U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 06:12 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,953,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am in agreement and am thinking you need to set up a consultation with Kefir King. He *swears* by cheap *highly processed* TV dinners and other cheap garbage.
Shake Shack works just as well! Well it doesn't fit into the garbage category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 07:27 PM

7,616 posts, read 2,795,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Shake Shack works just as well! Well it doesn't fit into the garbage category.
Am not a fan overall, and can tell you that Schnippers is a better option.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,953,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am not a fan overall, and can tell you that Schnippers is a better option.
You are not a New Yorker if you don't like Shake Shack.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:32 PM

6,962 posts, read 4,546,229 times
Quote:
I fart on shake shack..

Old 07-17-2017, 08:35 PM

7,616 posts, read 2,795,041 times
Quote:
*LOL* For $25 - 30, can get much more for the money.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:39 PM

343 posts, read 149,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
No effect since you are small....and a female (or is it little boy? )......NYC bus and subway seats are a bit small. As I noted, when an obese person's blubber slams next to you, its bad. Even worse, when an obese person, squeeze into the middle seat of a three seater....aka the sandwich seat....the math doesn't add up!
Thats what Im talking about. When you are on a bus and everyone is obese you see them taking up multiple seats. On each bus there are only about 6 seats for the disabled. Obese people are disabled. Here they are taking up 1-1.5 seats per butt cheek. It aint right.

Since I was unable to sit down on the ride, which lasted about 20 stops (it seemed), I mean, I dunno. The Stop Requested sign went on at Every street. I believe its because obese people do not want to walk that extra one or two blocks to their destination. So everyone suffers because of their obesity

I had to stand the whole ride. Then one stood up and slimed my arm with her sweaty scalp. Im like ewww. Then the bus driver announced how Uber prices are currently cheaper compared to MTA bus rides. I wonder if Uber drivers accomodate obese passengers any differently.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 PM

2,696 posts, read 1,742,648 times
Quote:
Shake Shack is not even that great. Its overrated like Chipotle.

That being said.. McDonald's is vile garbage.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:51 PM

2,575 posts, read 1,923,215 times
News flash: There's an obesity epedemic in this country.

But nobody talks about it anymore. We're moving on to the opioid epedemic that is killing more people in this country than car accidents ever have.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:05 AM

1,957 posts, read 1,061,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
But that's only a problem if you don't have the active lifestyle to offset the caloric intake. Carbs aren't bad, they provide a lot of energy which is necessary if you lead an active lifestyle. What's interesting is that in developing countries with "heavy" cuisine, there is isnt an obesity problem.
There's an obesity epidemic in this country because people eat huge portions and are overeaters. Constant access to food leads to overrating, emotional eating, binge eating.

I've seen people lose weight and gain it al back again. It's because they just can't watch their calories (nobody has time for that) and just can't find ways to control cravings and eliminating heavily processed foods.,

Old 07-18-2017, 04:35 AM

10,087 posts, read 7,831,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
Thats what Im talking about. When you are on a bus and everyone is obese you see them taking up multiple seats. On each bus there are only about 6 seats for the disabled. Obese people are disabled. Here they are taking up 1-1.5 seats per butt cheek. It aint right.

Since I was unable to sit down on the ride, which lasted about 20 stops (it seemed), I mean, I dunno. The Stop Requested sign went on at Every street. I believe its because obese people do not want to walk that extra one or two blocks to their destination. So everyone suffers because of their obesity

I had to stand the whole ride. Then one stood up and slimed my arm with her sweaty scalp. Im like ewww. Then the bus driver announced how Uber prices are currently cheaper compared to MTA bus rides. I wonder if Uber drivers accomodate obese passengers any differently.
Stop sounding like such a little 8itch. Stand up and be a straphanger.

Even better, walk. I know people don't do that where your from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or