U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2017, 06:01 PM

22 posts, read 10,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
This is incorrect information. They are *absolutely* hard inquiries. I have two of them on my credit report: They appear as, "Tenant Check" and "Onsite-Manager, Inc."

No matter what you do or say, if you're going to apply for a housing lottery, they will check your credit. No amount of pleading will make them bypass this step. It's actually one of the most important ones.

To answer your other question, the second interview consists of submitting your file to HPD (the city).
You usually sign more paperwork.

There is no difference between higher income apartments those of lower income. They are all the same.
Thank you for clarifying that the units offer the same quality whether youíre making more money than someone else. My only complain is that studio apartments should be less than 1 bedroom apartments. Seems unfair to me for individuals whom are offer different amount of space be charged the same.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 06:22 PM

66 posts, read 29,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmb0627 View Post
Thank you for clarifying that the units offer the same quality whether youíre making more money than someone else. My only complain is that studio apartments should be less than 1 bedroom apartments. Seems unfair to me for individuals whom are offer different amount of space be charged the same.
THe studio is less then the one bedroom

Old 12-05-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie5665 View Post
THe studio is less then the one bedroom
According to the housing connect website both studio and 1 bedroom apartment are $822 a month.

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...entPdf/331.pdf

Old 12-05-2017, 08:20 PM

2,456 posts, read 1,810,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmb0627 View Post
According to the housing connect website both studio and 1 bedroom apartment are $822 a month.

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...entPdf/331.pdf
I wish I could get a nice place for 822 bucks. The last time I remember my rent being that low was literally last century in 1999.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:20 AM

66 posts, read 29,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I wish I could get a nice place for 822 bucks. The last time I remember my rent being that low was literally last century in 1999.
Look at it closely a studio is 822 and one bedroom 882

Old 12-06-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie5665 View Post
Look at it closely a studio is 822 and one bedroom 882
Oh ****! I just noticed that. You have good eyes! Lol I still would rather a 1 bedroom. Iím glad itís a price difference between the units though, itís what seems to be the most fair.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:34 PM

5 posts, read 2,116 times
Hey All,

I guess its a waiting game now. Went to see a 1 bedroom Nov 13th. The lady didn't show up (ridiculous) the building super had to show me a model of a 1bedroom on the first floor. After the viewing, I had to walk into the community room and pick up the form that stated: "I liked the apartment and would like to continue with the process". Called Prestige management and express how the lady not showing up was an inconvenience since I took the day off from work. Then asked if it was okay If I dropped off the form to management (Harlem). She apologized and agreed that would be fine. Dropped off the form and asked her how long would it be until the next step. She told me I was approved by one agency and being that Thanksgiving was around the corner Ill hear back after the holiday. Well fast forward to now, No call, No email. I emailed the lady whose suppose to be handling my file Monday and no response. What I don't understand is why the process has to be top secret? LOL Didn't even find out if they were gonna offer me a 1 bedroom until the day I was called to see an apartment.

Anywho, gonna just sit back and wait and not stress. Log number is in the low 100's and I dont have CB.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay1789 View Post
Hey All,

I guess its a waiting game now. Went to see a 1 bedroom Nov 13th. The lady didn't show up (ridiculous) the building super had to show me a model of a 1bedroom on the first floor. After the viewing, I had to walk into the community room and pick up the form that stated: "I liked the apartment and would like to continue with the process". Called Prestige management and express how the lady not showing up was an inconvenience since I took the day off from work. Then asked if it was okay If I dropped off the form to management (Harlem). She apologized and agreed that would be fine. Dropped off the form and asked her how long would it be until the next step. She told me I was approved by one agency and being that Thanksgiving was around the corner Ill hear back after the holiday. Well fast forward to now, No call, No email. I emailed the lady whose suppose to be handling my file Monday and no response. What I don't understand is why the process has to be top secret? LOL Didn't even find out if they were gonna offer me a 1 bedroom until the day I was called to see an apartment.

Anywho, gonna just sit back and wait and not stress. Log number is in the low 100's and I dont have CB.

The lady could have been sick, but at least someone did show you the apartment.

Anyway, they don't answer because they're either overwhelmed with other applicants asking the same questions, or because they don't have an answer for you (meaning that your application is still being processed). It may have gone to HPD at this point.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 PM

5 posts, read 2,116 times
Yeah that could be a possibility. But again Not stressing and not gonna nag. If its meant to be it will be.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay1789 View Post
Yeah that could be a possibility. But again Not stressing and not gonna nag. If its meant to be it will be.
You will stress. That's the fun of being a housing lottery junkie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City