Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:34 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,834,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
"Progressive" encompasses many viewpoints that aren't related to race. Are you saying there's a potential hypocrisy between progressive's views on race and their behavior (identified in the 3 examples you gave)? Are you the only human who has never behaved hypocritically?
True. Progressives pushed for things such as free state college, expanded medical care, etc that benefit people regardless of race.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:36 AM

18,863 posts, read 13,752,385 times
One 100% truth is that progressivism/leftism/modern liberalism will always lead to hypocrisy on the part of its adherents. It's impossible to ascribe to that belief system without at some point running afoul of its many rules. This stems from its inherent incompatibility with reality.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:37 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,295,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
I wont get involved here except to say that there is no 100% of anything anywhere in the world. I think, for all intent and purposes, the original poster meant within a margin of error which makes, as near as makes no difference, an "all white" neighborhood; to that point, there are a lot of "all white" neighborhoods in NYC
Except the OP's point doesn't make sense if he or she acknowledges that there are minorities in the areas. The OP instead would have to claim that a person is racially tolerant or inclusive only if they live in a neighborhood that has a percentage of minorities that is above some arbitrary threshold.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:39 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,295,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
One 100% truth is that progressivism/leftism/modern liberalism will always lead to hypocrisy on the part of its adherents. It's impossible to ascribe to that belief system without at some point running afoul of its many rules. This stems from its inherent incompatibility with reality.
We are flawed humans. It's impossible to subscribe to any belief system without being hypocritical.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:41 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,254,595 times
Once upon a time a liberal was thought of as someone that wanted to be free of government control. Today they embrace it. Makes no sense to me. They just want to feed the hand that abuses them.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:01 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,569,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
But they are more than willing to fund it for the quick profits, not realizing the damage they are doing to those that will work in these industries in the future. They are short sited.
I think you mean short-sighted.

(I'm not surprised that you made a spelling error, frankly. Why is it that people with conservative views tend to be more ignorant in general?)

Old 07-13-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
NYC is a fairly liberal city and is the capitol of the SJW. Vast majority of these SJW are fake white liberals, and black face white liberals. Both groups are two faced, classist and closet racist. Even though great strides have been made in the NYS professional sphere from blue collar, to white collar and every thing in between. Undertones, favoritism, and nepotism exist in the work place. You might see one or two minorities in upper management, but most of upper management is white.

It does not matter what race they are, the liberal progressive sjw speak the same narrative and are their to protect white liberalism which to a certain degree seems to work for a select few people.
What is "SJW"?

Old 07-13-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
We all know who I'm referring too.

I'll start with a few examples for ****s and giggles.

-"Progressive" but live in all white neighborhoods.

-"Progressive" but threaten WW3 if their schools are slated for rezoning/ integration.

-"Progressive" but most of their friends are white but hey, they have a black/Hispanic friend who just so happens to serve them coffee every morning.
I do agree with much of this, I have to say (not all of it.)

Lots of "progressives" LOVE their all-white neighborhoods. They choose them, but then pout about how they are "not diverse". (So why didn't they move to the many diverse neighborhoods in the city?)

I also see a lot of this nasty activism on the part of progressives in white neighborhoods when things like a homeless shelter is scheduled to be built in their neighborhood, or a school will be rezoned, more integrated, etc. In the end, it is all about money for most people (their property values, etc.)

And yes, for SURE, most white progressives have all/mostly white friends.

There is definitely hypocrisy among progressives.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:12 AM

25,343 posts, read 36,870,490 times
How about the all-white racist, reactionary, bigot class? Why leave them out of the discussion? Some of THEM claim to know a black person who doesn't change his oil.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:13 AM

12,742 posts, read 8,179,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
Except the OP's point doesn't make sense if he or she acknowledges that there are minorities in the areas. The OP instead would have to claim that a person is racially tolerant or inclusive only if they live in a neighborhood that has a percentage of minorities that is above some arbitrary threshold.
Are you trying to say that because a neighborhood has minorities that means there isn't racism? Racism continues to become more hidden each day. It's subtle and the people that do it still want to exert themselves as putting *those people* in their place or whatever, but don't want to be labeled as racists. Racism is taboo these days. You're racist man? *NOT* cool.

You also have racist minorities too. Anyone remember *Dominican Mike* who went around Staten Island targeting black people when Obama won the election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City