Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 03:39 PM

152 posts, read 109,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
People smoke both weed and cigarettes in front of kids all the time. Anyone who has parents or other relatives who smoke has seen them smoke. As for grandparents, they smoked at a higher rate, and dranked at a higher rate.

Again it's not the governments job to nanny.

I will give Giuliani that much credit, he didn't nanny in part because he smoked cigars. Empress Block merge decided not only cigarettes were bad, she wanted to put extra taxes on sodas, and anything else she deemed bad. People have the right to live their lives as they please and this includes smoking,!esting whatever, or drinking whatever sugar drinks. How they handle their health and the consequences of these activities is up to them. Thank god Bloomberg's special taxes were blocked, Just like thank god the Empress's congestion tax to drive into Manhattan below 59th Street was blocked.

Adults don't need someone telling them what is for their own good. The only smoking restrictions I agree to is places of business should have had smoking banned and this includes even bars and restaurants because no one should be stuck indoors with a bunch of smokers. Outside anyone in any city complaining about smoke is FOS, as there is massive automobile and truck exhaust. Someone smoking tobacco or weed outside is not a health hazard and any little snowflake that cries about that doesn't belong in a big city. Sorry the empress is not around for you to suckle her breasts.
Nah......Whaaaaaaat? Oh I was not stuck on the smoking debate....pot or otherwise. Lol

I am speaking in general....general human behavior in public. Things that may bother others in a PUBLIC space. People SHOULD DO BETTER!!!!!! Guess what I have sex but its not appropriate to do that in front of children or relatives. At least NOT in my world because I have morals and respect for myself and others. If one did that in public it would be best to do something that is called.......BEING DESCREET.

I drink too but am responsible..However, being a drunk belligerent street urinator isn't really nice for others to have to deal with.* I would not smoke in a childs face. Some might. I don't agree with it for numerous reasons. Some people make poor breeders..... what can I say!?

I don't need anyone to tell me how to act because I know how to behave in public. I am not for any government intervention in personal matters. But this is what happens when society begins to unravel and mother@#*!ers get outta pocket and show no respect for their surroundings.

And you smoke in my kids face or whip out your pinky's worth of p#@!$ and I will handle it myself. I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S ASSISTANCE. Oh hey Lorena Bobbit...hey! Lol

Whats up with the snowflake comment? I know that was not directed at me because I have shown respect on this forum. And I certainly wasn't crying about anything. So imma let that fly.

lastly do people not have homes? Do all your f@#*ery there in front of ya ratchet parents and kids.

Watch how yuh run up yuh mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 05:35 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Her_CC_Q4 View Post
Nah......Whaaaaaaat? Oh I was not stuck on the smoking debate....pot or otherwise. Lol

I am speaking in general....general human behavior in public. Things that may bother others in a PUBLIC space. People SHOULD DO BETTER!!!!!! Guess what I have sex but its not appropriate to do that in front of children or relatives. At least NOT in my world because I have morals and respect for myself and others. If one did that in public it would be best to do something that is called.......BEING DESCREET.

I drink too but am responsible..However, being a drunk belligerent street urinator isn't really nice for others to have to deal with.* I would not smoke in a childs face. Some might. I don't agree with it for numerous reasons. Some people make poor breeders..... what can I say!?

I don't need anyone to tell me how to act because I know how to behave in public. I am not for any government intervention in personal matters. But this is what happens when society begins to unravel and mother@#*!ers get outta pocket and show no respect for their surroundings.

And you smoke in my kids face or whip out your pinky's worth of p#@!$ and I will handle it myself. I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S ASSISTANCE. Oh hey Lorena Bobbit...hey! Lol

Whats up with the snowflake comment? I know that was not directed at me because I have shown respect on this forum. And I certainly wasn't crying about anything. So imma let that fly.

lastly do people not have homes? Do all your f@#*ery there in front of ya ratchet parents and kids.

Watch how yuh run up yuh mouth.
Your child has seen plenty of people smoke in public, younwont be doing anything at all so you can stop the bravado.

Again you want to tattle like a 8 year old girl wanting to be the teachers pet. Yawn.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:33 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,197,063 times
I mean is sex in public really the same as smoking a joint or cigarette in public or drinking a beer in public? No I don't think so. We don't need a nanny state for that.

Drinking in publicist a problem when people become belligerent, which only happens to a minority of people who drink in public. Yes those people should be contained.

However have a beer at a picnic in the park is no big deal if you can control yourself.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:18 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
I've never been arrested or detained for anything. However, if I were to refer you for a position at my job (we get a nice referral bonus) and you had one of those tickets/offenses, you would be excluded. I know it's worst for Fed positions. It's not always about education.
I've been arrested a few times. No big deal. But if I've been arrested a few times, and was unqualified (i.e., uneducated), then yes, there would be a problem. If you are qualified for the job you can get it even if you have had minor altercations with the law.

Arrests for soft drug use, a fist fight, etc...that led to a violation, or even a misdemeanor, no big deal. Employers can turn a blind eye if you are worth it. BUT DO NOT GET ARRESTED FOR STEALING. That offense might be unforgivable. Also don't pee in public anywhere near a playground or school. They'll put you on another list if caught.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:25 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
I mean is sex in public really the same as smoking a joint or cigarette in public or drinking a beer in public? No I don't think so. We don't need a nanny state for that.

Drinking in publicist a problem when people become belligerent, which only happens to a minority of people who drink in public. Yes those people should be contained.

However have a beer at a picnic in the park is no big deal if you can control yourself.
If people can act civilized and control themselves, fine, they should be able to go about their business. But I've witnessed on many occasions that some people just can't act right. No respect for others.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Your child has seen plenty of people smoke in public, younwont be doing anything at all so you can stop the bravado.

Again you want to tattle like a 8 year old girl wanting to be the teachers pet. Yawn.
Ha you are projecting. When DID I say I tattle or agree with government over reaching and babysitting of the population.? I didn't. I agree that IF u get caught doing certain (things that are deemed anti social behavior by the way!) THEN u get a ticket. If someone got a ticket or didn't go to a hearing NOT my problem. I just don't agree with the decision to return our streets into the chaos they were in other periods of history. Politics and policy tend to (very much like in the fashion industry) repeat trends. It's not rocket science to be able to predict certain outcomes from entering certain inputs. Data was compiled my friend lol. YOU took it and ran with it..thats cute....all the way off the deep end though? Alright then lol

I give you more credit than you think and I suspect you do KNOW exactly what I mean though. And I don't have children it was just a scenario. What one will and not do is not something YOU can determine. Thats funny! Besides people check other people ALL the time, so you cannot be serious.

Lets see........
The MTA wouldn't have had to create an entire media campaign telling people to BE COURTEOUS! You know....those posters they have in side the trains...i know you have seen them! They address things that are considered discourteous or may bother the general (civilized) public. Or what about all of the neighborhood residents of 125th Street near Lex. If you 're from NYC YOU know what it looks like over there. You approve of this? The residents and their children have tons of problems with this area I can tell you that! They are the ones who have to suffer with the tons of drugged out, publicly intoxicated, loud, rowdy and sometimes violent or sexually inappropriate masses that congregate there.

So you know what......yes lets just allow the entire population to both do whatever they choose IN PUBLIC and private. Lets let them police themselves, cause they do such a fantastic job at it currently. We have so many flourishing and wonderful communities and people just are so kind and considerate. Yeah Ok.......

Just keep that crap in your backyard....not mine. Real New Yorkers show respect.....you understand? Also whining and being melodramatic are surely female traits........you sound like you need attention.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Her_CC_Q4 View Post
Ha you are projecting. When DID I say I tattle or agree with government over reaching and babysitting of the population.? I didn't. I agree that IF u get caught doing certain (things that are deemed anti social behavior by the way!) THEN u get a ticket. If someone got a ticket or didn't go to a hearing NOT my problem. I just don't agree with the decision to return our streets into the chaos they were in other periods of history. Politics and policy tend to (very much like in the fashion industry) repeat trends. It's not rocket science to be able to predict certain outcomes from entering certain inputs. Data was compiled my friend lol. YOU took it and ran with it..thats cute....all the way off the deep end though? Alright then lol

I give you more credit than you think and I suspect you do KNOW exactly what I mean though. And I don't have children it was just a scenario. What one will and not do is not something YOU can determine. Thats funny! Besides people check other people ALL the time, so you cannot be serious.

Lets see........
The MTA wouldn't have had to create an entire media campaign telling people to BE COURTEOUS! You know....those posters they have in side the trains...i know you have seen them! They address things that are considered discourteous or may bother the general (civilized) public. Or what about all of the neighborhood residents of 125th Street near Lex. If you 're from NYC YOU know what it looks like over there. You approve of this? The residents and their children have tons of problems with this area I can tell you that! They are the ones who have to suffer with the tons of drugged out, publicly intoxicated, loud, rowdy and sometimes violent or sexually inappropriate masses that congregate there.

So you know what......yes lets just allow the entire population to both do whatever they choose IN PUBLIC and private. Lets let them police themselves, cause they do such a fantastic job at it currently. We have so many flourishing and wonderful communities and people just are so kind and considerate. Yeah Ok.......

Just keep that crap in your backyard....not mine. Real New Yorkers show respect.....you understand? Also whining and being melodramatic are surely female traits........you sound like you need attention.
I'm actually quite happy with the direction of things and commend de Blasio for his recent decisions.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:45 AM

Lol this is hilarious! Thank you.

Andddddddd keep enjoying them PA restrooms, have fun for me kiddo lol

Have a good weekend dude.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I've been arrested a few times. No big deal. But if I've been arrested a few times, and was unqualified (i.e., uneducated), then yes, there would be a problem. If you are qualified for the job you can get it even if you have had minor altercations with the law.

Arrests for soft drug use, a fist fight, etc...that led to a violation, or even a misdemeanor, no big deal. Employers can turn a blind eye if you are worth it. BUT DO NOT GET ARRESTED FOR STEALING. That offense might be unforgivable. Also don't pee in public anywhere near a playground or school. They'll put you on another list if caught.
If you have no record of conviction you don't need to mention you were arrested, especially for private sector and non profit jobs. Federal jobs might be different.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:10 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
If you have no record of conviction you don't need to mention you were arrested, especially for private sector and non profit jobs. Federal jobs might be different.
no but if asked and you lie, and the employer later finds out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City