U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 01:12 PM

1,761 posts, read 426,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
There seems to be a lot of talk & hoopla about him recently. Some anniversary regarding him must be approaching. There have been articles about him in the NY Post, NY Times, even the ID channel is going to show a "brand new documentary" on the subject next Sat. I'm going to watch. I was living in upstate NY at the time to fully feel the effects so, has anyone in this forum lived in NYC at the time of this "one man killing spree" to recall how they felt? Was the whole city 'gripped with fear" over it as the papers say or is this all media hype once again.

This was a terrible time. The city was truly gripped in fear. It was front page of every New York Paper up to his capture.
Also during this heightened time of anxiety the city suffered a blackout which sent shivers down many spines as the thought
of this murder spree was going to escalate during this time. It truly was a tense time. I would liken it to the fears that gripped
the city after the tragic 911 bombing of the Twin Towers. A very scary time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 12:25 AM

78 posts, read 55,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Years ago I saw an interview with him and he was as you describe. I was a bit surprised by how eloquent he was and how he fully accepts responsibility for what he did.

Looked a bit like Richard Dreyfuss.

David Berkowitz repented of all his evil ways, trusted in the Lord for forgiveness and salvation, and committed his heart and life to Him years ago. He has been born again. The Bible says, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." So you see, he seems like a totally different person because - he is. The same offer of new life is extended to any and all who will receive it.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:37 AM

1,961 posts, read 706,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
he is a disgusting human being and should have been hung, instead, all my tax dollars are going to his loser, sheltering and feeding him, and I have a problem with that.
Get over it. Itís life!

Old 12-10-2018, 06:10 AM

1,761 posts, read 426,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adopted View Post
David Berkowitz repented of all his evil ways, trusted in the Lord for forgiveness and salvation, and committed his heart and life to Him years ago. He has been born again. The Bible says, "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." So you see, he seems like a totally different person because - he is. The same offer of new life is extended to any and all who will receive it.

Amen.....Amen......His incarceration may help save lives of others doing time.
As to our societal rules of self government he is paying the price of a life sentence for taking the lives of others.
This time has allowed him time to reflect, find salvation and help spread the word to others incarcerated
willing to listen, who will one day be released. If he helps change just one person to lead a good life it will not have
been a waste of taxpayer money. His words have more impact than those gathering around listening to the words
violence, drugs,money,twisted religions and gang affiliations waiting to be released onto the streets.
Be careful what you wish for , you just might get it.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 12-10-2018 at 06:23 AM..

Old 12-11-2018, 09:19 AM

418 posts, read 117,003 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sGC9Ee6_9I

Old 12-11-2018, 09:39 AM

1,880 posts, read 1,753,444 times
Berkowitz deservedly got a life sentence, but the 1984 Palm Sunday Massacre killer shot ten people to death, including six children, and was paroled after 32 years. The parole system is messed up if a guy can execute ten people and get paroled.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:54 AM

1,868 posts, read 813,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Berkowitz deservedly got a life sentence, but the 1984 Palm Sunday Massacre killer shot ten people to death, including six children, and was paroled after 32 years. The parole system is messed up if a guy can execute ten people and get paroled.

The whole system is screwed up. I watch real life crime documentaries on the ID channel and the sentences that are given out to the criminals. Smh. They don't make much sense.

Last edited by Aeran; 12-11-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 12-11-2018, 10:22 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,973,249 times
How is this POS not dead? Why is it that people who randomly kill one person get the death penalty but scumbags like this guy and Collin Ferguson are alive and living an easy going, daily life in jail. They get 3 meals a day, get time to work out, educate themselves, read, etc but their victims are dead and their loved ones suffer every day.

If there was a button I could push to end these animals lives I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'll be happy to put an end to their lives if no one else wants to do it.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:28 AM

74 posts, read 24,115 times
It was a cult killing.

Read some interviews with victim Carl Denaro. He swears Berkowitz did not shoot him.

Old 12-11-2018, 03:22 PM

11,470 posts, read 16,984,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adopted View Post
That's nice. I admire him- as much as one can admire a serial killer- for taking responsibility for what he did.

Wonder what his old Rabbi thinks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or