U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 02:20 PM

276 posts, read 166,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Social justice warriors.
Thank you

Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 PM

24,060 posts, read 17,462,541 times
Quote:
To be honest, you are right. I did say a stereotype. And Stereotypes can be a bit offensive. We all have learned that due to what Jay Z said about your peoples in his latest album. Stereotypes can be misleading, but none of the less, it is mostly true. Again I'm sorry. However, instead of using control, I tend to use the moniker "Influence". And Jews do wield plenty of influence in NYC real estate. My Previous boss who is Jewish even said that NYS and NYC real estate laws are designed for Jews only. But overall, I highly doubt such buildings bar Jews from owning a co-op, especially since plenty of the wealthy comprises of Jews in NYC, which therefore have the money to buy into properties, same for any other race or ethnic group. ADL would have a field day with the Co-op board and management company.

Thanks Pierrepont. People don't know that Jews wield plenty of influence in many industries throughout NYC and this nation. Folks cant be upset, Jews work, work hard, believe in family and education, save money and spend within their own community. Thus getting a job in high places, or a profession of esteem like doctor or lawyer.
Just because a Jewish person says something does not make it true.

NYC real estate laws are not for Jews only and you cannot pass laws for one group only in America. Also non Jewish white people would never tolerate this, nor would none whites,

With that said today if some co-op board denied someone because of their race or religion one could get a private lawyer and sue provided there is evidence.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
It's because of outrage exhaust, it doesnt mean Trump is any more popular.

Trump does so many dumb things that it's just business as usual. But if he does something severe such as the travel ban, there will be a lot of noise from the left.

If Trumpcare passes, believe me that the left will not be quiet.
Trump is not the first white Republican president nor will he be the last.

The travel ban is just standard stuff Republican politicians say to get votes, but the party always finds a way not to deliver.

It's business as usual and Trump may get reelected.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
To be honest, you are right. I did say a stereotype. And Stereotypes can be a bit offensive. We all have learned that due to what Jay Z said about your peoples in his latest album. Stereotypes can be misleading, but none of the less, it is mostly true. Again I'm sorry. However, instead of using control, I tend to use the moniker "Influence". And Jews do wield plenty of influence in NYC real estate. My Previous boss who is Jewish even said that NYS and NYC real estate laws are designed for Jews only. But overall, I highly doubt such buildings bar Jews from owning a co-op, especially since plenty of the wealthy comprises of Jews in NYC, which therefore have the money to buy into properties, same for any other race or ethnic group. ADL would have a field day with the Co-op board and management company.

Thanks Pierrepont. People don't know that Jews wield plenty of influence in many industries throughout NYC and this nation. Folks cant be upset, Jews work, work hard, believe in family and education, save money and spend within their own community. Thus getting a job in high places, or a profession of esteem like doctor or lawyer.
I think the problem is you keep saying Jews like they are the borg. Shosanarose is a social worker and here you are telling her all Jews are rich when she's a social worker. She isn't the only Jewish social worker,k-12 teacher, or other comparatively low paid jobs. One can even find Jewish people working in small businesses for little money. Shosanarose had even talked about lot of Hasidic on welfare. I think it is offensifor you to paint them all with one broad brush and too constantly bring up Jews when the media, real estate, or Wall Strest are mentioned. None of those things have anything to do with Shosanarose.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:07 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,148,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Anti-Semitic much? Or irrational much?
What?

Old 07-14-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am in agreement (partially). The Jews have historically been shut out of certain areas. This is less of an issue these days but still exists. Am also here to tell you that Jews on the Upper East Side are *not* an anomaly. They may not be in certain buildings in high numbers but there are plenty of them in the neighborhood overall. Sometimes wonder if I'm in Riverdale on Saturdays seeing so many Jews during Shabbat or whatever. Can also tell you there are a large number of Jewish landlords in NY, so am not sure why you're so offended by that comment. It's a good business to be in. Jews *DO* play a large role in NY real estate and have now for years.

Am thinking it's neither. Bronxguyanese is partially correct. Shoshanarose is just oversensitive.
It is typical anti-Semitic language to say that Jews "control" this or that.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Just because a Jewish person says something does not make it true.

NYC real estate laws are not for Jews only and you cannot pass laws for one group only in America. Also non Jewish white people would never tolerate this, nor would none whites,

With that said today if some co-op board denied someone because of their race or religion one could get a private lawyer and sue provided there is evidence.
Coop boards are allowed to deny/not approve someone and don't have to give a reason.
You do that math.
People get denied for race and religion all the time in reality.
It's just hard to prove, so hard to sue.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I think the problem is you keep saying Jews like they are the borg. Shosanarose is a social worker and here you are telling her all Jews are rich when she's a social worker. She isn't the only Jewish social worker,k-12 teacher, or other comparatively low paid jobs. One can even find Jewish people working in small businesses for little money. Shosanarose had even talked about lot of Hasidic on welfare. I think it is offensifor you to paint them all with one broad brush and too constantly bring up Jews when the media, real estate, or Wall Strest are mentioned. None of those things have anything to do with Shosanarose.
Hey, thanks!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 PM

8,116 posts, read 3,425,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
It is typical anti-Semitic language to say that Jews "control" this or that.
Can tell you that by *control*, meaning having a great influence in such an industry. Can say it's true. Not all Jews of course, but many invest in real estate and turn great profits.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Can tell you that by *control*, meaning having a great influence in such an industry. Can say it's true. Not all Jews of course, but many invest in real estate and turn great profits.
Okay. Jewish-Americans have a very high rate of college education. The vast majority of Jewish-Americans are college-educated.
As a result, Jews in America are over-represented in almost ALL the professions.

So, one could say that Jews have a great influence in:

medicine
law (3 on the Supreme Court)
academia
journalism
teaching
social work
psychology
writing
art
music
pop culture
acting
real estate
banking
engineering

Get the idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or