U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:15 PM

7,604 posts, read 2,738,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
yikes, the placebo effect is in full force I see

You do realize that you're supposed to wash your fruits and vegetables, right?

And not for nothing the pesticide levels aren't as high in farming as they used to be. And back to the bigger picture we're talking insignificant trace amounts that pale in comparison to other environmental pollutants you can't avoid
Yes, with water, nothing else. That is not going to wash off all of the crap they put on fruit. Just not going to happen. How do you know what the levels are? You only know what you are told. Am here to tell you, the food industry doesn't give a damn about you me or anyone else. All they care about is profit. Am a big believer in the idea that, if anything, companies are pumping the food with more garbage now more than ever before, otherwise difficult to explain how processed food is so *cheap* these days. Watched by a McDonald's yet again. Just about everyone coming out of the place was overweight. Chemicals aside, portion sizes and sedimentary lifestyles are a big part of the problem, but am not going to rule out chemicals in food not adding to it. Again, do not believe that humans were made to ingest large amounts of processed food. Am thinking it takes *A LOT* longer to break down these chemicals and get rid of them. Am not going off of any studies. Am only using myself as an example, how I feel when eating organic food versus when eating highly processed food. Have noticed that headaches are almost *instantaneous* when eating something highly processed or with preservatives or whatever. Cannot fathom how you could think eating processed food should be okay under those circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 02:38 PM

2,359 posts, read 3,341,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
absolutely, you get crazy cravings after you eat let's say a 100 cal pack of oreos that you think is going to save you calories, but really makes you want to eat the whole fridge to chase the foor high of whatever Nabisco puts in there
Ha! Right? That's exactly why I don't have chips or cookies at home and why I avoid eating them all together. You can go through a big bag of chips or a sleeve of cookies in one sitting and still be hungry.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:54 PM

4,801 posts, read 4,699,834 times
Calories in, calories out. Junk food for life!

Old 07-27-2017, 06:47 PM

376 posts, read 183,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Calories in, calories out. Junk food for life!
Until diabetes and/or hyper tension come knocking on the door! Enjoy!

Old 07-27-2017, 07:30 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,513,070 times
The biggest issue is with obesity in this city is that people are eating 4-5 FULL SIZED meals per day and then snacking on top of it. I understand it's hard for low income and low IQ individuals to grasp the concept of temptation and self-control, but as a low income new yorker myself (hells i qualify for NYCHA with my income) living on one meal per day because thems the breaks, I have zero sympathy for people who balloon up like that. Yes I know there's like .01% of the population who have health issues that make them that way, but what about the other 99.99 percent? hmmmmm It's easy to pig out when other people are paying for your food and rent. I won't lie, I'd be 600 pounds if I had free food allowances and subsidized rent! Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:51 PM

4,801 posts, read 4,699,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
Until diabetes and/or hyper tension come knocking on the door! Enjoy!
Not me. But thanks for trying.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:49 PM

4,676 posts, read 3,048,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Have people still smoking like it's the 80's when smoking was supposedly *cool*

Huh? You must mean the 1880's.

In the 1980s, smoking was banned in a lot of society's venues and smokers considered pariahs.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:10 PM

7,947 posts, read 6,517,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Huh? You must mean the 1880's.

In the 1980s, smoking was banned in a lot of society's venues and smokers considered pariahs.
Smoking was definitely still popular in the 80's and even NYC didn't ban smoking indoors until the early 2000's. I'm only an early 90's teenager and I clearly remember being able to sit in the smoking section of a restaurant right up into my early 20's.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:27 PM

7,604 posts, read 2,738,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Smoking was definitely still popular in the 80's and even NYC didn't ban smoking indoors until the early 2000's. I'm only an early 90's teenager and I clearly remember being able to sit in the smoking section of a restaurant right up into my early 20's.
Am in agreement. Can remember there being a smoking and non-smoking section.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:06 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,126,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
The biggest issue is with obesity in this city is that people are eating 4-5 FULL SIZED meals per day and then snacking on top of it. I understand it's hard for low income and low IQ individuals to grasp the concept of temptation and self-control, but as a low income new yorker myself (hells i qualify for NYCHA with my income) living on one meal per day because thems the breaks, I have zero sympathy for people who balloon up like that. Yes I know there's like .01% of the population who have health issues that make them that way, but what about the other 99.99 percent? hmmmmm It's easy to pig out when other people are paying for your food and rent. I won't lie, I'd be 600 pounds if I had free food allowances and subsidized rent! Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.
dear friend that's why soup kitchens exist. Go eat there instead of starving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or