Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 11:35 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,044,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
What a surprise. Yet another person running their mouth or whatever quoting CNN *fake* news. They will say anything because they hate the man. This is the same outfit that downplays buying American constantly because they think outsourcing our jobs is just fine.
So you think that Maralago didn't really file this paperwork? Just because it makes Trump look bad doesn't mean it's fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 11:50 AM

12,742 posts, read 8,176,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So you think that Maralago didn't really file this paperwork? Just because it makes Trump look bad doesn't mean it's fake.
No, Trump is no perfectionist either. Just don't trust CNN at all. Used to actually watch CNN when they respected views from both sides of the aisle.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
No, Trump is no perfectionist either. Just don't trust CNN at all. Used to actually watch CNN when they respected views from both sides of the aisle.
That doesn't answer the question. Why does Maralago need to hire foreign cooks, housekeepers and restaurant servers? There are no Americans in Florida who want jobs?

Old 08-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
That doesn't answer the question. Why does Maralago need to hire foreign cooks, housekeepers and restaurant servers? There are no Americans in Florida who want jobs?
Obviously because the man wants to hire cheap and is doing exactly what many other Americans do here. Yes, it's hypocritical, but *very few* Americans are actually buying American and patronizing American businesses. It's one thing to run your mouth and another to back it up and practice what you preach. As President, Trump is trying to protect American goods and Americans. As a businessman, that's another matter. Asked earlier and *NEVER* received an answer.... How many of you buy American? Expect to hear crickets again.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:01 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,256,797 times
Quote:
So says the unpatriotic one... What a *surprise* that you avoided my question, which was do you buy American products? Think I know the answer to that one, but you talk about Trump only caring about himself. The pot calling the kettle black... Always like to call out so-called Americans who like to point the finger, but they don't do anything to support their local economy, don't buy American but are quick to complain about their politicians and how horrible they are and how they don't care about America.
Huh I never say I only buy American I am sure you don't either, if you have an iphone that was made in some factory in China. At least I admit I am a liberal globalist that likes to buy cheap stuff at Walmart not a like some hypocrites out there but I don't necessarily support the Dem hacks in office either or the candidate that was given to us but that's what we got. Yet I will do my part and support my locally made in Brooklyn business and will pay extra for it, do you? Those factory jobs can go to China/Mexico and stay there, those jobs are not coming back you were duped. We as Americans are cutting edge innovators and will continue to create better high paying jobs anyway, sorry that I am not stuck in the past and you were lied too.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Obviously because the man wants to hire cheap and is doing exactly what many other Americans do here. Yes, it's hypocritical, but *very few* Americans are actually buying American and patronizing American businesses. It's one thing to run your mouth and another to back it up and practice what you preach. As President, Trump is trying to protect American goods and Americans. As a businessman, that's another matter. Asked earlier and *NEVER* received an answer.... How many of you buy American? Expect to hear crickets again.
Liberal here who bought a Jeep because it was mostly made in the US. Not all of the components were made here but many were and it was assembled in the US.

I'm a better American than Trump I guess.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:03 PM

80 posts, read 46,827 times
Well, he can put his money where his mouth is. If he is as rich as he claims, he can put his and his families businesses in America, hire American workers and let the American people buy American made goods. He won't have to worry about all the taxes that he'll have to pay because he can afford them. If he wants this 'buy in America, made in America' agenda to succeed, he can't be a hypocrite.

And yes, I buy American.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:08 PM

954 posts, read 932,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Huh I never say I only buy American I am sure you don't either, if you have an iphone that was made in some factory in China. At least I admit I am liberal globalist that likes to buy cheap stuff at Walmart not a like some hypocrites out there but I don't necessarily support the Dem hacks in office either or the candidate that was given to us but that's what we got. Yet I will do my part and support my locally made in Brooklyn business and will pay extra for it, do you? Those factory jobs can go to China/Mexico and stay there, those jobs are not coming back you were duped. We as Americans are cutting edge innovators and will continue to create better high paying jobs anyway, sorry that I am not stuck in the past and you were lied too.
Well said.

Trump wants to focus on coal and low end manufacturing jobs as opposed to innovation and clean energy. The sad truth is that he doesn't care about either. He simply finds that demographic the most desperate and gullible. He thinks/knows they are willing to believe he can actually turn back the clock and get their jobs back.

Honestly I can't judge them. If I was desperate enough I might have no choice to believe him and vote for him. This is what he preyed on and what carried him to the White House. A true piece of human garbage indeed.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Liberal here who bought a Jeep because it was mostly made in the US. Not all of the components were made here but many were and it was assembled in the US.

I'm a better American than Trump I guess.
One product huh. Pay yourself on the back... Probably didn't make any concerted effort to buy American. Jeep was likely just partially made here and you happened to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Huh I never say I only buy American I am sure you don't either, if you have an iphone that was made in some factory in China. At least I admit I am a liberal globalist that likes to buy cheap stuff at Walmart not a like some hypocrites out there but I don't necessarily support the Dem hacks in office either or the candidate that was given to us but that's what we got. Yet I will do my part and support my locally made in Brooklyn business and will pay extra for it, do you? Those factory jobs can go to China/Mexico and stay there, those jobs are not coming back you were duped. We as Americans are cutting edge innovators and will continue to create better high paying jobs anyway, sorry that I am not stuck in the past and you were lied too.
Don't have an iPhone and never bought one. Am well aware of where they are made, hence why one was never purchased. You are right, you aren't stuck in the past. You're just out of touch with reality. Americans are falling behind in subjects like Math and Science and other important areas that are vital for innovation and creation. Wonder who is living in the past...

Old 08-01-2017, 12:16 PM

836 posts, read 1,111,683 times
Made in America costs more. Ivanka's clothing is not made here like a lot of other things. Labor is cheaper in other countries, but not in America. I'm sure most of us would like to buy made in America. BUt if you have not job, or a low paying job, you can't afford to buy made in America or you don't want to pay more for the same or similar items you can purchase made in china.

Before ranting and having a hissy fit, do some research. There are products made in America, but not everything can be made here.

Maybe people should blame the manufacturers or the large corporations that move their facilities overseas or to Mexico.

We should be asking how can we force/require American companies to keep their business and jobs in America? Fighting with each other and blaming the Democrats or Trump isn't the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City