Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:10 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,681 times

Advertisements

Just because some rats might give the mayor 'the middle claw', does that mean he shouldn't try.....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 09:48 PM

343 posts, read 254,467 times
In Washington Heights every trash can is over flowing. Also every can is picked through by can collectors so the people are a total mess too, not just the rodents. The people (probably from the disgusting restaurants here), like to throw rice and food all over the ground for the pigeons which is totally stupid. People also like leaving piles of rice on window sills I guess for pigeons and mice. Some people are so lazy they just throw their garbage out of their windows of the buildings so it sticks to other peoples AC units, and nobody cleans it up so its there for years.

Honestly rats are cleaner then most people in the heights.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:59 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Let some cats loose. Watch the rats disappear.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of the $32 million is going to be stolen via bull**** city contracts.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
What if the rats win?

Old 07-13-2017, 07:38 AM

375 posts, read 323,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Let some cats loose. Watch the rats disappear.
I'll tell you something....I moved to an area in Brooklyn that borders 3 areas (Bensonhurst/Bath Beach/Gravesend) and the first thing I noticed when I moved in was, Holy S**t, there are A LOT of cats in this area!! But I don't care because I have not seen 1 rat ever for the past 2+ years living here!

Old 07-13-2017, 08:38 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
What if the rats win?
We'll get a whole bunch of new subways.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Mayor "rat" should be the first one to rid of imo.

$32 million = nothing verses the real rat population as imo it would take many years just to get the numbers under control.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am thinking Far Rockaway isn't much better in that regard...
In terms of rats? You don't have to believe me, but I don't have a rat problem in my area. At least not as bad as Manhattan anyway. I can count the times on one hand I've seen a rat in these streets in my whole life. Manhattan I see them every day. What do I know, I just live here. You're the expert on my neighborhood.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-13-2017, 09:29 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
In terms of rats? You don't have to believe me, but I don't have a rat problem in my area. At least not as bad as Manhattan anyway. I can count the times on one hand I've seen a rat in these streets in my whole life. Manhattan I see them every day. What do I know, I just live here. You're the expert on my neighborhood.
Point is just because you don't live in Manhattan doesn't mean you're free of rats. Just ask the people in the Bronx along the Concourse. Am sure they are some around, especially with PJ's nearby. The way the staff leaves garbage all out on the street and sidewalk... Would be *shocked* if they didn't draw rats. All it takes is high density and poor garbage disposal... Not something your neighborhood is so immune to, but what do I know? I guess your neighborhood is a special case because the streets are oh so clean. You even admit to living across the street from PJ's and we both know how people from PJs are said to throw their trash out of the window, etc.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:58 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Point is just because you don't live in Manhattan doesn't mean you're free of rats. Just ask the people in the Bronx along the Concourse. Am sure they are some around, especially with PJ's nearby. The way the staff leaves garbage all out on the street and sidewalk... Would be *shocked* if they didn't draw rats. All it takes is high density and poor garbage disposal... Not something your neighborhood is so immune to, but what do I know? I guess your neighborhood is a special case because the streets are oh so clean. You even admit to living across the street from PJ's and we both know how people from PJs are said to throw their trash out of the window, etc.
Yeah but not living in certain areas of the city minimizes my chances of seeing them. There are certain areas of the city that the Health Department has deemed "rat reservoirs." Queens is the only borough that does not have one. Obviously some neighborhoods are more problematic than others. At least I can admit to where I live, you can't even disclose that on the board. Why do you even bother posting sometimes, I don't know. Most of what you speak about is crap you read about on the Internet. You don't hang in the PJs, you don't know anybody that lives there so you don't visit any PJs, but you know oh so much. Go feed your crap to somebody else that's hungry. Unless you want to disclose your source of credibility, don't bother posting about it. I back up what I speak about and you can't. Tribeca where I work is one of the most expensive neighborhoods to live in in the city, but its actually a rat reservoir. Oh the irony. No public housing in Tribeca last I checked. I'm in Tribeca every weekday too so let's see how much you want to discount me on that. Everything I speak about on this board, I actually know from experience. Go read Village Voice or something.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City