Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 04:37 PM

33 posts, read 43,676 times

Advertisements

Congrats ccbk!!! Good luck with everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 PM

49 posts, read 62,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycreddevils View Post
Congrats ccbk!!! Good luck with everything
Thank you! You still waiting to hear back?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:08 AM

243 posts, read 310,093 times
@CCBK

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Was yours low or middle income?

This process seems straight forward for some and harder for others. Did they say you can't tell your neighbors who are paying 10K for rent about your lottery to prevent a riot and hatred in the building?

Also, if your low or middle, is there annual verification going forward and did you select a 2 year lease?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@CCBK

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Was yours low or middle income?

This process seems straight forward for some and harder for others. Did they say you can't tell your neighbors who are paying 10K for rent about your lottery to prevent a riot and hatred in the building?

Also, if your low or middle, is there annual verification going forward and did you select a 2 year lease?
I got a 1br in the 100% AMI slot. No not at all, they didn't say anything about not talking to neighbors. In fact, they encouraged the amenities and said that the building is very communal and everyone really enjoys the spaces, and that I should keep an eye out for the events they have scheduled and stuff like that. They hardly treated me any different then signing a normal lease. They were honestly super friendly and said that they were excited I was there and very enthusiastic! They gave a great tour of the whole building and amenities and it was actually fun!

Met the front desk and they were amazing and honestly must be totally disconnected from knowing that I was from the housing lottery. Haha.

The low income has to re-qualify annually, they mentioned that, but this lottery, 421-a, does not. They mentioned it's okay to obviously make more money and after 1 year you can add someone to the lease and change the household size. I signed a 1 year lease.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:40 PM

15 posts, read 29,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbk View Post
I got a 1br in the 100% AMI slot. No not at all, they didn't say anything about not talking to neighbors. In fact, they encouraged the amenities and said that the building is very communal and everyone really enjoys the spaces, and that I should keep an eye out for the events they have scheduled and stuff like that. They hardly treated me any different then signing a normal lease. They were honestly super friendly and said that they were excited I was there and very enthusiastic! They gave a great tour of the whole building and amenities and it was actually fun!

Met the front desk and they were amazing and honestly must be totally disconnected from knowing that I was from the housing lottery. Haha.

The low income has to re-qualify annually, they mentioned that, but this lottery, 421-a, does not. They mentioned it's okay to obviously make more money and after 1 year you can add someone to the lease and change the household size. I signed a 1 year lease.
Congrats! That is awesome.

In a phone conversation a couple weeks ago with Wavecrest I was told I wouldn't be rejected but I would be put on a waiting list for 90% AMI since all the 1 br in that AMI band were taken. Log number is 5XX. I think I'll have to give up hope though because my salary raise coincides with the 6 month waiting list renewal and it will put me out of the 90% AMI band. You win some you lose some.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:01 PM

494 posts, read 557,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar_ View Post
Congrats! That is awesome.

In a phone conversation a couple weeks ago with Wavecrest I was told I wouldn't be rejected but I would be put on a waiting list for 90% AMI since all the 1 br in that AMI band were taken. Log number is 5XX. I think I'll have to give up hope though because my salary raise coincides with the 6 month waiting list renewal and it will put me out of the 90% AMI band. You win some you lose some.
Do you know if there is a studio still available or if there are going to be more availability in the future? I am in the 90% AMI and they just emailed me asking for employment verification and to sign and notarize the student affidavit. I find it strange they are still asking for information when everything is taken. I'm hoping that the fact that they asked for more information means I'm still a contender, that they ran the credit check and verified my paystubs and accepted my recurring "gifts" as income.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:09 PM

243 posts, read 310,093 times
@CCBK,

I am sure the amenities was optional. Did they still ask for it to go with your lease, or they said you can sign up at anytime?

@Satyrical - there is only about 30 something units available. Wavecrest has been dragging this process out for months. Can you imagine them calling anyone back when they already have more than enough folks that truly qualify? There is a lot of red tape and racism involved, not to mention many of the young underpaid people processing the paper work are disorganized and clueless and qualified applicants just get lost in the shuffle.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaMatthews View Post
@CCBK,

I am sure the amenities was optional. Did they still ask for it to go with your lease, or they said you can sign up at anytime?

@Satyrical - there is only about 30 something units available. Wavecrest has been dragging this process out for months. Can you imagine them calling anyone back when they already have more than enough folks that truly qualify? There is a lot of red tape and racism involved, not to mention many of the young underpaid people processing the paper work are disorganized and clueless and qualified applicants just get lost in the shuffle.
Amenities are optional. You can sign up at anytime and the cost will be prorated and you'd only be paying for the amount you'd be signing up for when you do.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 5,406 times
I got a rejection notice for having too much income -- but I made under the amount, and they gave me some amount for my income that doesn't add up. Where do I go to appeal?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:57 PM

19 posts, read 15,136 times
Week later after I submitted verification of deposits, i just got an email asking for more stuff, last 6 paystubs, 2017 W2/tax return, and employment verification.

is this a good sign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery