U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 04:25 PM

785 posts, read 344,449 times

Advertisements

MTA urges riders to put garbage where it belongs after recent track fires

Aren't these the same fools that were taking trash cans out of subway stations to 'reduce litter', which resulted in more track fires? And they have the nerve to tell people to "put garbage where it belongs"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 04:55 PM

7,048 posts, read 7,615,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
MTA urges riders to put garbage where it belongs after recent track fires

Aren't these the same fools that were taking trash cans out of subway stations to 'reduce litter', which resulted in more track fires? And they have the nerve to tell people to "put garbage where it belongs"?
Refer to the thread here on Deblasio's $32 mil war on rats. Many NYer are a bunch of animals. It's sad but true

Trash can out of the subway was a pilot program I believe. I think they retreated from that

Old 07-18-2017, 05:46 PM

1,007 posts, read 579,270 times
Just another way to ticket and arrest us. I mean can you imagine now going to jail for eating a bag of chips on the train? What a totalitarian police state New York has become over the last 30 years

Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 PM

2,681 posts, read 3,572,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Just another way to ticket and arrest us. I mean can you imagine now going to jail for eating a bag of chips on the train? What a totalitarian police state New York has become over the last 30 years
Arrest, probably not. Ticket? Darn Skippy. Who wants to live in a landfill?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:04 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,122,470 times
no food ban. eating a slice of pizza on the subway is part of what it means to be a new yorker.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:10 PM

3,447 posts, read 3,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
no food ban. eating a slice of pizza on the subway is part of what it means to be a new yorker.
Living in subhuman standards with **** poor transportation that gives excuses back and forth is also a given gem of New Yorker status.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:39 PM

18,236 posts, read 11,645,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post

Oh I don't know.....

Over the past decade or so have noticed many persons eating entire take away meals on subways and buses. Just the other day on the #6 train there was an AA mother and her several children chowing down on a Mikey D's feast.

Problem is these people either leave their rubbish behind on the train/bus and or elsewhere in the system (tracks, platforms, etc...). Even if they do chuck it into bin, those aren't emptied often enough and over flow. The result sooner or later is same; track fires, vermin and a host of other issues.

One saving grace with the decline of paper media readership is you don't have buses and trains (along with the entire system), littered with newspapers. All that discarded paper was a recipe for track fires.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:43 PM

6,036 posts, read 6,076,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
Nobody to blame but ourselves for being slobs I guess.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:47 PM

6,036 posts, read 6,076,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Refer to the thread here on Deblasio's $32 mil war on rats. Many NYer are a bunch of animals. It's sad but true

Trash can out of the subway was a pilot program I believe. I think they retreated from that
The PATH stations don't have any either but then again you don't get quite as much trash throwing their garbage everywhere (or garbage throwing their trash if you prefer.)

Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,122,470 times
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put my foot down on a food ban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or