U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:39 PM

343 posts, read 145,929 times

Advertisements

Twice I have seen a guy doing black chalk portrait drawings of subway riders on large white art paper, on the A or 1 train going uptown. Hes talented and probably went to some art college but he was noticeably high on drugs so I avoided him. People liked him and he would talk the whole time while drawing. Im always suspicious of subway entertainers who cultivate instant-trust amoungst a whole train cart of riders. People paid him cash for his work. Too bad he is high on drugs like that in public.

About dirty, you should visit Washingon Heights and bring us back a cleanliness report for Dominican restaurants. Ewwww gross. Zero hygiene. I mean negative ZERO hygeine..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 08:41 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,565,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
Twice I have seen a guy doing black chalk portrait drawings of subway riders on large white art paper, on the A or 1 train going uptown. Hes talented and probably went to some art college but he was noticeably high on drugs so I avoided him. People liked him and he would talk the whole time while drawing. Im always suspicious of subway entertainers who cultivate instant-trust amoungst a whole train cart of riders. People paid him cash for his work. Too bad he is high on drugs like that in public.

About dirty, you should visit Washingon Heights and bring us back a cleanliness report for Dominican restaurants. Ewwww gross. Zero hygiene.
So you don't go to Dominican restaurants, but somehow know they're dirty?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:55 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
So you don't go to Dominican restaurants, but somehow know they're dirty?
Last time I was in Washington Heights I went to an excellent Dominican restaurant. I think he just doesn't like Dominicans.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:08 PM

1,219 posts, read 970,272 times
The south Bronx is filthy...
If you want to see dirty walk around 149th and 3rd....

Old 07-11-2017, 09:21 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,292,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post

About dirty, you should visit Washingon Heights and bring us back a cleanliness report for Dominican restaurants. Ewwww gross. Zero hygiene. I mean negative ZERO hygeine..

Yep. That was him

Old 07-11-2017, 09:40 PM

7,129 posts, read 5,504,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
I'm very protective of her and it was some annoying people on the train that kept bothering people because they wanted to draw pictures of them for a fee.
I've never ever seen that in decades of riding the subway, that's just wacky. That's the problem with tourists they don't have a good street sense of who not to engage in any sort of conversation or eye contact with.

One scam that I haven't seen in a while is the broken bottle/eyeglasses hustle. Guy intentionally bumps you and drops his glasses or bottle of (cheap ass) wine and says you broke it and demands payment / gets upset & aggressive. That's really too bad because I love to get into it with those f***heads and make a big scene until the cops show up and they take off running

Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,565,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Last time I was in Washington Heights I went to an excellent Dominican restaurant. I think he just doesn't like Dominicans.
Oh and he always talks about Dominicans eating unhealthy food or whatever. But I see Dominican chucks with slammin bodies all the time, maybe he's just mad that he can't get any action in NY.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:18 AM

334 posts, read 294,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Nyc has one of the lowest crime rates in the country for a city with a population of 8 million. If you can't handle someone coming up to you to sell something, please don't ever go shopping. All you have to say is no thank you and move right along.
Yes, thankfully, your crime rate, for a big city, is very low, especially compared to ChiRAQ (Chicago). But that's in despite of your terrible laws against law abiding citizens being able to defend themselves and your anti-police mayor. But that's another discussion.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:19 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Oh and he always talks about Dominicans eating unhealthy food or whatever. But I see Dominican chucks with slammin bodies all the time, maybe he's just mad that he can't get any action in NY.
Yeah possibly. I love Dominican girls.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:21 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
Yes, thankfully, your crime rate, for a big city, is very low, especially compared to ChiRAQ (Chicago). But that's in despite of your terrible laws against law abiding citizens being able to defend themselves and your anti-police mayor. But that's another discussion.
And where do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or