U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 04:17 PM

1,721 posts, read 706,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Philando wasn't.

Trayvon wasn't shot by a cop so why does he always get mentioned other than intentional fake news?

And Tamir Rice was a horrible situation that played out exactly how it will nearly 100% of the time. You don't point a replica gun at a cop and not get shot unless you are very, very, lucky.

Any other examples you plan to use to justify this officer's killing?
I bought up Trayvon because he was also a victim of our justice system. He was also a victim of negative media portrayal, which young black men are always pictured as. People really ignore all the support Zimmerman received, the thousands of money he made off of Gofundme for killing an unarmed black kid.

Tamir rice did not point a replica gun at the officers. I don't understand how people can watch all of a 5 second video clip and think the cop that shot him was justified. It wasn't a suprise for me to find out that the cop was unqualified and fired from his previous job for that exact reason.

And what's alarming is philando Castillo was a cut and dry case but look what justice he received. Yet, only a small portion of America cares enough to be outspoken and demand change.

And if you think I'm am justifying a cop killing, your bias is showing. You can't separate one issue from another because of your own prejudices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
no, and they are 0.00001% of cases.

Yet somehow the media would make you believe they are 99.999% of the cases
And they still didn't get justice and somehow the media makes America think that's okay.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:23 PM

7,903 posts, read 6,481,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
And if you think I'm am justifying a cop killing, your bias is showing. You can't separate one issue from another because of your own prejudices.
I'm 100% biased and not ashamed of it. I choose the side of law and order every time. People who don't are the reason our society is in the toilet.

I'll never choose the side of a perp over a cop. Philando Castile and that guy in SC are different. Most others, cop 100%.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:23 PM

I am happy the victim received some sort of justice in the death of the piece of **** that killed her. A mother of twins gone way too soon.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I'm 100% biased and not ashamed of it. I choose the side of law and order every time. People who don't are the reason our society is in the toilet.

I'll never choose the side of a perp over a cop. Philando Castile and that guy in SC are different. Most others, cop 100%.
Hey and thats fine. You will sleep well at night and so will I. Cops are humans, humans all have faults. I know cops that shouldn't be cops, just like I know teachers that shouldn't be teachers etc etc. I personally believe giving a 0.0001% failure rate on cops is pretty generous. I mean it is a job that requires little to no education and low salary, but i digress.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:00 PM

Yeah, you're right. On track for $130,000 this year. Might as well be at McDonald's.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. On track for $130,000 this year. Might as well be at McDonald's.
I make more than that not risking my life everyday (shrugs)

Old 07-07-2017, 07:04 PM

Lots of people make more than that, but the vast majority don't even come remotely close, or have a tax-free pension and lifetime health benefits in their future, even in NYC. Add to that the fact that this leftist utopia only gives gun rights to cops, I'll take my chances. If I wasn't a cop here, I'd have to move, and I don't want to to move (yet) so...

Old 07-07-2017, 08:04 PM

3,514 posts, read 2,530,377 times
i don't think you'll ever move especially since you're from Staten island. You'll probably move to nj or the extreme to the poconos if you do.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:08 PM

Lol I've lived in 4 states besides NY and NJ. Only here for family and the career I started. I don't belong here. Poconos are Bronx-lite. I don't do ghetto.

It's either Maine or central/south PA for me when the time comes. While I'd love to go back to Colorado, I'd never move that far unless my kids came with me, even when they are grown. I don't play that millenial leave your family game.

Edit: NJ taxes our pensions. Only a fool would move from NY to NJ nowadays. In the past, when houses there were way cheaper, it was maybe worth it, but not anymore. And NJ's gun laws are arguably worse since I wouldn't be exempt like I am here. As much as I love the shore, I already have a vacation house there so full time is off the table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or