U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 06:44 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,792,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Compared to where? Mill Basin and Bergen Beach?
Similar crime rates.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:44 PM

9,871 posts, read 7,676,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
What's a comparable white neighborhood to those neighborhood? For that matter, what is crime?

You yourself smoke marijuana recreationally. That is ILLEGAL in NYS. You're buying it illegally and consuming it illegally.

Saying there's more crime in Black neighborhoods is a very simple minded (and I do mean simple as in low IQ) of saying Black people are "bad". But these small words for for little children and special ed cases.

Back to you Mr. hypocrite, you clearly aren't worried about people following the law all the time since you break it all the time.

I think there should be a get together of forum conservatives. I would love to see G-Dale smoking a blunt in front of Airborneguy. Airborneguy, would you arrest any of your fellow conservatives like G-Dale if they recreationally used a banned substance in your presence?
I never said Black people are bad by any means. Just pointing out the obvious that Black neighborhoods have higher crime rates than White neighborhoods.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:45 PM

23,247 posts, read 16,049,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I absolutely agree with this.
There is an undercurrent in some white working- and middle-class neighborhoods that is very unhealthy.
Some families are riddled with alcohol and substance abuse.
More than you will find in any black or Hispanic family.
You see that in how hateful some of the posters are on this thread. If someone's support network is this awful, when they go through hard times it's pretty easy to see why they might see an overdose as a way out. The constant drug and alcohol use is there to relieve utter misery and self imposed hopelessness.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:45 PM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Not true.
Brooklyn also has low crime black neighborhoods: East Flatbush, Flatlands, and Canarsie.
Quote:
Alcohol has destroyed more lives than all drugs put together.

Black people use alcohol at lower rates than white people, on average.

Black and white people use drugs at identical rates.
Again with the assumptions. Cannot stop with the subtle references to Woodlawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Compared to where? Mill Basin and Bergen Beach?
Am wondering the same thing. East Flatbush is the *last* place I would think of calling safe. *LOTS* of gun violence.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:46 PM

7,548 posts, read 2,685,297 times
Quote:
Similar crime rates.
*LOL* Am here to tell you Bellevue is looking for you.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
"At least 107 people died from overdoses in the borough last year, the highest number on record and a 35 percent increase from 2015, according to Oddo and the Department of Health. Officials expect the number to climb as high as 119 when the final data gets released later this year."

The great white Staten Island, look at the overdoses. It's getting worse than ever.
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...s-rehab-heroin

So things can't be that good if essentially people are committing suicide.
I am acquainted with people from all over New York City, black, white, from all ethnicities.

There are drug and crime problems in some very poor black neighborhoods, true.

But in white working- and middle-class neighborhoods I find there is a thin veneer of functionality that is easily seen through if you look very hard - and if you do look you will see TONS of alcoholism (far more than in any black neighborhood), prescription drug use (leading to heroin use eventually), cocaine use, domestic violence, etc.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
*LOL* Am here to tell you Bellevue is looking for you.
What?
There are similar crime rates in middle class black neighborhoods and middle class white neighborhoods. Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Again with the assumptions. Cannot stop with the subtle references to Woodlawn.

It's not just Woodlawn.
And it's not just Irish people.
The statistics show that white Americans in general use alcohol more than black Americans.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Am wondering the same thing. East Flatbush is the *last* place I would think of calling safe. *LOTS* of gun violence.
Look at the crime map. East Flatbush is green.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
You see that in how hateful some of the posters are on this thread. If someone's support network is this awful, when they go through hard times it's pretty easy to see why they might see an overdose as a way out. The constant drug and alcohol use is there to relieve utter misery and self imposed hopelessness.
Exactly.
There is a - for lack of a better word - "low class-ness" that you will actually see less in a black or Hispanic neighborhood, where people will often greet you with "Have a blessed day" and courtesy and kindness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or