U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:34 PM

14,970 posts, read 16,548,069 times

Advertisements

If you can't make rent and they're not your friends, then they are generous to cover you even just once.

As for the one roommate covering the other 3 times, well they are friends and have loyalty to each other. It's none of your business if they want to help each other out more than you.

Don't take it harshly. It doesn't mean they hate you, but you have given them little reason to have loyalty to you to go above and beyond.

If they do cover you, make it up to them. When you pay them back (which you should do before buying anything fancier than Ramen), give them a little extra and say thank you. If they drink, take them out or at least buy them a bottle or a couple six packs of their favorite beer. Even as an introvert you can understand the basics of good and friendly social behavior and they might just think you are an upright dude and be friendlier to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 10:48 PM

19,161 posts, read 32,707,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswastedlife View Post
Anybody's justified to dislike me just because I'm shy? Ok...
I'm about to start charging for these whiny ass posts, dead serious. We are not your shrink! Grow a spine!

NYC's MoD

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-10-2017, 12:22 AM

18 posts, read 8,945 times
This is exactly why I never even considered having roommates. There is just way too much drama when it comes to living with other people.

OP, you sound like a really nice person. It's okay if you like to keep to yourself. There's nothing wrong with that; we're all different. I wouldn't worry about if they dislike you or not unless you're trying to build a friendship with them. Some roommates barely talk to one another.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:17 AM

2,266 posts, read 1,374,342 times
Syntax improvement - 'Are my roommates justified in disliking me?' Alt (Formal) '... in their dislike of me?'

Old 07-10-2017, 03:48 AM

1,219 posts, read 969,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm about to start charging for these whiny ass posts, dead serious. We are not your shrink! Grow a spine!

NYC's MoD
Lol.....

Old 07-10-2017, 03:51 AM

1,219 posts, read 969,677 times
OP why don't you just get your own studio apartment in the Bronx? They go for like $800/month.....

Old 07-10-2017, 06:02 PM

4,810 posts, read 1,360,040 times
Has it ever occurred to you to make good use of your roommate situation to practice spending more time interacting sociably? Giving in to your impulse to live this narrow, introverted life will only hamper you in the long run.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:03 PM

7,577 posts, read 2,695,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
OP why don't you just get your own studio apartment in the Bronx? They go for like $800/month.....
Am not sure why you are spewing such lies. Studios in the Bronx even in the worst areas are $1200 and above.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:58 PM

774 posts, read 720,779 times
I dunno why you think they dislike you. They seem willing to help you with the rent up to a point. I can't help but think this is a fake post that we've all fallen for. If they come through for you, I agree with the poster who suggested taking them both out for a drink or even a meal, when you have the funds. And this comes from a total introvert.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:15 PM

2,458 posts, read 1,812,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswastedlife View Post
Anybody's justified to dislike me just because I'm shy? Ok...
Don't pay attention to the people here, they're just having a bad day

I don't think your roommates care much about your introverted state - they only care about the rent being paid at the end of the month, period, end of story.

Trust me on that one, and good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City