Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 03:29 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I've noticed that, in general, I don't see nearly as many "beaters" on the road anywhere. When I was younger, lots of people drove crappy, old cars. Now, I notice that most of the cars that I see on the road -- just about anywhere -- are "decent" and not too old.
That's because credit for car purchases is so heavily subsidized and ballooning into a bubble just like student loans are and mortgages were 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 03:33 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,337 times
And p.s. many people buy homes in previously perceived bad neighborhoods and lived just fine.
Now these neighborhoods are trendy and gentrified and the fancy folks are now rushing in to be rent raped. For the price of their rent they can buy in a just as convenient cheaper neighborhood. But humans are sheeps by nature.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:43 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
*LOL* People really think we're stupid. Have been around the block a few times and know a thing or two about how the games work. Am still trying to understand how one lives in a rent controlled apartment @ $900 a month, but can afford a Tesla. That apartment should go to someone who is truly in need. Nonsense like this is why those who can't afford market rate rents are being pushed out. Severe abuse of the system. Another reason am not in agreement which such programs.
I'm still trying to figure out how he charges a Tesla at his $900 crib. What's he do, throw an extension cord out his kitchen window?

Old 08-16-2017, 03:50 PM

270 posts, read 145,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That's because credit for car purchases is so heavily subsidized and ballooning into a bubble just like student loans are and mortgages were 10 years ago.
...and when they get repossessed, I'll be there to purchase one for a lot cheaper than new! ��

Old 08-16-2017, 03:54 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,150,696 times
I dont think i would see a topic covered in another region of the country.

In my travels, i have seen factory working trailer park residents, with Two new trucks, jetskis, motorcycle, amoungs other toys. Wonder how they get cash, living in a dang trailer park.

In bushwick, just 10 years ago, i could have purchase a 3 family home for $150k. Since then, the value is at $900k, as many people are looking to move in. I could even rent 3 floors at $1800 a month! So, old timers that stayed around, purchasing 2 or 3 during all this time, are sucessfull .

Many african americans, real nyers, staying true in their old hood, hold good paying jobs, and deserve to drive a nice car. Well earned.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:05 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out how he charges a Tesla at his $900 crib. What's he do, throw an extension cord out his kitchen window?
*LOL* Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:38 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,209 times
There's a dick up the block from me who charges his tesla with the thickest extension cord EVER. he runs it from his house to the curb and puts orange cones next to the thick cord. Part of me wants to trip and fall... because hey WINDFALL!!!!!

Old 08-16-2017, 07:38 PM

25 posts, read 24,221 times
Quote:
I Charge it in the parking lot down the block

Old 08-16-2017, 08:16 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
I dont think i would see a topic covered in another region of the country.

In my travels, i have seen factory working trailer park residents, with Two new trucks, jetskis, motorcycle, amoungs other toys. Wonder how they get cash, living in a dang trailer park.

In bushwick, just 10 years ago, i could have purchase a 3 family home for $150k. Since then, the value is at $900k, as many people are looking to move in. I could even rent 3 floors at $1800 a month! So, old timers that stayed around, purchasing 2 or 3 during all this time, are sucessfull .

Many african americans, real nyers, staying true in their old hood, hold good paying jobs, and deserve to drive a nice car. Well earned.

Pretty much this. I went to a lady's house close to where they are building a bunch of high rise apartments 2 blocks from the L line. She said she bought her house for $160k. Now she can rent one floor for more than double her mortgage.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timppa View Post
"Ghetto" is also very subjective. What may be a ghetto or simply a bad neighborhood to one, may be a paradise to another.

This, yes....this! ^^^^^^5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City