM

2,596 posts, read 2,112,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Sh** just got real. They just called. He has somethin for me, says the apt is BETTER than the the second one he showed me. Omw now. Wish me luck
Fingers crossed and Good luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 12:32 PM

4,487 posts, read 3,854,725 times
I’m walking away from it

Old 11-01-2017, 12:39 PM

907 posts, read 648,716 times
Quote:
Iím walking away from it

Any particular reason why? I remember when you told me to walk away from Brook, but as a whole it hasn't been so bad. It wasn't my first choice, but my only option at the time. it was moreso for me living alone and being independent, but if you already live alone, I understand not going for the first opportunity, and taking your time.

Are you just not feeling the nabe?

Old 11-01-2017, 12:45 PM

532 posts, read 530,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Any particular reason why? I remember when you told me to walk away from Brook, but as a whole it hasn't been so bad. It wasn't my first choice, but my only option at the time. it was moreso for me living alone and being independent, but if you already live alone, I understand not going for the first opportunity, and taking your time.

Are you just not feeling the nabe?
riverton is my only choice for moving out of my dad and actually moves to a decent apartment that's not going to ask me 1500 for nothing
but it's not my first choice
i haven't called for any of the apts i applied for since 2015 besides this one.
i'm sure Hell has many choices and also has CB as well
it's definitely different for some of us.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:07 PM

1,311 posts, read 583,526 times
Quote:
Iím walking away from it
Bummer, may I ask why?

Old 11-01-2017, 01:07 PM

907 posts, read 648,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
riverton is my only choice for moving out of my dad and actually moves to a decent apartment that's not going to ask me 1500 for nothing
but it's not my first choice
i haven't called for any of the apts i applied for since 2015 besides this one.
i'm sure Hell has many choices and also has CB as well
it's definitely different for some of us.

If that's the case, I'm not sure if you saw my other post about the appeal, but you definitely still have a shot at getting a place at Riverton. Just don't give up if you got this far. Unfortunately not every development follows the same rules / knows what they are doing for that matter, so you have to fight.

I would email you my actual appeal that I typed up with 605 West 42nd Street, if I still have it. You can view it as a mold since we were both declined for going "over income." I included a little back story, details about everything questioned, and stated my case in as neutral a tone as I could.

I'm looking through my work computer and don't see it, it's probably on my home computer. You can send me a PM if interested.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
If that's the case, I'm not sure if you saw my other post about the appeal, but you definitely still have a shot at getting a place at Riverton. Just don't give up if you got this far. Unfortunately not every development follows the same rules / knows what they are doing for that matter, so you have to fight.

I would email you my actual appeal that I typed up with 605 West 42nd Street, if I still have it. You can view it as a mold since we were both declined for going "over income." I included a little back story, details about everything questioned, and stated my case in as neutral a tone as I could.

I'm looking through my work computer and don't see it, it's probably on my home computer. You can send me a PM if interested.
Thanks Rade,
I already sent my info again and this time asked my work to give me a letter
now waiting for them to reply to me.
i'm crossing my fingers
i definitely hope i hear from others but doubt it

Old 11-01-2017, 01:38 PM

4,487 posts, read 3,854,725 times
So I get shown the 3rd apt and its a little better. I asked the guy, if he had a unit with a breakfast bar. He found one for me. BUT the apartment is on that Madison Ave traffic, faces the P’s, and looks into other apartments, and they can look directly into yours. Nope. No dice. This one has more modern appliances such as a double door GE refrigerator, but NO air conditioners or microwave. The 5th ave apt has a courtyard view so it’s quiet. The second apts, building, lobby & elevators and overall apartment modern and is better which is what I called to accept, but he gave it away. The Madison Ave one nope. Old school elevators, mailboxes. A staunch difference

Last edited by HellUpInHarlem; 11-01-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 11-01-2017, 01:57 PM

2,596 posts, read 2,112,580 times
Quote:
So I get shown the 3rd apt and its a little better. I asked the guy, if he had a unit with a breakfast bar. He found one for me. BUT the apartment is on that Madison Ave traffic, faces the Pís, and looks into other apartments, and they can look directly into yours. Nope. No dice. This one has more modern appliances such as a double door GE refrigerator, but NO air conditioners or microwave. The 5th ave apt has a courtyard view so itís quiet. The second apts, building, lobby & elevators and overall apartment modern and is better which is what I called to accept, but he gave it away. The Madison Ave one nope. Old school elevators, mailboxes. A staunch difference
The 5th avenue apartment sounds good with the courtyard and silence. What's wrong with that one?

Old 11-01-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
So I get shown the 3rd apt and its a little better. I asked the guy, if he had a unit with a breakfast bar. He found one for me. BUT the apartment is on that Madison Ave traffic, faces the Pís, and looks into other apartments, and they can look directly into yours. Nope. No dice. This one has more modern appliances such as a double door GE refrigerator, but NO air conditioners or microwave. The 5th ave apt has a courtyard view so itís quiet. The second apts, building, lobby & elevators and overall apartment modern and is better which is what I called to accept, but he gave it away. The Madison Ave one nope. Old school elevators, mailboxes. A staunch difference
thank you for the insight
if i get called
i want the 5th ave one. i won't be paying 1300+ for loud noice, looking at projects etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or