U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:33 PM

1,007 posts, read 579,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Her_CC_Q4 View Post
Haha...are you sure THAT is what you are seeing? Maybe those are fake/ edited videos LOL (yeah OK). According to some people here it must be a setup, as the gang in blue goes out every day to brutalize certain populations. The resisters are misunderstood and merely need a hug. We should allow them to do whatever they want because poor them. Because why shouldn't they resist, they don't have to listen to authority right? The police are all just big bad brutal criminals who are only looking out for private property HAHAHA man I tell ya what complete BS.
Yeah this guy was "resisting" right? Getting shot right in the back?

GRAPHIC: SC cop fatally shoots man as he's running away | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 04:19 PM

7,125 posts, read 5,496,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post

You run from the cops, expect bad things to happen. People need to learn to co-operate

Old 07-27-2017, 04:25 PM

152 posts, read 54,159 times
Quote:

Don't come for me....lol I replied to someone else's post. I am not getting into semantics about this issue. The Australian lady that was killed recently was innocent too, she was killed by the police she called for help SMH. Too bad you can't use the race card on that one though.

In this case (your video link) justice was served to that mans family - by your corrupt justice system no less. How can that be when its set up to protect the white supremacists like you said?

What that piece of human garbage masquerading as a cop did to an innocent man was deplorable. They should give him the chair. People like him are everything thats wrong in this world. Police murders are wrong ...you heard? Terrible things definitely occur...nobody disputing that.

But you make it seem like everybody's a victim when the truth is that is not always the case. Like for instance when you get pulled over...you keep your hands where they can see em and you ready your license and registration...you don't argue with cops. You take that s@#! like a man and take it up with a judge later.

I could say more but I won't - ya mind is made up. Enjoy that mentality. Be angry at the system and don't like the cops.....but when something happens to you don't expect a different outcome than the skewed one in your head. Go head and resist......sadly people who think like you rather complain about the system than do something and try to make a difference . People like NYPD Officer Miosotis did just that. And for her efforts look what she got. Please have several seats or you can always find a place on 40 deuce with the Israelites. Go you!

Old 07-27-2017, 04:32 PM

995 posts, read 718,994 times
Quote:

Wait, I thought we were talking about NYPD and how horrible they are killing blacks all day long?

So to prove your point you had to find a video from a while other state? The one rare case where a cop shot someone while running away? Yes I agree this cop looks like he committed murder plain and simple. He should go to jail for a very long time. See we agree!

Now, show me how often the above happens...

Reality - Black men between the age of 12-28 are many times more likely to be shot and killed DAILY by other black men in the same age group.

but let's focus on rare cases such as the above video.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:39 PM

152 posts, read 54,159 times
Its no surprise that the "white lady from hell" post was started by this individual. Let someone start a black lady from hell post........yeah ok. Either way the racist BS is hella disrespectful IDC who it comes from...its JUST PLAIN WRONG and stupid!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2017, 04:55 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,681,611 times
Quote:
Oh yeah "the safety of the NYPD" the biggest gang in the world, fourth biggest standing army in the world. Poor NYPD. We pratically live in a totalitarian police state

And sorry if sane people think jay-walkers and fare-beaters shouldn't be spending time in jail.
You get what you vote for.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:10 PM

23,247 posts, read 16,056,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Wait, I thought we were talking about NYPD and how horrible they are killing blacks all day long?

So to prove your point you had to find a video from a while other state? The one rare case where a cop shot someone while running away? Yes I agree this cop looks like he committed murder plain and simple. He should go to jail for a very long time. See we agree!

Now, show me how often the above happens...

Reality - Black men between the age of 12-28 are many times more likely to be shot and killed DAILY by other black men in the same age group.

but let's focus on rare cases such as the above video.
Anyone killing anyone of any race does not justify police brutality/abuse.

Of course someone who kills someone should be locked up or more. But people like you are complicit in creating the next generation of hardcore criminals. When people are locked up in prison for committing minor crimes such as public urination, smoking weed (which should be legal) etc., let's just say time in prison doesn't make them nicer people. If anything they become far worse, and with a criminal record they are unemployable and probably won't get housed anywhere else. So these people are dumped back in poor Black communities of course, where the danger they pose to everyone else has skyrocketed.

Oh, and how do prisoners spend their free time? Pumping weights of course. Lock men of that age range up, and of course give them weights to pump so they are even more of a physical threat to others. Lovely and brilliant.

This is what happens when fools like Giuliani become mayor, and thank god de Blasio has undone broken windows which did nothing but clear up high profile areas like Times Square for tourists.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Anyone killing anyone of any race does not justify police brutality/abuse.

When people are locked up in prison for committing minor crimes such as public urination, smoking weed (which should be legal) etc.,
See that's where you are wrong. First step was to get a DAT when getting arrested for the above crimes. You wold get cuffed, taken to the station house, and an hour later be let go with a DAT (Desk appearance ticket).

If you follow the rules and pay attention, the DAT means you have to report to stand in front of a judge at a certain date after that. You answer for your crime and pay a small fine or are released and told to be good for a year and the whole thing goes away etc....

The problem? Many people who just HATE following rules or think that they don't have to answer to no one, choose to IGNORE the rules and skip their court date. Now it becomes a WARRANT. Now they are in even bigger trouble cause you know, going to court is for chumps.

They get re-arrested and are now in RIKERS for public urination. Why? It's their own fault.

So no, people are not filling up jails for stupid things. People are getting themselves locked up in jail for stupid things because they threw away their only chance to stay out of it. Why
? Because it's EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT AND SOCIETY'S FAULT! Not their own of course. The POLICE and THE MAN made them **** in the street and get caught!

Old 07-27-2017, 08:26 PM

23,247 posts, read 16,056,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
See that's where you are wrong. First step was to get a DAT when getting arrested for the above crimes. You wold get cuffed, taken to the station house, and an hour later be let go with a DAT (Desk appearance ticket).

If you follow the rules and pay attention, the DAT means you have to report to stand in front of a judge at a certain date after that. You answer for your crime and pay a small fine or are released and told to be good for a year and the whole thing goes away etc....

The problem? Many people who just HATE following rules or think that they don't have to answer to no one, choose to IGNORE the rules and skip their court date. Now it becomes a WARRANT. Now they are in even bigger trouble cause you know, going to court is for chumps.

They get re-arrested and are now in RIKERS for public urination. Why? It's their own fault.

So no, people are not filling up jails for stupid things. People are getting themselves locked up in jail for stupid things because they threw away their only chance to stay out of it. Why
? Because it's EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT AND SOCIETY'S FAULT! Not their own of course. The POLICE and THE MAN made them **** in the street and get caught!
First of all, it takes public manpower, meaning the cops have to be paid just to send them out to ticket people. I don't think the city would be drowning in urine if not for the cops.

As for marijuana, it should be legal so there should be no DAT issued at all.

So again I'm glad de Blasio has thrown out these low level warrants. Waste of time and money.

I'm not in favor of a nanny state.

Lastly, homeless people, who probably take leaks out in public (not many public restrooms) after they get out of Rikers, are still going to urinate in public. It's solved nothing. Wherever there are a lot of homeless people, it still reeks of urine.

So even issuing the DATs is a waste of time. So yes, glad those warrants are eliminated.

People who go to jail get out, and they are not changed for the better. A homeless person arrested for failing to show for a DAT for public urination is not going to come out of jail a hardworking person. They're thrown back out in the streets, and have been made even worse for it. All these extra rules and supposed crackdowns did absolutely nothing but help out a few key high profile tourists areas, ooops, but even today they are flooded with homeless. Didn't do anything at all really.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
First of all, it takes public manpower, meaning the cops have to be paid just to send them out to ticket people. I don't think the city would be drowning in urine if not for the cops.

As for marijuana, it should be legal so there should be no DAT issued at all.

So again I'm glad de Blasio has thrown out these low level warrants. Waste of time and money.

I'm not in favor of a nanny state.

Lastly, homeless people, who probably take leaks out in public (not many public restrooms) after they get out of Rikers, are still going to urinate in public. It's solved nothing. Wherever there are a lot of homeless people, it still reeks of urine.

So even issuing the DATs is a waste of time. So yes, glad those warrants are eliminated.

People who go to jail get out, and they are not changed for the better. A homeless person arrested for failing to show for a DAT for public urination is not going to come out of jail a hardworking person. They're thrown back out in the streets, and have been made even worse for it. All these extra rules and supposed crackdowns did absolutely nothing but help out a few key high profile tourists areas, ooops, but even today they are flooded with homeless. Didn't do anything at all really.
Do you think people who get in trouble/jail/ticket for pissing, smoking pot, loud music, etc. have any fault at all? Or are their actions 100% valid?
Meaning, if people want to do these things all day long, should they be allowed to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or