Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 11:07 AM

884 posts, read 1,372,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
I dont know how to upload pics on this site. this are the horrible pics I took. https://flic.kr/p/25pM8dh
They don't look horrible to me! lol love those floors! The apartments seem to look exactly like the pictures in the advertisements. So I should tell them I want the 5th avenue side buildings, right? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 AM

111 posts, read 207,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
They don't look horrible to me! lol love those floors! The apartments seem to look exactly like the pictures in the advertisements. So I should tell them I want the 5th avenue side buildings, right? lol
Definitely take the 5th avenue building.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:41 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeauVixen View Post
I dont know how to upload pics on this site. this are the horrible pics I took. https://flic.kr/p/25pM8dh
Congrats again
aaaaaaaaw sh** just got real... 2 bedrooms

Old 05-02-2018, 10:15 AM

Hi all! just a quick update....

I went in to see a manager at 10 AM. The management office is actually being rennovated so they're currently meeting in a 1 bdrm apartment in the same building. This was actually nice because I got to see an example of the layout of the units, even though I'm being considered for a 2 bdrm unit. I like the floors, kitchen has microwave, dishwasher, stainless steel fridge with double doors, the only thing is the corner 1 bdrm apartments have limited counter space (something to consider if you cook a lot).

He went through the check list of things I was suppose to provide, I had everything! The money order for the background check was $50, so be mindful as other developments have asked me for $25, not the case at Riverton. He said everything looked great with 1 caveat... miscellanious little deposits on my checking account statements. So I have to make a list of all the deposits on my bank statements that aren't my direct deposit from work with an explanation as to what it's for (ie. lunch with friends and they quickpayed me 1/2 the cost etc.) and have it notarized. So I am in the process of making that list now, I have until May 9th to submit it so they can continue processing my application. The manager also told me there's about 300 units vacant within the buildings in the development (I think it's 8 or 9 buildings in total) so if you haven't been called yet, there's a good chance they may reach you! I'll update again after I send in my list of deposits and hear back from management.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:36 PM

64 posts, read 84,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
Hi all! just a quick update....

I went in to see a manager at 10 AM. The management office is actually being rennovated so they're currently meeting in a 1 bdrm apartment in the same building. This was actually nice because I got to see an example of the layout of the units, even though I'm being considered for a 2 bdrm unit. I like the floors, kitchen has microwave, dishwasher, stainless steel fridge with double doors, the only thing is the corner 1 bdrm apartments have limited counter space (something to consider if you cook a lot).

He went through the check list of things I was suppose to provide, I had everything! The money order for the background check was $50, so be mindful as other developments have asked me for $25, not the case at Riverton. He said everything looked great with 1 caveat... miscellanious little deposits on my checking account statements. So I have to make a list of all the deposits on my bank statements that aren't my direct deposit from work with an explanation as to what it's for (ie. lunch with friends and they quickpayed me 1/2 the cost etc.) and have it notarized. So I am in the process of making that list now, I have until May 9th to submit it so they can continue processing my application. The manager also told me there's about 300 units vacant within the buildings in the development (I think it's 8 or 9 buildings in total) so if you haven't been called yet, there's a good chance they may reach you! I'll update again after I send in my list of deposits and hear back from management.

Wow, really. I got denied for over income, maybe I should reach out again. Would love to get in there!

Old 05-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT942 View Post
Wow, really. I got denied for over income, maybe I should reach out again. Would love to get in there!
Can't hurt to reach out and see what they tell you, but these 300 units are affordable income units so you'd have to have an income within the limits. Maybe ask them if there's any market rate units available.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:01 PM

111 posts, read 207,264 times
I lucked out with this building. with the 2017 income guideline i was way above the income limits for my apartment. Thankfully the 2018 income limits came out when i went in for my interview.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Just got a notification that my credit report was pulled by "on site manager". They pulled Experian. Not sure if this was for Riverton or the other development I'm being considered for because I believe they both use "on-site".
I'll update next week if I hear anything!

Old 05-16-2018, 10:45 AM

Minor update: (but not really lol) I called CMP to check on my application and see if they needed anything additionally. I was told I submitted everything necessary and they were just waiting to verify all the information I supplied. The agent said he'd see if he could get my file today to expedite the process but if he couldn't he'd definitely have an answer for me by Tuesday. So the waiting continues! If I dont hear from them by Tuesday next week, I'll call back next week Wednesday, seems so long from now! Anyone else have any updates?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:52 AM

15 posts, read 12,814 times
I got a email back in October 2017 , indicating to submit documents. I got denied- over income. I kept on appealing with Riverton until I exhausted my appeals. In March 2018, I got a final letter of denial outlining I should appeal to HPD. May 3rd 2018, HPD approved my appeal . Called Riveton square and was told my file was sent back to HPD for further review. As of today May 21st 2018, I was informed by HPD that if I haven’t heard from Riverton by the end of the week then I will have to write to HPD Compliant. In addition, I was told by Riveton square project manager: Lawris Brown that I need to wait because they have people in homeless shelter to take care of first. So basically you pay your taxes and maintain a good credit history and it means nothing. Hope to hear something soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery