Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:07 AM

532 posts, read 787,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
They don't make people pay these silly tolls in conservative states. We're taxed already, so let there be free routes to move around so we can trade with one another.

Corporate America should not be partnering with government. Government should be a regulator, not businessmen or hedge fund allocators.

Not sure why diversity is a liberal thing, because it is not. Liberals tend to favor segregation amongst themselves.

Favoring top earners is also a liberal thing these days just as much as it is a conservative thing, if not more so. Just look at the states where the top earners live. There is some greed going on here on the liberals part. Plus some of these top earners make such absurd and unfathomable sums of money. It is not normal. They are obviously users and abusers of big central government.

You forget I also want to do away with pretty much all forms of welfare and turn it into cash through the tax system.
This ^^

Nowadays if you want anything decent for everyone
You are a liberal. Even if it made sense. You'd hear them saying snowflakes!

I don't blame them, they have a baby as president who's whining Everytime things don't go his way and takes credit for someone's else work.
I am a liberal but doesn't mean I want to hang over free stuff to people who doesn't work or aren't willing to work.
I do want everyone to have Healthcare, because it's a fking human thing to do.

We claimed ourselves to be the greatest and most powerful country in the world but that only counts when it comes to bombing and killing people who doesn't agree with our ideology.

We hold into an amendment that was written 200 years ago while our kids and people are being killed left and right and our government is so corrupt that people don't care anymore since it's a normal thing. If I want to let's say put all color people in cage, all I have to do is buy the government.

So yeah, I am a liberal. You would never move forward if you hold into your old ways. My family is a bunch of conservative too. Hating on everyone who isn't practicing their view or beliefs and they are practicing God. What kind of God that would think a gay person isn't a human being just because he's gay. So God hates his children now. Sounds like the perfect God to me.

I'm 27 and I know. Better. I'm not some 50 year old man that wishes he could still own farms and slaves, can run out and say whatever he wants without consequences.

Last edited by WANTNYCAPART; 08-12-2017 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Definitely a liberal. You admit your disdain for the Constitution.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:21 AM

532 posts, read 787,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Definitely a liberal. You admit your disdain for the Constitution.
I am.
Why I live in NY. Not in Texas when I could get shot.
Unlike you, I'm a black man.
It's shoot first ask questions later.
While You can go around raising your guns at people and cops will find a way not to shoot you.
So no, I don't support open carry of any kind.
Specially since any lunatics can go around and buy a gun.
Put some fking limit on at least.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:36 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Try this calculator, folks: Are you in the American middle class? | Pew Research Center It can give you an idea of where may stand relative to income, family/household size and area.

You can also use the maps for specific information by census tract/block group as well: Bronx County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

New York County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Kings County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Queens County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Richmond County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-12-2017 at 06:53 AM..

Old 08-12-2017, 06:44 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
I am.
Why I live in NY. Not in Texas when I could get shot.
Unlike you, I'm a black man.
It's shoot first ask questions later.
While You can go around raising your guns at people and cops will find a way not to shoot you.
So no, I don't support open carry of any kind.
Specially since any lunatics can go around and buy a gun.
Put some fking limit on at least.
Have you ever been to Texas? Most of it is a lot safer than NYC, even for a black man.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Have you ever been to Texas? Most of it is a lot safer than NYC, even for a black man.
Maybe, as it will likely depend on where you go, live, do, etc.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:28 AM

104 posts, read 116,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Try this calculator, folks: Are you in the American middle class? | Pew Research Center It can give you an idea of where may stand relative to income, family/household size and area.

You can also use the maps for specific information by census tract/block group as well: Bronx County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

New York County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Kings County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Queens County, NY - USA.comâ„¢

Richmond County, NY - USA.comâ„¢
I've always found these calculators interesting. I guess raw numbers is the best metric for determining this, all else considered, but I feel like most people define whether they are middle class by the lifestyle they are able to lead. Like can you comfortably save for retirement and your children's college education while taking a modest vacation or two a year. Your answer is probably no despite having a "middle class" salary if you've amassed a large amount of debt in pursuit of your middle class career. Many middle class people are living paycheck to paycheck, a trend that I've always consider a "lower class" issue.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Debt is the biggest killer of dreams.

Living debt free other than a car payment and mortgage is why I can enjoy the life I do on my salary even with hefty child support, while still saving for retirement.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:29 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Debt is the biggest killer of dreams.

Living debt free other than a car payment and mortgage is why I can enjoy the life I do on my salary even with hefty child support, while still saving for retirement.
You enjoy the lifestyle you do because you work for the city of NY which pays very well along with generous benefits, including a pension.

Thanks for conviniently leaving that out.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeas0 View Post
I've always found these calculators interesting. I guess raw numbers is the best metric for determining this, all else considered, but I feel like most people define whether they are middle class by the lifestyle they are able to lead. Like can you comfortably save for retirement and your children's college education while taking a modest vacation or two a year. Your answer is probably no despite having a "middle class" salary if you've amassed a large amount of debt in pursuit of your middle class career. Many middle class people are living paycheck to paycheck, a trend that I've always consider a "lower class" issue.

First of all "middle" same as lower or whatever class is a construct. As such it varies by what is being measured and or by who is doing the measuring.

Median income OTOH is a far more reliable and accurate picture of what is "middle" class.

There are households living a "middle class" lifestyle (own a home/apartment, cars, vacations, etc....) but much of it is largely financed via debt. Indeed since the 1970's more and more American households have come to rely upon debt to fuel their "middle class" lifestyles as wages/income have stagnated.

We saw proof of this during the past fiscal/credit crisis when after banks pulled back on credit, lots of households suffered. Unable to finance certain things by borrowing (which is what credit cards technically do), people had to retrench.

Staten Island for years has been one of the bastions of "middle class" living in NYC. But when you dig into the numbers it is easy to see why. Plenty of NYPD, FDNY, DSNY, DOE, corrections and other NYC or NYS civil servants. Many of these households are dual income with the spouse if not in civil service doing something like nursing which pays very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City