Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:13 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times

Advertisements

Our buildings laundry rooms are open 24/7. The one in my tower is on the second floor. The only downside is the laundry rooms have no air conditioning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 08:14 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Our buildings laundry rooms are open 24/7. The one in my tower is on the second floor. The only downside is the laundry rooms have no air conditioning.
Well you are not going to remain in the laundry room after you put your clothes in the washer and dryer are you? lol

Old 08-02-2017, 08:44 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
We have a laundry room in every building in my complex and its still a pain in the a--. People leave their clothes in the machine sometimes, spill detergent, etc.....nothing beats having in your own house or unit. Although in a house it can be expensive if you have an electric and not a gas dryer.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We have a laundry room in every building in my complex and its still a pain in the a--. People leave their clothes in the machine sometimes, spill detergent, etc.....nothing beats having in your own house or unit. Although in a house it can be expensive if you have an electric and not a gas dryer.
If I go to the laundry room and see the machines already in use, I just decide to do it another day because I wouldn't want to keep checking to see if someone removed their clothes. Plus if the clothes remain in the machine it's delaying my process to get things done so it's just easier to do it on another day.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:37 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Well you are not going to remain in the laundry room after you put your clothes in the washer and dryer are you? lol

Clothes come out of the dryer and are neatly folded and sorted into laundry carts or put onto hangers and rolled into the elevator. So yes, time is spent in the laundry and we are people who get to the washers and dryers BEFORE the load is finished...so some wait time.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:49 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Clothes come out of the dryer and are neatly folded and sorted into laundry carts or put onto hangers and rolled into the elevator. So yes, time is spent in the laundry and we are people who get to the washers and dryers BEFORE the load is finished...so some wait time.
Not everyone folds their dry clothing neatly in the laundry room!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Not everyone folds their dry clothing neatly in the laundry room!
Especially if there are no tables in the laundry room

Old 08-03-2017, 07:18 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Our basement laundry room closes at 11 pm. That means the doors are still kept open but people are expected to be finished with the machines by 11 pm. This is a coop so I assume there are fines if you are a repeat offender.

I am guessing the closing time was put into effect because the residents of the apartment units directly above the laundry room can hear the machines in their apartments. I doubt the noise is that loud, though, otherwise those apartments wouldn't be consistently selling for the same price as the ones on all the other floors.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:27 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,913,614 times
While I didn't fold my laundry in the laundry room because there weren't tables, and I preferred to bring it up to my apartment and fold it all on my bed, I did however stay down there for the most part while it was washing. Sometimes I'd run back upstairs during cycles, and come back down 30 min later, but the machines were fairly quick so it was often easier to bring a book and hang out down in the basement. I abhor other people touching my clothing, and so the best way to avoid that happening, is to not give them a reason to.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:10 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
If I go to the laundry room and see the machines already in use, I just decide to do it another day because I wouldn't want to keep checking to see if someone removed their clothes. Plus if the clothes remain in the machine it's delaying my process to get things done so it's just easier to do it on another day.
so what do you do when you wait a day or 2, and its the same situation?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City