Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 05:32 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
Thats what Im talking about. When you are on a bus and everyone is obese you see them taking up multiple seats. On each bus there are only about 6 seats for the disabled. Obese people are disabled. Here they are taking up 1-1.5 seats per butt cheek. It aint right.

Since I was unable to sit down on the ride, which lasted about 20 stops (it seemed), I mean, I dunno. The Stop Requested sign went on at Every street. I believe its because obese people do not want to walk that extra one or two blocks to their destination. So everyone suffers because of their obesity

I had to stand the whole ride. Then one stood up and slimed my arm with her sweaty scalp. Im like ewww. Then the bus driver announced how Uber prices are currently cheaper compared to MTA bus rides. I wonder if Uber drivers accomodate obese passengers any differently.
It does not sound like you are cut out to live in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS22 View Post
Thats what Im talking about. When you are on a bus and everyone is obese you see them taking up multiple seats. On each bus there are only about 6 seats for the disabled. Obese people are disabled. Here they are taking up 1-1.5 seats per butt cheek. It aint right.

Since I was unable to sit down on the ride, which lasted about 20 stops (it seemed), I mean, I dunno. The Stop Requested sign went on at Every street. I believe its because obese people do not want to walk that extra one or two blocks to their destination. So everyone suffers because of their obesity

I had to stand the whole ride. Then one stood up and slimed my arm with her sweaty scalp. Im like ewww. Then the bus driver announced how Uber prices are currently cheaper compared to MTA bus rides. I wonder if Uber drivers accomodate obese passengers any differently.
Dude, stop trollng! UBer rides are not cheaper than MTA rides. $2.75 can take you from 207 st to JFK airport via the A Train. Even if you take an Uber pool it will not be cheaper than $2.75.

For whatever reason, you hate fat people. You also have trouble with NYC ladies. Why remain here???

Old 07-18-2017, 08:20 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,563,890 times
I don't understand why some people can't just mind their own business...

Old 07-18-2017, 08:35 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
I don't understand why some people can't just mind their own business...
Am here to tell you when my money goes to take care of fat people, it *IS* my business.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:51 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
*LOL* For $25 - 30, can get much more for the money.
Nope.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:25 AM

6,684 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
But that's only a problem if you don't have the active lifestyle to offset the caloric intake. Carbs aren't bad, they provide a lot of energy which is necessary if you lead an active lifestyle. What's interesting is that in developing countries with "heavy" cuisine, there is isnt an obesity problem.
Actually, carbs are bad if you want to build muscle and/or keep your cholesterol and triglycerides down.
I have always been active and a gym buff - because I love to run, but only recently have I quit bread (and not really). Even though I have always been within my weight range, my blood work was never perfect because I had preferred a high bread/ vegetarian diet, with no meat.

If you cut the carbs, you'll lose weight. If you cut the carbs *and* go to the gym, you'll actually build muscle and get toned.

If you don't cut the carbs but you go to the gym, you'll just lose weight, and you'll be a, "skinny fat" - a person basically who looks good in clothes, but whose blood work is nowhere near perfect.

Just sayin'

Old 07-18-2017, 10:23 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,329,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Actually, carbs are bad if you want to build muscle and/or keep your cholesterol and triglycerides down.
I have always been active and a gym buff - because I love to run, but only recently have I quit bread (and not really). Even though I have always been within my weight range, my blood work was never perfect because I had preferred a high bread/ vegetarian diet, with no meat.

If you cut the carbs, you'll lose weight. If you cut the carbs *and* go to the gym, you'll actually build muscle and get toned.

If you don't cut the carbs but you go to the gym, you'll just lose weight, and you'll be a, "skinny fat" - a person basically who looks good in clothes, but whose blood work is nowhere near perfect.

Just sayin'
I don't cut or watch carbs and my blood work has always been text book exemplary. If one's aim is to build a certain physique then yes, you will have to make adjustments to your diet with the aim to lose fat and build muscle definition, but we're not talking about that at all. We're talking about the myth that carbs are "bad". One can be healthy, within the correct BMI range, all while eating carbs - or rather eating a balanced diet (inclusive of carbs).

Old 07-18-2017, 12:02 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,563,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am here to tell you when my money goes to take care of fat people, it *IS* my business.
What do you mean?

Old 07-18-2017, 12:15 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
What do you mean?
Am thinking you need to read up on things. Obese people cost everyone more money by way of higher insurance premiums, so yes it *IS* my business. If such people want to eat until they explode or whatever, should do it on their own dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Nope.
Am in disagreement. Can make my own burgers, fries and shakes or whatever at home for less.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:39 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
I don't cut or watch carbs and my blood work has always been text book exemplary. If one's aim is to build a certain physique then yes, you will have to make adjustments to your diet with the aim to lose fat and build muscle definition, but we're not talking about that at all. We're talking about the myth that carbs are "bad". One can be healthy, within the correct BMI range, all while eating carbs - or rather eating a balanced diet (inclusive of carbs).
The matter has become, what constitutes 'balance'? Until 10 years ago, dieticians promoted the idea that a diet where 65% of one's caloric intake coming from grain based carbs, including Wonder Bread, was the definition of balance.

One doesn't have to go full keto to have a healthy body and serum cholesterol, but most people still eat too much carbs, and much of it from very poor sources.

And to remain germane to the topic, if you don't like public transit in NY, or at least certain lines or between certain stops, got off yer a$$ and walk. Don't complain about obesity then display behaviors that contribute to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City