U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 07:42 AM

19,394 posts, read 32,909,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Parkchester (my residence) does not have a rat problem!

Columbus Park, Manhattan (my place of work): Well........!
Columbus Park is the epicenter!!!!!!!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 07:43 AM

19,394 posts, read 32,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Seven G's for a trash can? Well that takes a load off my mind. Know now where a good part of that $32 million is going.

EV Grieve: City ready to attack rats in Tompkins Square Park (and elsewhere) (again)

I'll say it again, some people are stuffing themselves.
So what's the cheaper alternative?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-15-2017, 10:23 PM

71 posts, read 46,394 times
I just came back from a recent trip to Haarlem and i was in shock for the amount of trash in the city. For all the glamor and glitz they make it up to be you would think that it would be cleaner. My theory is that you have different ethnic groups with different values all scrunched into an area with different values and lifestyles. They make think, "I can live the same way I did on the island or in the city," therefore they bring their same habits with them, that goes for ALL peoples white, black, brown, yellow, pink and purple.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 PM

23,314 posts, read 16,195,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstarr View Post
I just came back from a recent trip to Haarlem and i was in shock for the amount of trash in the city. For all the glamor and glitz they make it up to be you would think that it would be cleaner. My theory is that you have different ethnic groups with different values all scrunched into an area with different values and lifestyles. They make think, "I can live the same way I did on the island or in the city," therefore they bring their same habits with them, that goes for ALL peoples white, black, brown, yellow, pink and purple.
Garbage is put out in the curb because how else do expect the sanitation department to get it. The sanitation and health departments regulate basic sanitation regardless of national origin.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:47 PM

7,606 posts, read 2,751,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Garbage is put out in the curb because how else do expect the sanitation department to get it. The sanitation and health departments regulate basic sanitation regardless of national origin.
Putting garbage to the curb is an @zz backwards way of doing things. Go to other places and they collect trash in a much more efficient, cleaner manner.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
How is that trolling? Can you describe why so many people here get called a troll? It just means they say something you disagree with.
Am here to tell you that's what it means.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:27 PM

23,314 posts, read 16,195,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Putting garbage to the curb is an @zz backwards way of doing things. Go to other places and they collect trash in a much more efficient, cleaner manner.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Can roll your eyes if you wish or whatever, but that is the truth. Would've thought an Ivy League grad would know that.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:11 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,329,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Such as?

Old 07-16-2017, 01:33 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,259,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Let some cats loose. Watch the rats disappear.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of the $32 million is going to be stolen via bull**** city contracts.
Don't agree with letting cats loose because a feral cat problem brings its own issues. Reminds me of the Simpsons:

Skinner: Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.
Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?
Skinner: No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.
Lisa: But aren't the snakes even worse?
Skinner: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.
Lisa: But then we're stuck with gorillas!
Skinner: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

That said, it is ridiculous that the city will fine a bodega owner if they find rat feces, but then fine the bodega owner the same amount if they see a bodega cat. THAT is where we need cats. But not running around outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City