U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 PM

8 posts, read 6,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
It depends if you can live with ratchet or not. I canít tell you. Best to explore the neighborhood on a Saturday night and see if you can deal with it
I have not even received a notification yet, but thank you for info. Iíll try next week. Just in case, Iíll go there during daylight hours first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2018, 02:02 AM

4 posts, read 4,320 times
Thumbs down Acacia Gardens "The New Projects"

I've visited the building 2 weeks ago and it's not yet finished. However; the area is terrible looking! They built this building right in the middle of the Wagner houses which has over 20 buildings. They emailed me for an interview and after visiting the area I chose not to accept it. I work at night so I will be leaving the building at night. I want to feel safe where I live. Also, the apartments are not that expensive so if someone is on section 8 ain't no telling whose gonna be up in there.
THANKS, BUT NO THANKS!

Old 08-19-2018, 03:03 PM

4,563 posts, read 3,990,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn38 View Post
I've visited the building 2 weeks ago and it's not yet finished. However; the area is terrible looking! They built this building right in the middle of the Wagner houses which has over 20 buildings. They emailed me for an interview and after visiting the area I chose not to accept it. I work at night so I will be leaving the building at night. I want to feel safe where I live. Also, the apartments are not that expensive so if someone is on section 8 ain't no telling whose gonna be up in there.
THANKS, BUT NO THANKS!
I absolutely despise the area of 120th & 1st. I tell people all the time regarding east harlem, if youíre gonna do it, do 3rd avenue

Old 08-20-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn38 View Post
THANKS, BUT NO THANKS!
What was your lottery number?
Is the area that bad?
I work 7-16.30, I would leave the building around 6 and coming back around 18.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:09 PM

It’s done. Looks nice.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:11 PM

10/12

Old 10-13-2018, 07:28 PM

Yeti, nobody called. I winder how it works..

Old 11-28-2018, 09:09 PM

46 posts, read 31,613 times
Log number in the 130s. Credit is good. I wonder if I'll finally get lucky. Other log numbers have been in the 1-5 thousands... I've lived in Harlem for years and currently live in the Bronx, I can take East Harlem...

Old 01-22-2019, 10:05 PM

125 posts, read 58,038 times
Anybody got contacted ?

Old 02-13-2019, 06:41 AM

46 posts, read 31,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeWorldd View Post
Anybody got contacted ?
I got called last thursday. They told me I was approved and I went to see the Apt on the same day. The apartment is beautiful. I love the floors. I only took 3 videos though, no pictures. The view was not that great but I can live with it. I will be going on Friday to sign the lease. I wonder if they will give me the keys right then and there (since we are in the middle of feb) or if they will tell me to move in on March 1st.

I wonder what happens if you go over the income limit?

How can you add another adult or child onto the lease without it affecting the rent? Or do people just live with other folks without informing management? Are the contracts for 1 year or 2? Is there anything else i should know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or