U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 07:20 AM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,867,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adopted View Post
I get as sick and tired of disrespectful and insensitive noisy people as anyone else, and when I come home, I want peace and quiet, especially when it's been a difficult day or I have to get up early the next morning. But Super Bowl, Fourth of July, Etc., and all the hurrahs and fireworks that come with them, are special occasions and long-standing traditions. What kind of world would it be if certain times to which we as a community or nation attach historical and personal significance cannot be recognized and enthusiastically--even loudly enjoyed and celebrated? Life is too hard and stressful not to be able to have some high-volume fun once in a while. Whether it is convenient or desirable for me to hear it on a particular Holiday, I have no intentions of complaining about fire crackers, cheering and even loud music and BBQs going on in honor of a special day or event. It's the ones who have no regard for others about blasting music, stomping and slamming things around overhead, yelling in the streets, and making an overall neighborhood nuissance of themselves at any and all hours as a regular routine for which I have no tolerance whatsoever. The rude indifference and failure to consider that they don't live here by themselves is incomprehensible to me, but at the same time, those who, no matter what the date, insist upon never ever being disturbed by anything other than crickets at night must realize that they don't live here by themselves either. If silence is that essential to your survival and peace of mind, then you probably shouldn't be living in a city.
I wasn't complaining. I was one of those up late making noise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 10:58 AM

117 posts, read 83,288 times
I'm a transplant who lives uptown. The only thing I complain about - and you best believe I will complain my a@#@#$@# off - is if you are my neighbor and play your music with a subwoofer. Subwoofers have no place in an apartment building. That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City