U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 10:36 AM

2,458 posts, read 1,814,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
Has anyone been denied after credit was checked (not due to bad credit)?
I have read about people getting denied (waitlisted) even after their credit is checked because of others with lower log numbers getting their appeals accepted or simply because others with lower log numbers had near perfect backgrounds and a shorter list of things to investigate (ex. no spouses, no children, been at the same job for 10+ years, etc). The rule is that the management company has to submit 50 cases at a time in batches - not one case at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 10:46 AM

83 posts, read 74,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful01 View Post
Well looking at the other threads, once you see a unit you're basically in. As long as nothing has changed since the submittal of your original docs, money wise that is
Thank you and nothing has changed. Can't wait for Monday to get here and I get that phone call. Do you know if they send the file to the city after you see the unit or before?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:27 AM

249 posts, read 184,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I have read about people getting denied (waitlisted) even after their credit is checked because of others with lower log numbers getting their appeals accepted or simply because others with lower log numbers had near perfect backgrounds and a shorter list of things to investigate (ex. no spouses, no children, been at the same job for 10+ years, etc). The rule is that the management company has to submit 50 cases at a time in batches - not one case at a time.
I feel like I fit in that scenario then. oh well, it's up to them so i'll just be waiting

Old 11-26-2017, 12:30 PM

66 posts, read 29,076 times
how do you know if your credit was checked? I saw a studio on 11/20 what happens after this. I was suppose to sign more papers but the lady that was suppose to give me the other papers was not there so I have no clue at the moment where I am in the procress

Old 11-26-2017, 12:53 PM

2,458 posts, read 1,814,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie5665 View Post
how do you know if your credit was checked? I saw a studio on 11/20 what happens after this. I was suppose to sign more papers but the lady that was suppose to give me the other papers was not there so I have no clue at the moment where I am in the procress
You can create a free account on Credit Karma and check the, "Hard Inquiries" section. If it doesn't show up, they probably didn't check your credit, or they used Experian, which doesn't appear on Credit Karma. Go to experian.com and get your free report. Click on the "Inquiries" tab and look for anything, "landlord check" or "tenant screeners."

Old 11-26-2017, 01:15 PM

What happens after viewing unit? Is file sent to the city or it's done prior to viewing the unit? Annie5665 did you see a model unit or your actual unit?

Old 11-26-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smonroe319 View Post
What happens after viewing unit? Is file sent to the city or it's done prior to viewing the unit? Annie5665 did you see a model unit or your actual unit?
I saw a model unit when I called management they stated the form is stating that I would like to continue with the application process after that if selected I would receive a call to brig two money orders but I let them know over the phone I wanted to continue the process but I didnít sign any paper the woman said it was fine

Old 11-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I saw a model unit when I called management they stated the form is stating that I would like to continue with the application process after that if selected I would receive a call to brig two money orders but I let them know over the phone I wanted to continue the process but I didnít sign any paper the woman said it was fine
When I went to see the apartment the women that are originally suppose to be there were not and the ones that were there had to give me the papers but they didnít that why i called management and I havenít heard anything or what to do now. This process is frustrating

Old 11-26-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
When I went to see the apartment the women that are originally suppose to be there were not and the ones that were there had to give me the papers but they didnít that why i called management and I havenít heard anything or what to do now. This process is frustrating
I would follow up tomorrow regarding the paperwork. What size unit did you view and was it big?

Old 11-26-2017, 02:35 PM

I thought credit was checked prior to apartment viewing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City