Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:09 AM

994 posts, read 1,057,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniCakes View Post
It really is! I work near Columbus Circle so the idea of going home to nap on my break would be awesome, a girl can dream! Just sucks that they're leaving this lottery open for 2 months instead of 3 weeks. Let the waiting begin!
haha, totes! me too! I walk by there everyday at lunch and think, if I could just run up stairs for a bit. A guy can dream

That mini central park - can you imagine in the winter? snow? OMG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 09:14 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
haha, totes! me too! I walk by there everyday at lunch and think, if I could just run up stairs for a bit. A guy can dream

That mini central park - can you imagine in the winter? snow? OMG
LOL! Yeah i can definitely imagine it! Whole Foods right inside the mall, Lincoln Plaza cinemas down the block if you want to take in a movie, no shortage of restaurants, Starbucks and Duane Reades, I'd live in a convenient bubble lol only thing, my son goes to school uptown, so there's a round trip to be made every day, but to me, it's worth it!

Old 08-17-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
LOL! Yeah i can definitely imagine it! Whole Foods right inside the mall, Lincoln Plaza cinemas down the block if you want to take in a movie, no shortage of restaurants, Starbucks and Duane Reades, I'd live in a convenient bubble lol only thing, my son goes to school uptown, so there's a round trip to be made every day, but to me, it's worth it!
That would be a dream. Lincoln Center cinema is actually starred as my favorite in Fandango So because you have a boy, they definitely have to give you a 2 bedroom right? because I really want a 1!!!!! Maybe I should get a kid too

Old 08-17-2017, 09:23 AM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
It really is! I work near Columbus Circle so the idea of going home to nap on my break would be awesome, a girl can dream! Just sucks that they're leaving this lottery open for 2 months instead of 3 weeks. Let the waiting begin!

The development that I had a low lottery number (2xx) and that I was called in to do the paperwork, was *steps* away from my job. Can you imagine how excited I was when I actually received the letter inviting me to submit my financial paperwork??

I was literally dreaming about taking naps at lunchtime, sleeping an hour later, saving on my commute, and leaving my job "late" so that it can seem as if I'm actually working really hard. I was going to get rid of my metro card - and that's that I have the unlimited transitchek one. It would have changed my life! Not to mention that most of the establishments where I hang out and the gym where I go to are also walking distance away!

All paperwork submitted so that they can tell me a big fat waitinglist NO. CB preference is first!

Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The development that I had a low lottery number (2xx) and that I was called in to do the paperwork, was *steps* away from my job. Can you imagine how excited I was when I actually received the letter inviting me to submit my financial paperwork??

I was literally dreaming about taking naps at lunchtime, sleeping an hour later, saving on my commute, and leaving my job "late" so that it can seem as if I'm actually working really hard. I was going to get rid of my metro card - and that's that I have the unlimited transitchek one. It would have changed my life! Not to mention that most of the establishments where I hang out and the gym where I go to are also walking distance away!
Wait, so whats with the tears?

Old 08-17-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
That would be a dream. Lincoln Center cinema is actually starred as my favorite in Fandango So because you have a boy, they definitely have to give you a 2 bedroom right? because I really want a 1!!!!! Maybe I should get a kid too
you know i hope they do give me a 2 bdrm but some developments put single people in studios, a married couple or parent and child in a 1 bdrm, and a family of 3 or 4 in a 2 bdrm so I hope thats not the case with this one! lol As long as you're ready, go for it! The parent life is real! it'll be another full time job, so be prepared!

Old 08-17-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:

All paperwork submitted so that they can tell me a big fat waitinglist NO. CB preference is first!

awww i'm so sorry to hear that! I know that had to be a tough pill to swallow! How long ago was this? Sometimes they move through the waiting lists pretty quickly when a vacancy opens up because a lot of folks on the waiting list will have already found housing by the time they reach their log number. so don't lose hope! and good luck on the upcoming lotteries you've applied for!

Old 08-17-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Wait, so whats with the tears?
she got waitlisted after submitting all her paperwork. check her original response, maybe she edited it to include the last line.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
she got waitlisted after submitting all her paperwork. check her original response, maybe she edited it to include the last line.
Yeah, it was edited but sucks nonetheless

Old 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM

99 posts, read 168,600 times
Quote:

This is the future we all dream of. Imagine the percentage increase in productivity for the business, for us, for our family's, the emotional output, and the list goes on and on. The only one that can change the future is we, the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery